Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Messages from beyond the war grave

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Ghosts - general
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oll_lewisOffline
mi mou tous kiklous taratte
Total posts: 1886
PostPosted: 17-08-2002 13:09    Post subject: Messages from beyond the war grave Reply with quote

As part of some part time work experience I was undertakeing recently to pep up my CV in a regimental museum, one of the jobs I was handed to do was ammending a printed out list of men wonded in action, killed in action, died of wonds, killed in battle acidents, drowened, missing, invileaded out etc.
there were many spaces on the list where the solgers had nearly full information, just missing a company number for example and these would be easy to find out with just a simple look in the relevent section (eg MIA) underwhich the mans fait was listed in the origional log book taken at the time, There wore however about 17 or so enteries with nothing apart from the man's name writain down.
As you can guess this would be like looking for a neadle in a haystack so when I encoutered the first of the enterys with just the name and number in it my heart sank, I was in for a long and monotenus trawl through the whole book.
However as I picked up the book I heard what sounded like a person speaking directly behind me:
"k-i-a" it said softly and was even decent enougth to say a number after that. I looked behind me expectiong to see someone standing there but there was no one there.
A strange compultion stole over me and I decided to check on the page that had the same number the voice had said, I felt that by doing this I was undertakeing extreamly important work.
The page I turned to was indeed in the KIA section and the name I had been looking for along with the 16 others was on that page, all had died in the same attack.
escargot1Offline
Total posts: 13672
PostPosted: 10-12-2013 10:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

How on earth did we miss this gem? Very Happy
OneWingedBirdOffline
Freelance Subversive
Total posts: 1896
PostPosted: 10-12-2013 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a rather nifty little tale.

Also brings to mind Zos Kia Cultus

Quote:
Zos Kia Cultus is a term coined by Kenneth Grant, with different meanings for different people.[112] One interpretation is that it is a form, style, or school of magic inspired by Spare. It focuses on one's individual universe and the influence of the magician's will on it. While the Zos Kia Cultus has very few adherents today, it is widely considered an important influence on the rise of chaos magic.[113]
JamesWhiteheadOffline
Piffle Prospector
Total posts: 5731
PostPosted: 10-12-2013 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Oll is still moving in crypto. circles but I've not seen him on here for ages. Let's try to evoke him . . . Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Ghosts - general All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: