Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Radio station coincidence
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> It Happened to Me!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gatesofcerdesOffline
Grey
Total posts: 14
PostPosted: 27-02-2014 15:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

H2olilyus wrote:
Funny, how when I have something on my mind, most of the songs I will hear on the radio will match the scenario or my mood. Well, maybe not so funny, after all the whole world revolves around me! Must be my magical thinking...

Not that they get much airplay here in the States, but I have thought for many years that there are few situations in life (if any)for which there is not a relevant Pink Floyd song.
special_farcesOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 203
PostPosted: 17-03-2014 15:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always listen to music when working. This morning I was working at a clients office and, on a whim, put on 'The Best of Radiohead'. Haven't played any Radiohead in years. Got through to start of track 7, and had to turn it off as client came into the office to discuss jpb.

This afternoon - back working at home I put on BBC 6 Music. The presenters were chatting, then played 'Lucky' by Radiohead.

Track 8 on the Best of album.
gncxxOffline
King-Size Canary
Total posts: 14891
PostPosted: 17-03-2014 15:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just heard that! Don't like Radiohead, but this could be proof they're onto some kind of cosmic understanding of the mysteries of the universe. Or maybe it's a coincidence, but they are a rum lot.
PeniGOffline
Proud children's writer
Total posts: 2990
PostPosted: 18-03-2014 04:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday on the radio on the way to the weekly role-playing game, and station-hopping (because we keep forgetting to put new music in the car and the local radio stations have absurdly long commercial blocks, so as soon as we hear one commercial we change stations), we heard "Never Been Any Reason" for the first time in ages. You may recall that the chorus involves the lyrics: "Save my life, I'm going down for the last time."

One of the first things that happened to my poor rogue in the game was that she sprang a trap that summoned an air elemental, which picked her up and dropped her 200 feet in the raging water below. My rogue can't swim to speak of and she was completely dependent on the others to get her out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> It Happened to Me! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: