Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
CLASSIC ARCHIVE MERGED: SLEEP PARALYSIS?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> It Happened to Me!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnalisOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 950
PostPosted: 06-11-2009 22:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a few instance of sleep paralysis. One appro. 10 years ago, I had mentioned in another thread. A classic instance. I awoke in the middle of the night, feeling heavy (but no weight on my chest). I had a feeling of an indefined presence. I was not afraid, as I knew what sleep paralysis was. But it was certainly displeasing. In the semi-lucid hypnopompic state I was, I was feeling I could easily 'summon' the face of a Grey or a demon had I wished, but I would never have dared.
Last year, one night I was not having a good sleep, I was maybe dreaming, lying facedown, when I suddenly had a vivid sensation of something entering my body through my back. It was penetrating my whole body, arms and back at the same time. It was so displeasing that I immediately woke up. I knew I would feel paralyzed, but in an intense and sudden effort I broke the spell. All unusual sensations had gone. Three nights ago, I had fallen asleep in a soft armchair while watching TV. At around 4.30, I woke up, and felt myself hanged by two arms from below. I thought it was some kind of imp or demon, feeling malevolent. I awoke and moved, dispelt the feeling of his presence, felt asleep back seconds later, but had still a vague feeling that he was there. I just imagined I was burying him deep in the armchair, so that he wouldn't come back again. 13 years ago, I had had another sensation of the presence of an imp, but this time it was in a case more akin to sleepwalking.
XEPER_Offline
Yeti
Total posts: 39
PostPosted: 29-06-2014 22:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the thread resurrection, this post was linked to in the IHTM "Read Me" so....

I'm just curious. Years ago on here (or was it in the magazine itself, I'm not sure now) someone asked for people that experienced sleep paralysis to contact them. They were writing a book apparently.
I emailed and told them about the things that had happened to me and they were pleased to hear it all.

I never heard any more about it and just wonder what happened with all the info that person must have collected. Was it someone still posting here? Did it ever get made into a book?

It doesn't really happen to me any more, but when it does I grunt loudly until my wife shakes me and tells me to shut up! That wakes me right out of it Laughing
MercuryCrestOffline
The Severed Head Of A
Total posts: 714
PostPosted: 30-06-2014 12:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

While necro-ing threads is frowned upon in most forums, here, we welcome it.

I once had a terrifying bit of sleep paralysis, but for an oh-so-real reason....

I was dreaming that I was in a daycare center (I was 7 or 8 at the time) and I walked through a "shimmer". All of a sudden, I couldn't breathe!

I was well aware (having had "drowning" dreams) that I knew that if I was dreaming, I should still be able to take breaths. Somehow I deduced that I was suffocating in my sleep and did what I could to wake myself up.

I finally awoke, but the sleep paralysis continued. I was face-down in my pillow and couldn't move!

After a profound amount of effort, I finally managed to lift just my head and gasp for air.

Needless to say, I didn't sleep with a pillow for a number of months after that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> It Happened to Me! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Page 17 of 17

Jump to: