Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Jester-type figure and strange thing with the TV
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> It Happened to Me!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Louie1974Offline
Grey
Total posts: 2
PostPosted: 13-02-2012 13:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bit about the creepy court jester reminded me of some people's experiences with what they describe as a harlequin. There are stories all over the internet, including on this site IIRC. Here's one from the From the Shadows blog (if link doesn't work just google "creepy harlequin encounters"):

http://from-the-shadows.blogspot.com/2010/03/harlequin-encounter-in-kansas.html
cherrybombOffline
Skating the thin crust
Total posts: 1059
PostPosted: 13-02-2012 13:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link, Louie1974.

Very creepy!
baza270577Offline
Grey
Total posts: 12
PostPosted: 14-02-2012 13:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again,

First of all, the TV thing. We still had a late 70s style TV at that time so it didn't have a remote for channel hopping or anything like that. It was like something that Noel Edmonds might have done on one of his shows, but nothing happened afterwards. It just went back to normal after a few seconds. I can't remember what we were watching at the time exactly but stuff like Dempsey and Makepeace used to be popular Saturday night telly for us in the mid 80s. (By the way I'd like to here any other strange TV or Radio related stories. I find old telly a bit eerie anyway!)

Now the Jester thing. It didn't look ghostly, it was solid and like a real person. It had facial features but it was too far away to make them out clearly. For a number of years I actually just thought it might've been someone going to a fancy dress party (which it could've been I suppose?) It was only as I got older and became interested in mysteries that I started thinking just how 'odd' it was (again I know it isn't just a phantom memory or anything like that because my mum remembers me mentioning it at the time)
gncxxOffline
King-Size Canary
Total posts: 14371
PostPosted: 14-02-2012 20:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

baza270577 wrote:
(By the way I'd like to here any other strange TV or Radio related stories. I find old telly a bit eerie anyway!)

Here's a thread dedicated to weird TV:
http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=783

Plenty of food for thought there!
Electric_MonkOffline
I'm the Easter Platypus!
Total posts: 966
PostPosted: 14-02-2012 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myrtlee wrote:
http://legendsrevealed.com/entertainment/2009/04/28/tv-legends-revealed-3/

But I don't remember it and I'm not sure how reliable this site is hmm

Although NHP was live, I'm sure they implemented some sort of delay, to avoid the obvious risk, which they were undoubtedly aware of. I once saw an interview or somesuch with someone from a similar show, where they hid secret cameras all over the house and various other locations, to film their entire day for the show (I think maybe they were woken up and given a task to do that day), and I remember when I watched thinking "They must film some obscene stuff". In this interview it was confirmed that, indeed, they quite regularly happened to capture recordings of the people masturbating, and they obviously just 'destroyed' that footage Razz
baza270577Offline
Grey
PostPosted: 14-02-2012 22:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

The story further up in tht thread about an HSBC advert from the future reminds me of someone who was watching Corrie in his hotel room in 1993 when it was interupted by "the first ever time-travel broadcast" Does anyone remember that story or any like them?
baza270577Offline
Grey
PostPosted: 14-02-2012 22:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, related to TV kind of, I had a dream last year that I was on a boat on the Thames in 1968 as they photographed what became the Thames Television ident until 1989. I remember thinkng 'wow people are going to be watching this for the next 20 years' I know it was just a dream but it kind of felt real-ish. I could see that they were using 6os equipment and I could actually smell the London pollution as I imagine it was (I was born in 1977 and went to London for the first time in 1986 so wouldn't know for real!) It just got me thinking is there a place where dreams, time-travel and other stuff kind of merge sometimes? I know, a bit of a vague question!
cherrybombOffline
Skating the thin crust
PostPosted: 15-02-2012 13:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, tv's & radios have odd things going on, I'll have a read of that thread this afternoon (hopfully work will remain slow Wink )

Yes baza270577, that time travel story really creeped me out. I must try and find it again....
cherrybombOffline
Skating the thin crust
PostPosted: 15-02-2012 14:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

found it!! http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=386721

This is a weird one, In 1992/93 ( can't quite remember ), I was on a training course with work, it was an overnight thing, so we were given lodgings at a hotel in Nottingham, U.K, just down the road from Trent Bridge. That evening, after quite a boring day, I retired to my room and decided to watch satellite T.V. At about 7.40 ish, during an episode of coronation street, the television faded out, no adverts, just faded out of corrie, i thought there was a problem with interfearence or something, but then straight away, the t.v faded back, same channel but not corrie, this was scenes of a celebration due to the first ever television time transmission! the scene was jubilant and the commentator said that this 'corporation' (can't remember the name) would go down in history for the first ever time travel transmission. The future, from what i could see looked o.k, nice blue skies, with sunshine, trees everywhere. No sooner had it came on than it faded back to coronation street! about two minutes later the adverts came on. Did anybody else experience anything like this? I would be interested if they have.
rynner2Offline
What a Cad!
Total posts: 24075
PostPosted: 21-01-2014 08:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing weird about this, although the camera did pick up something the operators weren't expecting!

BBC Springwatch presenter's camera catches burglary suspect

A BBC wildlife presenter's camera has captured images of a man police want to speak to in connection with a burglary.
Footage captured on Simon King's camera shows a man climbing over a fence and making off across a garden.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said the footage was filmed at about 03:45 GMT on 12 January at a property in Herne Hill, south London.

The footage was captured on Mr King's "fox camera", which streams live on his website.
Mr King tweeted that the police were "delighted" with the picture from the camera. Very Happy

The wildlife expert has featured in various BBC programmes including Springwatch, Big Cat Diary and Planet Earth.
He said: "I understand that a neighbour of our urban fox family residence was burgled and our cameras captured the possible suspect.

"Anyone can view our network of webcams live through our website and they will often see animals doing the strangest of things - but this is taking it one stage further.
"I hope the police are able to make use of the images and that this matter is resolved with as little disruption as possible for all concerned."

The police spokesman said officers believe the man had been disturbed during the break-in and nothing was taken from the property.
He added that anyone who recognised the man should contact police.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-25814261
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> It Happened to Me! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: