Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Cannibalism: Disturbing, Gory, Strangely Common
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> The Human Condition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JamesWhiteheadOffline
Piffle Prospector
Total posts: 6294
PostPosted: 17-09-2013 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

27 Years for Plan to Kidnap, Rape, Kill & Eat Children

When he has served his term, it seems we can have him back from the US, since this charmer is a Brit! Sad

I don't know if the Grauniad has stretched his image horizontally or if he bears an uncanny resemblance to the blobfish, lately pictured in the same paper.

Scroll up for the 7th May posting about his arrest, though the grisly details are in both reports. Once is more than enough!
Pietro_Mercurios
Heuristically Challenged
PostPosted: 18-11-2013 20:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

France. Apparently the consumption of a human cassoulet was in progress.
Quote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/15/cannibalism-france-heart-tongue_n_4283965.html

Suspected Cannibalism Shocks France As Man Confesses To Eating Victim's Heart And Tongue

Huffington Post. 15.November.2013

French police are crying cannibalism after a man in southern France allegedly cut out a man's heart and tongue with the intention of eating them.

Police in Nouilhan arrested a 26-year-old homeless man late Thursday night. According to local outlets, the man is accused of breaking into a 90-year-old's home and bashing in his skull with a metal tool from the resident's barn. Investigators say the man then set fire to the corpse, cut out the victim's heart and tongue and may have cooked them, Le Parisien reports.

When authorities arrived at the scene, they discovered a calcinated body, along with some cooked meat and white beans on a plate.

After the 26-year-old fled the home, he allegedly assaulted a man on a tractor, breaking his shoulder. As the police narrative goes, he then entered another home and managed to grab a shotgun before he was chased out by the owner.

Officers were able to find the man and arrested him shortly before midnight. During his arrest, he reportedly acted "very calm" and "not aggressive."

It's not immediately clear whether the man actually cooked or ate the body parts. However, from his statements, authorities say there is reason to believe he cooked and ate the 90-year-old's heart and tongue, Le Nouvel Observateur reports.

"It would seem he acted because of voices, messages that he was receiving and that were telling him to act in this way. Those are his first statements,” local prosecutor Chantal Firmigier-Michel told the Agence France-Presse.

The man has already undergone a psychiatric evaluation, which revealed an "abolition of mental faculties," 20 Minutes reports. An autopsy will be performed Monday to confirm the truth of the accused's statements.

According to Le Figaro, Jean Duval, the mayor of the small town, which is home to some 200 residents, said he was "shocked" by the tragedy and called the scene at the 90-year-old's home "particularly traumatic."
PeripartOffline
is still wondering
Total posts: 4073
PostPosted: 19-11-2013 10:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When authorities arrived at the scene, they discovered a calcinated body, along with some cooked meat and white beans on a plate.

This is truly shocking. Beans, yes (presumably fava), but where was the chianti?
ramonmercadoOffline
Psycho Punk
Total posts: 21350
PostPosted: 19-11-2013 11:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good Bordeaux no doubt was imbibed.
ramonmercadoOffline
Psycho Punk
PostPosted: 29-11-2013 13:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
German policeman 'kills and eats lover'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25151961

Police in Dresden say they have arrested a 55-year-old police officer on suspicion of murder after the body of another man was found in the Erz mountains in eastern Germany.

They say there are indications that parts of the victim may have been eaten.

The dead man lived in Hanover and had been reported missing.

Police believe that the two men met via an internet site for those interested in sex with torture.

They say that the victim was tortured, killed and dismembered, and that his body parts were buried on a piece of land in the mountainous region which belonged to the alleged killer.

The arrested man works for Saxony's State Office of Criminal Investigation in the forensics department.

Germany's Bild tabloid reports that he is an expert in handwriting analysis.

The BBC's Stephen Evans in Berlin says that it is not clear whether the killing was deliberate or whether it was the playing out of fantasy which went wrong.

Police say that body parts of the victim were missing, and they presume that cannibalism took place.
rynner2Online
What a Cad!
Total posts: 25932
PostPosted: 09-12-2013 10:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

A classic sea-going cannibalism tale:

The Whale: the terrifying real voyage that inspired Moby-Dick
Moby-Dick is the story of a captain driven mad in his pursuit of a whale. But, as a new BBC drama reveals, the events that inspired Herman Melville were even more terrifying
By Philip Hoare
7:00AM GMT 09 Dec 2013

[Too long to post here, but if you don't want to read the original article, you can wait for the TV version:

The Whale will be shown on BBC One later this month ]

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/10500877/The-Whale-the-terrifying-real-voyage-that-inspired-Moby-Dick.html
rynner2Online
What a Cad!
PostPosted: 10-12-2013 22:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coincidentally, the second prorgamme of the Shipwreck series starts with a painting that features a shipwrecked crew, and includes cannibalism:

Shipwrecks: Britain's Sunken History - 2. A World Turned Upside Down

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b03l7kj8/Shipwrecks_Britains_Sunken_History_A_World_Turned_Upside_Down/
rynner2Online
What a Cad!
PostPosted: 20-12-2013 07:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

rynner2 wrote:
A classic sea-going cannibalism tale:

The Whale: the terrifying real voyage that inspired Moby-Dick
Moby-Dick is the story of a captain driven mad in his pursuit of a whale. But, as a new BBC drama reveals, the events that inspired Herman Melville were even more terrifying
By Philip Hoare
7:00AM GMT 09 Dec 2013

[Too long to post here, but if you don't want to read the original article, you can wait for the TV version:

The Whale will be shown on BBC One later this month ]

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/10500877/The-Whale-the-terrifying-real-voyage-that-inspired-Moby-Dick.html

The beeb give their Prog a puff here:

The real Moby Dick: Do whales really attack humans?
By Rebecca Coxon

The Whale will be shown on BBC One on Sunday 22nd December at 9pm.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-25430996

But surprisingly it doesn't mention the cannibalism that was at the heart of the Telegraph story.

Another cannibalism story was about the murder of young Richard Parker - I've mentioned it before, because the accused were brought to trial in Falmouth. It's also covered in some detail in one of the episodes of
Shipwrecks: Britain's Sunken History
still available on BBC iPlayer.
escargot1Offline
Total posts: 18796
PostPosted: 26-12-2013 18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death, Mourning, and Burial: A Cross-Cultural Reader

Scroll down a bit for the cannibalism.

Shocked
ramonmercadoOffline
Psycho Punk
PostPosted: 13-01-2014 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vid at link.

Quote:
CAR cannibal: Why I ate man's leg
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-25708024
Paul Wood's report from Bangui contains some disturbing images

Sectarian violence in the Central African Republic has reached a new extreme with an act of cannibalism in the capital, Bangui. The BBC's Paul Wood has heard a graphic first-person account, which some might find upsetting.

The buses throwing up clouds of red clay dust had yet to rub out the ugly bloodstain in the dirt. A Muslim man had been murdered here a few days ago, by Christians. His limbs were hacked off. Then one of the crowd ate the flesh in a public demonstration of cannibalism.

We were filming nearby when a young man in a yellow T-shirt came up to talk to me.

"I am the naughty one," he said in broken French. Puzzled, I shook his hand and was trying to ease past him when I noticed the machete tucked into his skinny jeans. "I am the naughty one," he repeated.

Continue reading the main story

Start Quote

I ate his leg, the whole thing right down to the bone - with bread. That's why people call me Mad Dog.”

Ouandja Magloire
Desecration of bodies in war
With a sickening feeling, I realised I was talking to the cannibal.

Camera phones had captured the crime. The pictures show a charred and dismembered body being dragged through the street by a screaming mob. A man held a severed leg and bit down into it.

The same, slightly built figure was standing in front of me. He was even wearing the same yellow T-shirt as in the video.

A few minutes earlier, I had spoken to a horrified witness, Ghislein Nzoto. He said it began when the Muslim man was dragged from a bus.

"People started attacking him, kicking him. They smashed a rock against his head. They kept going even after he was dead."

He went on: "They set the body on fire. There were about 20 youths. They cut a whole leg off. Then one of them started to eat it. He bit into it four times and swallowed. It was raw, not burned.

"This was right in front of the Burundian peacekeepers. One of the soldiers vomited. Then he chased people away with his gun."

'I swore revenge'
The cannibal's name was Ouandja Magloire - though he told me he was now known as "Mad Dog".

There was a busy market either side of the street, people hawking brightly coloured cloth, skin-whitening creams, and piles of fresh loaves. We went somewhere a bit quieter so I could ask him why he had done this awful thing.

He told me that Muslims had killed his pregnant wife, his sister-in-law, and her new baby.

People brandish knives and machetes
The media is blamed for presenting political conflicts in highly charged, sectarian terms
He saw a man sitting on the minibus - he thought he looked Muslim so he decided to follow the bus. More and more people joined him until he was at the head of a mob.

"We followed him," he said. "If he reached the intersection, the Burundians would protect him. So we told the minibus driver to stop. The driver said: 'You're right. He is a Muslim.'"

He described what happened after the man was dragged off the bus: "I kicked his legs out from under him. He fell down. I stabbed his eyes.

"Muslim! Muslim! Muslim! I stabbed him in the head. I poured petrol on him. I burned him. Then I ate his leg, the whole thing right down to the white bone. That's why people call me Mad Dog."

On the video, "Mad Dog" is seen happily chewing, his cheeks bulging. He waves a leg about in between mouthfuls. I returned to the question of why he had done this.

"Because I am angry," he said. He had no other explanation.

During our interview, he betrayed no sign of that anger, or of pride, or regret, or of any emotion at all. His tone was neutral, his eyes and face blank.

Baguette
Continue reading the main story

Start Quote

Everyone's so angry with the Muslims: No way anyone was going to intervene”

Ghislein Nzoto
Witness
The witness I'd spoken to, Ghislein Nzoto, said no-one in the busy street had tried to help the victim.

"No-one at all," he said, shaking his head. "Everyone's so angry with the Muslims. No way anyone was going to intervene."

But the most disturbing thing happened the next day, he said. "Mad Dog" returned, having saved some of the dead man's flesh. He put it between two halves of a baguette and ate it, with a side of okra.

Ghislein didn't agree with Muslims being killed but it was at least something he could comprehend, he said. Like most other Christians I spoke to, he was both appalled and baffled by the act of cannibalism.

Perhaps, he agreed with me, this atrocity was simply the act of an unbalanced individual. Or it might be the result of sectarian hatreds.

Or - his final explanation - this had something to do with sorcery.

Many of the Christian fighters we met - the anti-balaka - believe in magic. They go into battle wearing a variety of amulets. A group of fighters at a checkpoint told me some of the amulets contained the flesh of men they had killed.

"We are bullet-proof," their commander told me, chuckling.

There has been, as far we know, no other act of cannibalism is this conflict. There is, however, precedent in the Central African Republic.

Congolese soldiers from the African-led International Support Mission to the Central African Republic (MISCA) stand guard in a street where people burnt tyres following the killing of a man by an ex-Seleka member, on 12 January 2014, in Bangui
Sectarian feeling against Muslims is running high in Bangui
The "Emperor" Bokassa, who ruled from 1966 to 1979, was accused of having his enemies cooked and served at state dinners. Paris Match published photographs it said were of the body parts of children in a fridge at his palace. (After he was deposed, Bokassa was tried. While he was convicted of murder, he was found not guilty of cannibalism.)

There is no long history of sectarian hatred in this country. It exploded out of nowhere after Muslim mercenaries from Chad and Sudan joined the Seleka alliance that swept to power.

'Polarising' reporting
The Seleka were accused of murdering Christians in large numbers, of raping women and looting as they crossed the country. Christians formed self-defence groups, doing their own share of killing.

Western diplomats here blame the foreign media, too, in particular French TV and radio.

Reporting a simple "Muslim against Christian" story misrepresented what began as ethnic and political violence, they say: It polarised the two communities.

This is a complex country - with perhaps 200 ethnic groups and languages - but increasingly people see themselves this way. Last Friday, when the president resigned, we filmed a Christian crowd happily singing: "Today, we're going to kill Muslims."

"Mad Dog" Magloire's crime was a singular act. It might have been the result of his own demons, not a symptom of a sectarian conflict.

But as we interviewed him, a small crowd gathered, all Christian. They shook his hand and patted his head, smiling and laughing as he, for the first time, smiled broadly. To them, he was a hero.

That does not augur well for the future of the Central African Republic.
MythopoeikaOffline
Total posts: 10752
PostPosted: 13-01-2014 21:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, things are getting pretty bad out there. Shocking. Shocked
ramonmercadoOffline
Psycho Punk
PostPosted: 14-01-2014 01:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not looking great in Ireland either ( although it does look as if an Italian is responsible; phew ). I posted this in Strange Crimes as the cannibalism hasn't been officially confirmed yet.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/republic-of-ireland/chess-murder-lodger-admits-to-butchering-landlord-as-victims-lung-removed-during-horrific-killing-29910376.html
OneWingedBirdOffline
Freelance Subversive
Total posts: 1772
PostPosted: 14-01-2014 11:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

That leg story is quite horrific.

So one clown sees a guy on a bus he doesn't like and follows him and it ends in murder and cannibalism. Shocked
ramonmercadoOffline
Psycho Punk
PostPosted: 14-01-2014 12:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ireland’s first cannibal murder leaves detectives badly traumatized
Officers distraught after murder suspect eats victim’s organs after chess game fight
By PATRICK COUNIHAN, IrishCentral Staff Writer
Published Monday, January 13, 2014, 7:26 AM Updated Monday, January 13, 2014, 10:10 AM

The suburban Castleknock, Dublin, home of devout Catholic Tom O’Gorman who was cut up by his murderer, after a game of chess. His killer ate his lungs and heart.

The suburban Castleknock, Dublin, home of devout Catholic Tom O’Gorman who was cut up by his murderer, after a game of chess. His killer ate his lungs and heart.
Photo by Mirror

submit to reddit
Two Irish police officers have been left traumatized after they discovered the ‘cannibalized’ body of a murder victim in the Dublin suburb of Castleknock.

Newspaper reports on Monday morning say that devout Catholic Tom O’Gorman was cut up by his murderer, who then ate his lungs and heart. O’Gorman was killed after a fight over a chess game.

The two officers sent to the scene of the crime have been traumatized, according to a report in the Irish Sun.

A police source told the paper, “Mr O’Gorman suffered an appalling death before his lung was removed and eaten by his killer.

“There was blood everywhere in the room. This was a brutal act of slaughter and appalling act of evil.

“The young officers who made the discovery are understandably very distressed. When they entered the house it was like walking through the gates of Hell.

“But they remained composed, secured the scene for evidence and arrested a suspect.”

It is believed the victim’s heart was also eaten.

The paper adds that police believe the 39-year-old pro-life campaigner is Ireland’s first ever known victim of cannibalism.

He was killed after a row erupted at his home in West Dublin, over the king being moved in a game of chess.

He suffered multiple knife wounds to his head and body but the report adds that detectives were shocked after discovering one of O’Gorman’s organs had been sliced from his body and eaten by his killer.

He was found lying in a pool of blood in a front sitting room after the alarm was raised in the early hours of Sunday morning.

O’Gorman worked as a journalist for Irish Catholic magazine The Voice and had been living at his family home after his mother, Anne, died 18 months ago. He had recently taken in a lodger.

The victim was also a researcher with Catholic lobby group the Iona Institute.

Iona Institute director David Quinn paid tribute to O’Connor. He said, “On behalf of everyone at The Iona Institute, I would like to express our total shock and deep sorrow at the terrible and untimely death of Tom O’Gorman. Tom was a friend as well as a work colleague to us all.

“Tom had been working as a researcher at the Iona Institute since its launch seven years ago.

“Most of us knew him from before then, in some cases all the way back to his days at UCD. He was a fond and dear friend and we will all miss him.

“We extend our commiserations to his family and above all to his sister and brother, Catherine and Paul. May Tom rest in peace.”

A 34-year-old man from Palermo, Sicily, who has been living in West Dublin for two years was arrested by police investigating the death. Savario Bellante was charged with the murder on Monday morning

Read more: http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Irelands-first-cannibal-murder-leaves-detectives-badly-traumatized--239896721.html#ixzz2qNPHvyAU
Follow us: @IrishCentral on Twitter | IrishCentral on Facebook
McAvennie_Online
OBE
Total posts: 2905
PostPosted: 17-02-2014 14:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new spin on taking someone to a restaurant for dinner...

Quote:
Nigerian police have shut down a hotel in Anambra for serving dishes made out of human meat, according to a report.

According to the International Business Times, the police recovered two human heads wrapped in cellophane sheets when they arrested 11 people from the restaurant.

"I went to the hotel early this year, after eating, I was told that a lump of meat was being sold at N700 (£2.5), I was surprised. So I did not know it was human meat that I ate at such expensive price," a pastor who had eaten at the hotel told the Osun Defender.

Not everybody was quite so surprised, with one local vegetable seller telling the Nigerian newspaper, “Each time I came to market, because the hotel is very close to the market, I always noticed funny movements in and out of the hotel; dirty people with dirty characters always come into the hotel. So, I was not surprised when the police made this discovery.”

http://www.timeslive.co.za/africa/2014/02/17/nigeria-shuts-down-restaurant-serving-human-meat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> The Human Condition All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19

Jump to: