Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Astronauts' UFO Sightings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Ufology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gncxxOffline
King-Size Canary
Total posts: 13231
PostPosted: 21-02-2014 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

gncxx wrote:
Might have been one of Good's other books... a chapter on astronaut sightings maybe?

Right, I had a look at my copy of ATS and in the NASA chapter there's a few pages on astronauts seeing "things" on the moon, including Apollo 11 crew watching a flashing light on a crater to actual spaceships (big ones). I might have been mixed up and thought this meant someone saw a figure watching them, but then again I might have the wrong book. It's probably lost in the mists of time now.
Naughty_FelidOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 265
PostPosted: 22-02-2014 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

skinny wrote:
Aw bugger, there I go crossing lines again. I thought I was rather restrained, tbh. But you're right, naughty. What I said was unforgiveable, and I see how it could be taken completely the wrong way by witless internet saps. English is a tricky language.

Fact is, I contributed a valid response to a bullshit link. Please try to contribute something of relevance yourself, petal.

Well that's a new one never been called "petal' before.

You always this obnoxious?

Don't bother replying as I'm guessing you've honed your professional arsehole/trolling skills to the max and basically you are boring.
HenryFortOffline
I am Seeking Rest for my Weary Heart
Total posts: 1091
PostPosted: 22-02-2014 21:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah i had actually got to thinking old feinman had imploded somewhere ... this thread explains it all !
Pietro_Mercurios
Heuristically Challenged
PostPosted: 22-02-2014 23:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. It's not much fun.
skinnyOffline
Roaring Fortean
Total posts: 594
PostPosted: 23-02-2014 08:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naughty_Felid wrote:
You always this obnoxious?
... you are boring.

... Lets just leave out the insults.

Smile
skinnyOffline
Roaring Fortean
PostPosted: 23-02-2014 09:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

HenryFort wrote:
ah i had actually got to thinking old feinman had imploded somewhere ... this thread explains it all !
I very much doubt it. A poster who cashes in his chips because he gets pulled up by another on one thread has other things going on.

And this little gangbang is pathetic. I've been bitchslapped by regulars here, sometimes deserved and sometimes unfairly, hence the comment in my first post which wasn't an attack on the OP if you read it in that context. What I won't do is bail out due to a negative response to what I post. I've contributed plenty of topics over the past 9 years, and I've broken no terms of service. If I transcended the social niceties, too bad. I'm different. I shoot straight. If you can't deal with it, put me on ignore. I don't give a rat's arse.
Pietro_Mercurios
Heuristically Challenged
PostPosted: 23-02-2014 09:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

skinny wrote:
HenryFort wrote:
I very much doubt it. A poster who cashes in his chips because he gets pulled up by another on one thread has other things going on.

And this little gangbang is pathetic. I've been bitchslapped by regulars here, sometimes deserved and sometimes unfairly, hence the comment in my first post which wasn't an attack on the OP if you read it in that context. What I won't do is bail out due to a negative response to what I post. I've contributed plenty of topics over the past 9 years, and I've broken no terms of service. If I transcended the social niceties, too bad. I'm different. I shoot straight. If you can't deal with it, put me on ignore. I don't give a rat's arse.

There's a difference between shooting straight from the hip and flaming. I think you've edged over the line, so I'm giving you a green warning. If you disagree, PM Stuneville.

Please, everybody. If you find a post in some way offensive, PM a mod. Don't take it online.

P_M
HenryFortOffline
I am Seeking Rest for my Weary Heart
Total posts: 1091
PostPosted: 23-02-2014 10:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

skinny wrote:
HenryFort wrote:
I very much doubt it.

feinman wrote:
I'll also admit to this being my last post here.
linesmachineOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 912
PostPosted: 24-02-2014 09:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh, I think Feinman is probably gone, and I don't blame him. that's why I lost my cool with Skinny.

But Pietro is annoyingly right. Even before I childishly said Skinny was up his own arse I kinda knew it was pointless. Better to just ignore or report.

What's most annoying is that Skinny clearly knows his stuff. If he could act like a decent human being these board would benefit from him.
skinnyOffline
Roaring Fortean
PostPosted: 24-02-2014 11:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

linesmachine wrote:
If he could act like a decent human being these board would benefit from him.
Now now. You might like to take a look at your camping thread and then reconsider the basis of your assumptions.
Arrow http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42832&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60

I'm sure its been gratifying to vent your feelings so publicly folks, but I remind you again that there's a topic under discussion and I'm now under green from the mods, so I invite you to take your issues to PM and then we can get into it as personally as you wish without disturbing the general readership. It's the best I can do for you under the circumstances.
linesmachineOffline
Great Old One
PostPosted: 24-02-2014 14:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

skinny wrote:
linesmachine wrote:
If he could act like a decent human being these board would benefit from him.
Now now. You might like to take a look at your camping thread and then reconsider the basis of your assumptions.
Arrow http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42832&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60

I'm sure its been gratifying to vent your feelings so publicly folks, but I remind you again that there's a topic under discussion and I'm now under green from the mods, so I invite you to take your issues to PM and then we can get into it as personally as you wish without disturbing the general readership. It's the best I can do for you under the circumstances.

That's fine. But I don't just think of myself and the way I'm treated personally. I try to think of others and the reception they receive. Acting in a gracious way to one but then being harsh on others is unfair.

Enough. Back on topic.

The fact that the initial piece linked too is both wrong in accuracy and also seems to have an agenda (The annual UFO conf in Fountain Hills) does look a bit dodge. I tried to contact Lindsey Alexander to query her stuff but am struggling to find a proper email. Which says something in itself.
feinmanOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 211
PostPosted: 25-02-2014 06:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I am breaking my promise never to post here again Very Happy
But, I will post this last comment. Skinny, I feel like you may have lost control a bit there --maybe a pint too many? I've done it myself before, but no more, now. I have to say, I've participated in a number of forums --with members from all around the world, like this one, and the research and congenial collaboration actually resulted in an excellent book published on the subjects discussed, by one of our members. The kind of behavior and language that I see commonly exhibited and tolerated on this forum would get a member INSTANTLY banned on other forums where I have participated; I don't have a desire or need to swim in waters like that. There appear to be many wonderful folks here, and I will miss interacting with *them*. Skinny, your error was assuming that I endorsed or believed the content of that article; in truth I just scanned through it quickly and noticed the bit about Santa Claus, and posted it. The UFO forum seemed dead (and still does, frankly), and I couldn't find any more new and interesting stuff in Google Books. As with my profferings for Ermintrude's experiences, I don't necessarily endorse everything I post, and yes, I just intended it to be a conversation starter; it had floated to the top of a Google News search for "UFOs". You don't know me or even how much I know about various subjects, so I would have trodden lightly, Skinny. As I told another forum member, if I had a nickel for every time I helped a kid with a homework assignment on astronauts, I'd be retired on my own planet. True, I haven't taken a look at astronauts' UFO sightings, simply because I was unaware of incontrovertible evidence for them. But... You chose to attack, and that was too bad, apparently for you.. You don't seem to understand the purpose of forums, really. Maybe you can redeem *yourself* ---by being a gracious and collaborative contributor. It only takes a couple of folks to foul the waters. And yes, I have other things going on Cool Folks who ridicule individuals with personal UFO experiences, will live to eat crow one day, scientists, laypeople, and forum trolls alike! And yes, *THIS* will be my last post. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by feinman on 25-02-2014 14:35; edited 1 time in total
stunevilleOffline
Admin
Total posts: 8613
PostPosted: 25-02-2014 07:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will now draw a line under the who said what and why discussion. On with astronauts and what they may or may not have seen, please.
MercuryCrestOffline
The Severed Head Of A
Total posts: 722
PostPosted: 25-02-2014 08:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Stu...I've been waiting for that. So, what about astronauts and their sightings...?
linesmachineOffline
Great Old One
PostPosted: 25-02-2014 11:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Skinny has mentioned, the Apollo 11 mission had an interesting sighting. I wasn't familiar with it so did a small amount of digging. There's a piece on it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlkV1ybBnHI

Aldrin and the crew also thought it was a stage of the launcher, but when Aldrin requests the location of the SIVB he's told it was approx 6000 miles away. The crew felt the thing they were seeing was no where near as far away as that.

Interesting stuff though....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Ufology All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: