Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
The yeti in the Reinhold Messner museum Bolzano Alps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Cryptozoology - manbeasts and mystery apes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
newbearOffline
Grey
Total posts: 3
PostPosted: 29-10-2013 11:28    Post subject: The yeti in the Reinhold Messner museum Bolzano Alps Reply with quote

It was donated by Ernst Schaefer's widow and shot by him in the 1930s. I just wondered what people from the Himalayas made of it... whether it was what they thought a yeti looked like and also Christophe Hagenmuller who featured in the Bigfoot Files documentary that recently aired whether it was similar to the one he was shown by hunters. I presume he must have seen it now.
oldroverOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 2327
PostPosted: 29-10-2013 15:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello newbear and welcome to the forum.

Firstly regarding the Messner and Hagenmuller skins it doesn't matter whether they're alike or not as they're both stuffed mounts. That is skins stretched across a man made support, and we know for certain that the Messner specimen has been deliberately distorted to make it look bizarre. So when the people of the Himalayas last saw it it'd have looked nothing like it does now. In short it's little more than a hoax.

As for your other post, whether there's a good yeti or cryptozoology forum, this one is quite good but very quiet. On the rare occasions when it's busy it can be very good. There are a few regular posters each with very different perspectives but who are all very knowledgeable, not just about current events but also these stories' historical contexts. There are several such threads about Asian wildmen, the Almasty and a compendium thread on bigfoot.

Also the thylacine is pretty well covered.

Another good website is Cryptozoology.com , its tone is predominantly sceptical though. Like me.
newbearOffline
Grey
Total posts: 3
PostPosted: 29-10-2013 16:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks. i've not been able to find hardly anything else about messner's stuffed yeti on the internet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Cryptozoology - manbeasts and mystery apes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: