Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
A scary long flash of light at night: ever experienced it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> It Happened to Me!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnacondaEqOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 116
PostPosted: 04-03-2014 18:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have likely been the victim of a 'Deep Probe' by the 'greys'. Usually when these flashes occur it is a sign that time (for you) has temporarily ceased during which the greys undertake their experiments.

Did you experience and rectal pain or anal fissures following your experience?
AnacondaEqOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 116
PostPosted: 07-03-2014 15:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

The above post is made mostly in jest Smile (no offense intended Smile )

But on a more serious note, it has been suggested that 'anal' probes by aliens would be quite an effective way to extract a 'full spectrum' analysis of a humans genetic make-up, as tissue samples do not take into account some of the very important organisms that inhabit our body, particularly in the gut and intestine tracts.
MythopoeikaOffline
Total posts: 9795
PostPosted: 07-03-2014 20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnacondaEq wrote:
The above post is made mostly in jest Smile (no offense intended Smile )

But on a more serious note, it has been suggested that 'anal' probes by aliens would be quite an effective way to extract a 'full spectrum' analysis of a humans genetic make-up, as tissue samples do not take into account some of the very important organisms that inhabit our body, particularly in the gut and intestine tracts.

Interesting point.
It's the kind of thing scientists do when studying wildlife.
XBergMannOffline
Yeti
Total posts: 46
PostPosted: 19-03-2014 14:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wierd Exeter,

That sounds pretty much like what I observed. There are several huge American military bases in the area, Lakenheath and Mildenhall to name but 2.

AnnacondaWq,

I am pleased to report my nether regions were unviolated when I arrived home and climbed off my motorcycle. I would have probably noticed as well if I had a Grey brandishing a rectal probe riding pillion.
XBergMannOffline
Yeti
Total posts: 46
PostPosted: 19-11-2014 11:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

XBergMann wrote:
I had a similar but much shorter in duration event happen to me back in the early 1980s.

Back then the teenage me lived in the fenlands of Cambridgeshire. The terrain there is very flat with numerous small villages spread about in a rural arable farming environment.

One night I was riding my Honda 250 home from visiting friends it would have been around 2am and the roads were deserted. In between villages of course there were absolutely no streetlights and sitting on a motorcycle gave me quite a high position compared to say a car driver, so I had a good clear view of the surrounding countryside which was illuminated by starlight and a milky glow from a quartermoon (or at least the moon was nowhere near full).

As I reached the top of a slight incline the entire sky horizon to horizon was lit up in an intensely bright light for no more than a second or two. It was extremely bright and I clearly remember trees, bushes and the surrounding farmland lit up in full colour for the duration. The effect can only compared to an enormous camera flash going off. I bought my motorcycle to a stop at the side of the road as I had short term effects to my eyesight, again the sort of symptoms one gets if a camera flash goes off right in your face.

When my vision returned to normal I was able to ride home with no problems, my journey home seemed to take no more or less time than usual.

I fully expected to see some comment about this is the local newspapers but there was nothing and no one else ever commented on seeing such a thing.

I know I didn't imagine it as I had to stop my motorcycle as the flash blinded me for a few seconds, I remember hoping I didn't run off the road onto the verge as I was slowing down as I temporarily couldn't see. I remember sitting there waiting for vision to return to nightview mode and I remember riding off again afterwards.

This happened to me at the end of Summer 1981, mid September or thereabouts.

Has anyone else experienced an enormous camera flash like this?

This video from Russia is almost exactly what I saw and was trying to describe in my post from February.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C_7FuJVG0c

Wierd or what?

XB
Isis177Offline
Great Old One
Total posts: 516
PostPosted: 19-11-2014 21:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that on the tv last night. It said that people in Northern Ireland had also seen it.
JamesWhiteheadOffline
Piffle Prospector
Total posts: 5754
PostPosted: 20-11-2014 20:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a rather short thread here devoted to the Longdendale Lights, which were often described as sustained illuminations of the landscape.

I think there must be more about the lights in other threads.

I see some spectacular aircraft-related visions around Stockport so I am tempted to classify anything on nearby flightpaths as landing-lights. Given some diffusion through mist . . . Question
BakeliteBrainOffline
Grey
Total posts: 4
PostPosted: 22-11-2014 17:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting video. Looks like a bolide masked by the clouds.

See http://neo.jpl.nasa.gov/fireballs/ for bolide explanation.

BBrain
ErmintrudeOffline
Grey
Total posts: 25
PostPosted: 29-11-2014 00:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first time back a-visiting the FT forum in many months, and lo, coincidently I find there's been some interesting additions my thread!

The sky bolide is graphic, gripping, and would've been scary even from that safe vantage point.

In contrast my experience had no fade in or out, it was at zero height and as much inside the car (and us) as outside.

The human reaction to blink or stare were equally irrelevant in response to a light that was far too bright to bear. All we wanted to do was run away and hide, as soon as it stopped, but the safest practical thing to do was just to drive off very very fast.

The experience again haunts me as I write this. Had I been by myself, it would've been more frightening for me at the time, but, having been a shared experience with my partner perennially reaffirms it's unforgettable branding upon us.

I try to rationalise it to having been some kind of short-lived geoelectromagnetic effect, perhaps some massive earthlight/sprite, whatever that truly means.

And a (subjective but heartfelt) addendum....what if we'd been stationary? Instead of presumably driving/passing through it? Would it have been fatal? I feel that perhaps it would've, or as good as..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> It Happened to Me! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: