Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Zana the wild woman
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Cryptozoology - manbeasts and mystery apes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stunevilleOffline
Admin
Total posts: 10505
PostPosted: 12-01-2007 07:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine it's because we've had "great discoveries" trumpeted time and again, only to then fizzle out. Think how many times expeditions have returned with anomalous hair or faeces or bones, announced they were highly significant and they were going to have them tested at some prestige institution, and then... nothing is ever heard of the matter again.

Could be they're biding their time.

Must admit, Khwit looks an awful lot like Shane McGowan. I wonder if perhaps they're related?
XanaticoOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 1141
PostPosted: 12-01-2007 09:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

And one of the sources for the skull thing is Pravda, not a newspaper I would trust any further than I can throw an elephant.
LaurenChurchillOffline
Pretty Good Old One
Total posts: 933
PostPosted: 14-01-2007 10:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

tang-malow wrote:

The picts where supposedly shorter than the current Scots and also had darker skin. (i hope the word scots doesnt offend you!)
I think you will also find that the Romans did infact fear the picts and there are many legends in which whole legions disappeared without a trace in Caledonia.
Hadrian’s Wall was also 6.5 meters tall.. Not 8 foot! it had a 9 meter long ditch dug in front of it and behind the first wall there was another wall built so roman warriors could patrol incase the northern barbarians attacked. There was also forts along the wall that held roman warriors who’s job was to kill anyone who attacked the wall.. there was supposidly over 100 sodiers posted at each fort and roman soldiers where also paid quite well so i doubt they where there to sell cosmetics in this mall of yours. I have been to Hadrian’s Wall many times and I don’t think it was a "roman shopping mall". pfft I suppose the Roman Colleseum was an ancient carpark??

Point A: I've done a fair amount of research in European archaeology and I've not come across much indication of a universal Roman fear of Picts or Caldoniis (whatever you want to say). A few instances, yes, but nothing substantial.
Point B: Hadrian's Wall varied in its height and width, even when it had only just been built so you cannot state that it was 6.5m tall, or 8 foot either.
Point C: The shopping mall analogy was AN ANALOGY.
Point D: Are you the most patronizing prick ever? Although I use the shortened term 'Abos' because it IS a bloody long word to type, it can be considered racist, so durrib had a point.
stunevilleOffline
Admin
Total posts: 10505
PostPosted: 14-01-2007 11:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save your breath - he's long gone, Lauren.
LaurenChurchillOffline
Pretty Good Old One
Total posts: 933
PostPosted: 15-01-2007 03:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, typical, work out something to say, a few good points to make and it's long after the fact. Isn't that the way it always goes Rolling Eyes lol
werewolf_hunterOffline
Grey
Total posts: 5
PostPosted: 05-09-2013 00:34    Post subject: Re: Zana the wild woman Reply with quote

a 'wild woman' who had ape-like features, a massive bosom, thick arms, legs, and fingers, and was covered with hair.

SOUNDS LIKE THEY SPOTTED HILLARY CLINTON ON VACATION WITHOUT ANY MAKEUP...LOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Cryptozoology - manbeasts and mystery apes All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: