Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Most Haunted - bumper compendium thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Ghosts - general
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OriginalHermesOffline
SEBI (Search for Earth Based Intelligence)
Total posts: 16
PostPosted: 29-08-2010 09:11    Post subject: Least haunted? Reply with quote

I've mused that it would be interesting, out of viewership fairness, to have a show for nervous, timid types, entitled "Least Haunted". The aim would be to find somewhere bright and out in the open, where lack of rumour, living memory, historical research and archaeology suggested that nothing of note had ever happened there. In the UK this would be a challenge, as virtually anywhere seems to throw up evidence of prior habitation at some time or other.
Having said that, some would argue that Most Haunted and Least Haunted are one and the same anyway. Wink
jimv1Offline
Great Old One
Total posts: 2920
PostPosted: 17-11-2012 10:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a show with Michaela Strachan which just about fits the bill. She pops in for a look around and listens to a couple of stories and nips off without doing any investigation at all. Frankly, I think she just likes nosing around other people's homes.
sherbetbizarreOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 1813
PostPosted: 17-11-2012 12:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently in the process of making up a haunting so she can come nose around mine Wink
cardinalukOffline
Yeti
Total posts: 66
PostPosted: 23-11-2012 15:23    Post subject: Most haunted disppointed me Reply with quote

I watched and LOVED MH all the way up to the 9th series. (I think it was 9th or 10th).

There was one episode where they were exploring a stately home and Karl was on a balcony in a library and the rest of the team, including Yvette were down below looking up at him.

Books were being thrown down to Yvette and landing open on pages and the team were looking to see what pages they landed on.

Now my gripe was that all the team were acting rather non-plussed at what was happening, even Karl who was conveniently in the right place to pull books from the shelf and throw them down.

Really spoiled the show for me that event, now I can't trust the show and watching the distinctly average looking but endlessly attractive (to me)Yvette poo herself isn't as fun anymore.
Heckler20Offline
The Sockpuppet of
Total posts: 4001
PostPosted: 23-11-2012 16:40    Post subject: Re: Most haunted disppointed me Reply with quote

cardinaluk wrote:
Really spoiled the show for me that event, now I can't trust the show and watching the distinctly average looking but endlessly attractive (to me)Yvette poo herself isn't as fun anymore.

Exactly, the endless stone/object throwing whenever bald sound chappy and Karl were around just got quite tiresome, as did the 'possession' of sound guy when he looked around him, then 'fainted' unconvincingly in the safest direction before crying about being pushed over and kicked by spirits.

I prefered it when they at least made an attempt to investigate and occasionally had a duff episode rather than invent phenomena.
jimv1Offline
Great Old One
Total posts: 2920
PostPosted: 24-11-2012 12:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they still doing orbs?
Heckler20Offline
The Sockpuppet of
Total posts: 4001
PostPosted: 26-11-2012 08:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimv1 wrote:

'Light anomalies' if you please.

And yes they are, mainly I fear because for most 'investigations' that's all that happens....
jaxxmanukOffline
Yeti
Total posts: 58
PostPosted: 26-11-2012 11:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimv1 wrote:

Not since the show was "axed" on 21 July, 2010

I believe the production company owned by Yvette and Karl was moving the format to Channel 5 but for whatever reason it fell apart.
bobandterryOffline
Grey
Total posts: 29
PostPosted: 30-12-2012 09:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whistle for me....can you make a noise? Perhaps whistle "were in the money".
oldroverOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 2227
PostPosted: 30-12-2012 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how much money is left these days after 'The Paranormal Channel' went tits up.
Zilch5Offline
Vogon Poet
Total posts: 1568
PostPosted: 05-08-2013 05:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nice story from Queensland:

Quote:
Firefighters on trail of ghost at Ipswich station

LOFTY the ghost has been the talk of Ipswich Fire Station for years and he is still making his presence felt.

Firies are known for being rational, no nonsense characters well versed in facing reality squarely in the eye.

So when the QT discovered many of the firefighters who have worked at the Waghorn St station have had some kind of encounter with Lofty, it was time to investigate.

After a series of strange noises, mysterious sightings and bizarre goings on, the firies themselves were also intrigued.

Ipswich firefighter Matthew Chadwick recently set up a trail camera in the gymnasium, where Lofty is said to hang out. The camera takes photos based on movement and has an infrared flash.

What came back were eerie, with one photo taken at midnight revealing a mysterious figure.

"Everyone will have their own interpretation, but to me it looks like a head with shoulders on it," Chadwick says.

"There are four photos and it moves across the screen from left to right."

Ipswich station officer Des Sardie has seen the photo and says "it looks like there is some sort of figure there".

"Lofty is not a nasty ghost at all, but the general consensus is that we do believe there is something going on here out of the ordinary.

"When you come out of our dorm you can look down into our kitchen and lounge area.

"One particular night several years ago it was 1.30am. I came out of my sleeping area to go to the toilet and I looked left and thought I saw one of the crew members up. I went into the lounge room to see who it was and there was no one there.

"Most of the firefighters that have worked here say they have felt or heard something.

"I'm not into the spirits. I'm on the fence. But sometimes you see something and do a double take and think 'What was that?'"

Bangs and clangs are often heard downstairs in the gymnasium, once the recreation room, where Sardie says "there is always an eerie feeling".

"It is pretty rare that I venture down there in the wee hours of the morning when it is all dark," he says.

The QT went on a tour of the station's dormitory, gymnasium and other nooks and crannies and there certainly is a feeling of uneasiness about the whole establishment.

Bundamba station officer Bruce Beasley says the old rec room is a place where "you'd always hear a bang or clang in the middle of the night and you'd go down there and couldn't see anything".

"There was always a rumour that Lofty used to walk around the station at night and check on everything to make sure it was all right, although I've never seen him," Beasley says.

So who is Lofty?

There is a theory that a person who once owned the land where the fire station now exists was unhappy about the station being built and has come back to haunt the firies.

The more commonly held view is that Lofty is a former firefighter who just can't get enough of the place. Sardie says "a lot of firemen have passed through this station...and some have passed away through illness or age".

"We've had firemen that have loved the place and wouldn't go home...so we've joked that maybe one or two of those firemen have come back and are back on shift with us," he says.

The firefighters will leave the station for good next week for their new base at Brassall.

"But we are hoping that Lofty stays here and looks after the place for us," Sardie says with a grin. "We'll move on to our new station - and maybe we'll get another Lofty there."
Ipswich Queensland Times

http://www.qt.com.au/news/firies-ghost-leaves-his-mark-in-midnight-photo/1970053/
TarmarkOffline
Grey
Total posts: 22
PostPosted: 05-08-2013 11:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, love it or hate it, looks like Most Haunted is back in 2013.

And in true Star Trek fashion, it will be called the Next Generation... Cool

https://en-gb.facebook.com/MHTNG
EponastillOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 238
PostPosted: 18-08-2014 10:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the matter with me. Even though I know 100% that it's a load of old bilge (and I was really really tired of it by the end) something in me thrills to hear this
http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2014/aug/18/most-haunted-still-the-market-leader-in-ectoplasmic-claptrap

bring it on

(just as long as that deluded woman who thinks she's a historian / mary queen of scots is not on it - even Derek was more convincing)

Something in the human mind must love ectoplasmic claptrap, that's my only excuse.
escargot1Offline
Total posts: 13642
PostPosted: 18-08-2014 11:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently met a friend of Yvette's and through her I am discreetly angling for an invitation to one of Yvette and Karl's private psychic events. Very Happy

Might take a while but you never know. Wink
Stu73Offline
Great Old One
Total posts: 261
PostPosted: 18-08-2014 11:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I recently met a friend of Yvette's and through her I am discreetly angling for an invitation to one of Yvette and Karl's private psychic events. Very Happy

Good luck and hope to hear all the juicy details. I too am a fan even though i know it's bollocks.

Still miss the overacting Derek days though.

"THANK you Sam!! THANK you!!" Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Ghosts - general All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 35 of 37

Jump to: