Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
The South Shields Poltergeist
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Ghosts - Poltergeists and entities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titchOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 1202
PostPosted: 08-07-2011 10:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got the book this morning , and it seems to me the authors haven't looked through all the possible causes of the polt, (an entity of sorts.....evil in the purest sense of the word) Dont they look into other likely causes?

Was the TV show ever made? I would like to watch it if it was.
titchOffline
Great Old One
PostPosted: 11-07-2011 09:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished the book last night,and i do think the investigators follow the evil spirit explanation to much, at the cost of the freak out mind scenario,but maybe if i had seen a 3 meter (that's about 7 foot?) tall ,midnight black entity radiating evil , the evil spirit theory may just cross my mind....
_Lizard23_Offline
In love with the
Total posts: 1914
PostPosted: 11-07-2011 11:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

9 foot 9
titchOffline
Great Old One
PostPosted: 11-07-2011 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

9 foot tall ,radiating evil,i would be off in a trail of diarrhea.....Most of what the investigators call evil i would call a joke (like the fluffy toys with knives) but if somebody says they felt the evil coming off an entity,then i take it very seriously.
titchOffline
Great Old One
PostPosted: 19-07-2011 09:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

The report on the polts handwriting cant be released for legal reasons .....i am going to do some digging on the web, but from coming into this case open minded (well no, i did believe) i am beginning to have doubts .
titchOffline
Great Old One
PostPosted: 20-07-2011 10:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

While i still believe the case was genuine there are some important questions raised here http://www.ghosttheory.com/2009/06/18/a-year-later-where-is-the-south-shields-evidence

It does seem to me that the authors/investigators are looking more at making money then sharing there research, does anybody know what is going on with all the evidence that was meant to be gathered?
DiocletianXOffline
Tadger
Total posts: 30
PostPosted: 12-08-2011 20:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the book and it seemed like it couldn't be true. I'm sorry, but who would continue to live in a house, putting their child in danger the way the people in this book apparently do? There's no way I'd continue to live in a house with stuff like that going on around my 3 year old. No way.

For that reason alone I don't believe it all.

Plus, all that stuff about the text messages - surely that can be followed up with the network operators? There wasn't any mention of whether anyone had even bothered trying that.
titchOffline
Great Old One
PostPosted: 13-08-2011 14:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure about this case , but if it WAS a genuine polt there would be no point in moving house, as the polt would just follow you.

But thats a good point about the mobiles ,it would be good if the investigators would come back on here and explain everything (but then again maybe not as they seem to get a bit angry with people questioning them)
titchOffline
Great Old One
PostPosted: 19-08-2011 18:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a thought (ye ye insert sarky comments here.. Smile ) When the investigator has the run in with the tall dark shadowy scary thing, he then notices a puddle on the floor which he touches with his fingers and concludes its polt wee.

Since it was on the floor of a young childs bedroom, and he doesn't say he saw the polt wee on the floor, isn't it more likely to be kiddies wee? And was the "wee" examined to see if it was polt wee? Then again what would polt piss look like... Confused
MythopoeikaOffline
I am a meat popsicle
Total posts: 10480
PostPosted: 19-08-2011 21:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

titch wrote:
Then again what would polt piss look like... Confused

Invisible in the light but glow-in-the-dark when the lights are out.
DiocletianXOffline
Tadger
Total posts: 30
PostPosted: 20-08-2011 09:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the author got such a fright I'd suggest it was his own wee.
linesmachineOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 1053
PostPosted: 27-01-2014 11:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking into various Poltergeist cases at the moment and bumped into this story. Low and behold there was a FT thread all about it (i.e. this one).

Thought I'd give it a quick *bump* and ask if anyone knows if the documentary was ever made?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Ghosts - Poltergeists and entities All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: