Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Disclosure ? (What for)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Ufology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greywolfeOffline
Yeti
Total posts: 42
PostPosted: 24-12-2013 15:16    Post subject: Disclosure ? (What for) Reply with quote

Many people wonder why alien groups do not land on the White House Lawn etc. It's seems possible to me that we are failing to understand our place in the multi-verse and that such an introduction by space/time travellers would not be meaningful to their intentions. Our perception of civilisations leads us to presume that a natural first meeting of 2 races would be on a "Leader to Leader" basis. But it's likely that the visitors are indifferent to Obama's/others status and that such teirs of human heirarchy are of no consequence. In my view we should take into account the wider picture of all components present that combine to form the human being. I believe that every human has an immortal component that is a self contained sub-routine connected to an infinetely larger "Mainframe" or central core. Mortal lifetimes on planets such as our own involve a flesh and blood carcass born with its own virgin brain running in tandem yet in accordance with an immortal contoller's wishes who's motives remain unclear. The conscious mind of the mortal human is unaware of it's supervisor and believes itself to be an entirely independent creature. Add to this the realities predicted by Quatum theory (where all that exists does so merely as a result of expectation) - and we have a seriously "Misty" understanding of everything. I see extra-terrestrials as being completely aware of the exotic framework that forms eternity. I also believe that each soul on Earth and beyond has a unique place in the scheme of things and that Leader to Leader contact is meaningless as such status is simply not visible upon the meta-physical stage on which we exist.
YithianOffline
Keeping the British end up
Total posts: 11943
PostPosted: 24-12-2013 15:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, for one, admire your bold position on this.
PeripartOffline
is only passing through
Total posts: 3970
PostPosted: 24-12-2013 17:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

theyithian wrote:
I, for one, admire your bold position on this.

A capital statement from a font of knowledge.
MythopoeikaOffline
Boring petty conservative
Total posts: 9992
PostPosted: 26-12-2013 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds almost like religion.
PeripartOffline
is only passing through
Total posts: 3970
PostPosted: 28-12-2013 11:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concede the main point of the OP - if extraterrestrials are sufficiently advanced from us, there's no reason why they'd see Obama etc as any more than the chief ant in the anthill, and in many ways, might find our leaders the least interesting among us. Does David Attenborough introduce himself personally to the queen ant? No, he observes the ants running around, and occasionally picks one up on a stick to get a closer look. Sorry, David, if you're reading this - I'm not dismissing your work, just using you as an exemplum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Ufology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: