Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
look-a-likes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> It Happened to Me!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UsedtobChrisFordOffline
Manticore
Total posts: 118
PostPosted: 19-04-2014 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote=

Funny! What happened after that?[/quote]

No idea. We got back in the van and left immediately.
XEPER_Offline
Yeti
Total posts: 35
PostPosted: 29-06-2014 21:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've spent the day with a hangover after watching Metallica's awesome set at Glastonbury on TV, just reading threads on here. This has to be the third or so time some guy has told a great tale, built up everyone's interest, promised to post a photo or post some new, big info on the case and....
they never post on the site ever again.
Bullshit. Evil or Very Mad
garrick92Offline
Invisible Flaneur
Total posts: 1161
PostPosted: 27-07-2014 22:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure I've told this story before, but I have a double in my home town who looks exactly like me. He's a slightly slighter build (iyswim) but apart from that, he's spot-on. We even wore the same distinctive sweatshirt at one stage. I long got used to complete strangers waving at me, saying hello, and even stopping in their tracks and staring at me in open-mouthed astonishment.

I know he exists, because I have 'met' him. 'Met' in quotes because we didn't even make eye contact -- we were walking past each other on the town bridge one morning and it was obvious that each of us had noticed the other and was trying not to look. It really was the oddest dream-like sensation, like being in a temporary baby universe containing no other people for a few seconds.

His name is Russell. I know this because I entered a pub one evening, and went to 'borrow' a chair from an adjacent table. Before I'd even said "Excuse me, but ..." the person in the next chair nonchalantly said "Oh, hi Russell. Jennifer's not here but she sends her love." He was obviously expecting my double to arrive and join him! Once I had explained and he had picked his jaw up from the floor, we both sat at our respective tables with one eye on the door, waiting for Russell to turn up. He never did! Perhaps he turned up but got spooked by a weird 'don't go in!' vibe.

Worse still, he knows a woman who is the double of my mother. It may even be his mother for all I know. My father spotted 'us' in a Pizza restaurant in the town centre, at a time when I could prove I was elsewhere in Britain. Even producing this proof did not dissuade him of the evidence of his own eyes.
garrick92Offline
Invisible Flaneur
Total posts: 1161
PostPosted: 27-07-2014 22:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incidentally, and in the spirit of Claire Short and the Golem, I spotted this doppelganger in the press the other day and emailed it to a mate with the comment "That wig doesn't fool me, Mr Saxon!"
davidplanktonOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 412
PostPosted: 28-07-2014 09:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it was your mother, and she thought he was you.

You should start a fight club in your town and see if this character turns up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> It Happened to Me! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: