Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Jeremy Wade and the Loch Ness Monster

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Cryptozoology - water monsters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lordmongroveOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 1071
PostPosted: 25-08-2013 00:22    Post subject: Jeremy Wade and the Loch Ness Monster Reply with quote

http://www.sockshare.com/file/05B20C68F764BB1C#

Loch Ness however is fresh water!
Human_84Offline
We wont hurt you human.
Total posts: 1242
PostPosted: 24-02-2014 17:05    Post subject: Re: Jeremy Wade and the Loch Ness Monster Reply with quote

lordmongrove wrote:
Loch Ness however is fresh water!

Right but some fish are known to tolerate fresh water for periods of time. I suppose this episode lacked the proper investigation into that, and whether or not this creature (trying to avoid spoilers here) has the physical ability to traverse the river Ness and occupy the lake for a few days.

It was a great episode though. I hope at some point Jeremy Wade runs out of fish and starts looking into sighting accounts of true 'river monsters.'
oldroverOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 2227
PostPosted: 24-02-2014 17:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I just tuned out during this gripping two parter. Like that 'Atomic Assassin' episode the bits I do recall though make me worry that Jeremy has come full circle.

I'm not trying to be funny, but how do you feel about the P&T business?
lordmongroveOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 1071
PostPosted: 27-02-2014 04:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

We answerd all of P&T's objections and questions but they didn't use a single second of that in the final cut because they wanted to make themselves look clever. They had an 'expert' saying that the largerst recorded fish in Lake Mitchigan (or onme of the great lakes) was only 7 feet long so Loch Ness could not have a bigger fish. Rubbish. ive seet an 8 foot catfish in a lake that was little more than a muddy puddle and a ten foot sturgeon was captured in White Lake.
They dod a good impression of us though and i got four hundred quid for a day's shoot.
oldroverOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 2227
PostPosted: 27-02-2014 17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

They cut you to add to their programme then? You've got to expect that I suppose with TV.

I did find the impression funny as hell.

I've watched a few of them and find them hilarious ,I loved the 'End of the World' episode. But that said if you watch too many they get a bit samey.

Any results from the Tasmanian scat yet?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Cryptozoology - water monsters All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: