Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
06-02-2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Notes and Queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris138Offline
Cretin
Total posts: 155
PostPosted: 12-12-2013 01:09    Post subject: 06-02-2012 Reply with quote

Most users ever online was 682 on 06-02-2012 12:34

So what happened on this date to bring all the people?
stunevilleOffline
Admin
Total posts: 8588
PostPosted: 12-12-2013 06:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not people - search-engine spiders. Until recently we'd often get spikes around mid-morning to lunchtime GMT as it's the early hours on the US west coast.

IIRC the largest number of actual posters we had online in this incarnation of the board was about 300 in 2005, when the board went down for over a month after migrating to a new platform, and when it finally came back loads logged on just to make sure they still existed. Quite a few didn't (or were now called something else entirely..)
Ronson8Offline
Things can only get better.
Total posts: 5945
PostPosted: 12-12-2013 09:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

stuneville wrote:
Quite a few didn't (or were now called something else entirely..)

Yes, I remember it well! Hmph
linesmachineOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 912
PostPosted: 12-12-2013 09:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got all excited when over 400 people turned up to my website www.paranormalcamping.com

It was immediately after I'd tweeted out a news story posted on the site and I convinced myself it was real people flooding in to read my review of pop up tents...sadly it was friggin bots and spiders. That was around midday too.
rynner2Offline
What a Cad!
Total posts: 26205
PostPosted: 12-12-2013 11:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

linesmachine wrote:
I got all excited when over 400 people turned up to my website www.paranormalcamping.com

It was immediately after I'd tweeted out a news story posted on the site and I convinced myself it was real people flooding in to read my review of pop up tents...sadly it was friggin bots and spiders. That was around midday too.

400! Wow! That's big time! My website
http://cornwalltidesreach.weebly.com/index.html
averages maybe 10 a day. But if I give it a mention on FTMB it might shoot up to 50 a day! Wink (But that never shows up until after noon...)

(Perhaps while I'm here, I'll mention the other one too:
http://haylenewbridge.weebly.com/index.html Cool )
chris138Offline
Cretin
Total posts: 155
PostPosted: 12-12-2013 11:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

stuneville wrote:
Not people - search-engine spiders. Until recently we'd often get spikes around mid-morning to lunchtime GMT as it's the early hours on the US west coast.

IIRC the largest number of actual posters we had online in this incarnation of the board was about 300 in 2005, when the board went down for over a month after migrating to a new platform, and when it finally came back loads logged on just to make sure they still existed. Quite a few didn't (or were now called something else entirely..)

I was hoping for something a tad more exciting. Anyway, I have learned something new today.

Would you happen to know how many copies of FT sell in the UK and rest of the world per week?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Notes and Queries All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: