Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Jimmy Savile
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Urban Legends/Folklore
View previous topic :: View next topic  
escargot1Offline
Total posts: 13730
PostPosted: 14-12-2013 23:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Stranger danger' is a misguided concept anyway. Most children who come to harm from adults know their attackers. Family members and family friends are overwhelmingly more likely to assault, abuse or kill children than are strangers.
OneWingedBirdOffline
Freelance Subversive
Total posts: 2009
PostPosted: 15-12-2013 12:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

And sadly, that is why a lot of people want to believe it. Sad And want other people to believe it too.
OneWingedBirdOffline
Freelance Subversive
PostPosted: 23-12-2013 20:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not looking good. Crying or Very sad

Quote:
Rolf Harris facing three further sexual assault charges

Rolf Harris is facing three further prosecutions for sexual assault including one against a girl "aged seven or eight", prosecutors have said.

The three counts are in addition to 13 alleged sexual offences which the entertainer was charged with in August.

The new counts are against females aged 19 in 1984, aged seven or eight in 1968 or 1969, and aged 14 in 1975.

The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) said the allegations related to one existing complainant and two new ones.

The count relating to the 19-year-old involves the same alleged victim as six of the earlier counts.

Mr Harris was arrested as part of Operation Yewtree, which was set up in the wake of allegations against the former BBC Radio 1 DJ and TV presenter Jimmy Savile.

A CPS spokesman said: "These three allegations were included in the file sent to the CPS by the Metropolitan Police in August of this year; however, as part of the ongoing review process for all cases, it has been decided that these allegations should be formally added to the indictment as further counts.

"Evidence relating to these further counts has already been served on the court and the defence, so it is not necessary for Mr. Harris to appear again at magistrates' court."

Mr Harris, 83, of Bray, Berkshire, will next appear at Southwark Crown Court for a plea and case management hearing on 14 January.

He appeared at Westminster Magistrates' Court in September where he was bailed and his case referred to Southwark Crown Court.

A preliminary hearing at the Old Bailey in October set his trial to start on 30 April.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25489501
PeripartOffline
is still wondering
Total posts: 2920
PostPosted: 24-12-2013 11:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is awful. With everyone's permission, I would like to keep on believing that Rolf Harris is innocent until it's proven otherwise in court. It's not looking good, I admit, but I liked him so much that it's soul-destroying to think of him in this way.
escargot1Offline
PostPosted: 24-12-2013 12:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trial starts at the end of April so we'll know either way in May.
Until proven otherwise, as you say, he is innocent.

Haven't heard 'Six White Boomers' much this xmas year though! Laughing
KondoruOffline
Unfeathered Biped
Total posts: 5372
PostPosted: 24-12-2013 13:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peripart; I feel the same way too. I feel very uncomfortable about historical cases, as Forteans we know how unreliable the memory can be.

Sadly, however, there is too much at stake here.

We should worry more about people who do awful things and are allowed to get away with it.
escargot1Offline
PostPosted: 04-01-2014 09:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did Jimmy Savile invent the gangsta look?

Lord of the bling

Quote:
He was wearing a flashy tracksuit, and it looked as if he had redeemed every pledged gold chain from every pawnshop in Leeds and put it round his neck. In another shot he was leaning on a Rolls-Royce; yet another showed him standing in front of his twin decks. This particular photograph was credited as being taken in NY - not the "Big NY", but North Yorkshire - in 1973, a full decade before B-boy style got going in the States.

Laughing
OneWingedBirdOffline
Freelance Subversive
PostPosted: 04-01-2014 10:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This is awful. With everyone's permission, I would like to keep on believing that Rolf Harris is innocent until it's proven otherwise in court. It's not looking good, I admit, but I liked him so much that it's soul-destroying to think of him in this way.

I couldn't agree more. Generally I'm not much for being swayed by arguments about how sweet or innocent anyone managed to come across, but in this case, I really hope it isn't true as well.
CarlosTheDJOffline
Dazed and confused for so long its not true
Total posts: 2013
PostPosted: 22-02-2014 17:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just stumbled across a selection of 1980s compilation albums called 'Savile's Time Travels - 20 Golden Hits Of 196x'.

This is the 1964 version:

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p69/carlosthedj/20140222_165635_zps6a158f3d.jpg

With hindsight the creepiest tracklisting of all time.

Featuring.....

'I Want To Hold Your Hand'
'Hungry For Love'
'Poison Ivy'
'Don't Blame Me'
'Little Children'
'Anyone Who Had A Heart'
'Just One Look'
'World Without Love'
'A Little Loving'
'Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying'
'You're No Good'
'One Way Love'

Urk.
gncxxOffline
King-Size Canary
Total posts: 13231
PostPosted: 22-02-2014 22:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little Children has always been a creepy song no matter who's associated with it.
hunckOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 178
PostPosted: 23-02-2014 01:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Liittle Children has always been a creepy song no matter who's associated with it.

Oh come on - it's about a guy wanting sexy time with his girlfriend but doesn't want her younger siblings hanging around seeing things they shouldn't.

His concern for the little children and their viewing input at an impressionable age
is admirable and should be applauded.

The song is one of the first to express concern in this important and previously neglected area. It would not be stretching things to say that it is a landmark in popular music.
Pietro_Mercurios
Heuristically Challenged
PostPosted: 23-02-2014 01:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember listening to it, when I was a kid. Evokes a b&w World of bigger families and kitchen sink dramas, far away in the early Sixties. The Mersey Sound.
YithianOffline
Keeping the British end up
Total posts: 8770
PostPosted: 23-02-2014 03:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarlosTheDJ wrote:

'Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying'

Ho-ho-ho, a grimly-entertaining find, Carlos.
PeteByrdieOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 353
PostPosted: 23-02-2014 10:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarlosTheDJ wrote:
With hindsight the creepiest tracklisting of all time.

The soundtrack to EVIL! My partner's parents introduced her to SaVile when they used to go on cruises. Turns out even then there were stories about his deviance, which I suppose would have been in the late sixties and early seventies. She's not happy to have discovered that her parents knew about those rumours.
gncxxOffline
King-Size Canary
Total posts: 13231
PostPosted: 23-02-2014 20:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

hunck wrote:
Quote:
Liittle Children has always been a creepy song no matter who's associated with it.

Oh come on - it's about a guy wanting sexy time with his girlfriend but doesn't want her younger siblings hanging around seeing things they shouldn't.

His concern for the little children and their viewing input at an impressionable age
is admirable and should be applauded.

Yeah, but you don't know that when the song starts, and you also don't know how old the sister is. A more innocent time, but suspicion is the lifeblood of this modern era, so looking back...

Other than that, it's a bit of a plod anyway.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Urban Legends/Folklore All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 62 of 64

Jump to: