Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
23 foot crocodile eats man in Sumatra
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Cryptozoology - water monsters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramonmercadoOffline
Psycho Punk
Total posts: 21092
PostPosted: 12-08-2014 01:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cultjunky wrote:
ramonmercado wrote:
lordmongrove wrote:
Aardvarks have a nasty set of claws. Cute as a button though. They stink to high hell.

They can get rather antsy.

Join us.

In the Pun sect.

Join us

Honest, we don't kill babies!

JOIN US

I posted there today.

The pun thread is still my highest score, used to be Robots Round Up.
DIPHOBOffline
Yeti
Total posts: 39
PostPosted: 14-08-2014 22:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordmongrove wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu76HITtXNo

Small croc sees off tiger

You originally said kill. And I recognise this clip. That is a large naïve, male cub learning the ropes. Earlier, in that programme, you will see his mother boldly leading it through the croc infested swamp and, as mentioned by the Narrator, who I believe was Fergal Keane, and I paraphrase, it was running them through the hazards of existence. Trust me, that was not a full grown, mature 'Bengal- ( An Indian Doctor friend from the Ranthambor area told me that 'Bengal'
' is only an English term for a tiger whose territory used to stretch far, far wider than that. The English shot them all. They call it' tiger.' And he said every native beast is in great fear of it. The sniff. A mere grunt is picked up. It lives up to the Blake legend).
Lord Mongrove, I appreciate your appreciation for reptiles and I apologise for the chip term and challenging your integrity. I massively appreciate your bold and brave derring do and approach to life what with you going places and personally checking stuff out, I really do.You live the dream rather than us wankers pouting and sneering from the armchair. And I congratulated you personally on a lecture once after an unconvention. You and Jan Bondeson were the highights for me. O I just think that your love gets in the way of accuracy sometimes and should be tempered. God, keep up the exploration. I'd love to join you soon. I retire from dealing with dangerous humans soon. A change is as good as a rest.

Last edited by DIPHOB on 14-08-2014 23:10; edited 2 times in total
ramonmercadoOffline
Psycho Punk
PostPosted: 15-08-2014 21:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Again a small croc but being crushed by an accountant is (Monty) Pythonesque.

Crocodile Injured After 18 Stone Accountant Falls On Him In Freak Circus Bus Crash

A crocodile is recovering after the circus vehicle he was travelling in hit a pothole causing an 18 stone accountant to fall on him.

Fyodor, of the Soviet Circus animal troupe, was sleeping peacefully when the van lost control in Murmansk, north western Russia on Tuesday.

The jolt sent the portly accountant – who was not wearing a seat belt – hurtling into Fyodor’s pit, RIA Novosti reported.

The crocodile was left vomiting for three hours after the incident but is thankfully now on the road to recovery (file picture)

Fyodor was rushed to a vet where he spent three hours vomiting, leading to fears he had suffered an internal rupture or even a fracture.

But thankfully the two-metre-long reptile was deemed to have escaped without major injury and is expected to have recovered by the weekend. ...

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/05/22/crocodile-injured-18-stone-accountant-falls-freak-circus-bus-crash_n_5370391.html
ramonmercadoOffline
Psycho Punk
PostPosted: 15-08-2014 21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now heres a big one.

Quote:
Giant Crocodile Chases Boy As Panicked Onlookers Try To Help (VIDEO)

A behemoth of a crocodile was captured on tape chasing a young boy through Mexican waters as terrified onlookers attempted a rescue.

The video, first published by Noticaribe "not long ago," shows the young male, thought to be a tourist, fleeing for the shore in Sian Ka'an. Behind him, a crocodile gives chase. The videographer, Manuel Carrera, shot video from the Boca Paila bridge above.

Just as the crocodile closes in, one of the onlookers throws an object that distracts it long enough for the boy to make it to shore.

"Fortunately... the boy was saved because the crocodile is well fed and chased at a pace that allowed him to reach the shore," Carrera said, according to 9 News.

Watch the video above to see the terrifying action.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/15/crocodile-chases-boy-video_n_5682152.html?utm_hp_ref=weird-news
DIPHOBOffline
Yeti
PostPosted: 17-08-2014 00:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramonmercado wrote:
Now heres a big one.

Quote:
Giant Crocodile Chases Boy As Panicked Onlookers Try To Help (VIDEO)

A behemoth of a crocodile was captured on tape chasing a young boy through Mexican waters as terrified onlookers attempted a rescue.

The video, first published by Noticaribe "not long ago," shows the young male, thought to be a tourist, fleeing for the shore in Sian Ka'an. Behind him, a crocodile gives chase. The videographer, Manuel Carrera, shot video from the Boca Paila bridge above.

Just as the crocodile closes in, one of the onlookers throws an object that distracts it long enough for the boy to make it to shore.

"Fortunately... the boy was saved because the crocodile is well fed and chased at a pace that allowed him to reach the shore," Carrera said, according to 9 News.

Watch the video above to see the terrifying action.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/15/crocodile-chases-boy-video_n_5682152.html?utm_hp_ref=weird-news

Seen it, Mercy, scary to hell. And I have to wonder, it's their fault Signs are apparently everywhere with pictures. if they'e taken. They have a mum and dad (on mobiles). We're overpopulated. He's genetically thick. Croc hungry. Fine Next time I hear of a human swimming in croc waters and they go I'll know it's a dare that they lost. Discuss.

I
skinnyOffline
Roaring Fortean
Total posts: 564
PostPosted: 17-08-2014 06:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pardon Question
lordmongroveOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 1039
PostPosted: 18-08-2014 17:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

DIPHOB wrote:
lordmongrove wrote:

You originally said kill. And I recognise this clip. That is a large naïve, male cub learning the ropes. Earlier, in that programme, you will see his mother boldly leading it through the croc infested swamp and, as mentioned by the Narrator, who I believe was Fergal Keane, and I paraphrase, it was running them through the hazards of existence. Trust me, that was not a full grown, mature 'Bengal- ( An Indian Doctor friend from the Ranthambor area told me that 'Bengal'
' is only an English term for a tiger whose territory used to stretch far, far wider than that. The English shot them all. They call it' tiger.' And he said every native beast is in great fear of it. The sniff. A mere grunt is picked up. It lives up to the Blake legend).
Lord Mongrove, I appreciate your appreciation for reptiles and I apologise for the chip term and challenging your integrity. I massively appreciate your bold and brave derring do and approach to life what with you going places and personally checking stuff out, I really do.You live the dream rather than us wankers pouting and sneering from the armchair. And I congratulated you personally on a lecture once after an unconvention. You and Jan Bondeson were the highights for me. O I just think that your love gets in the way of accuracy sometimes and should be tempered. God, keep up the exploration. I'd love to join you soon. I retire from dealing with dangerous humans soon. A change is as good as a rest.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I've actually worked with exotic cats too, tigers, lions, cheetha and serval. I was refering not to the colour clip at the start but the black and white clip. This shows a small female crocodile driving off a much larger tiger.
DIPHOBOffline
Yeti
PostPosted: 21-08-2014 23:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordmongrove wrote:
DIPHOB wrote:
lordmongrove wrote:

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I've actually worked with exotic cats too, tigers, lions, cheetha and serval. I was refering not to the colour clip at the start but the black and white clip. This shows a small female crocodile driving off a much larger tiger.

You deserve the vote of confidence. Like I say, I think these magnificent, apex operators in their own right have a wary respect for each other and will only face off in extreme circumstances. Interestingly,coincidentally, with almost Fortean-like timeliness if you like, there's a video of lions and a croc fighting posted yesterday on the Daily Mail website ( I don't normally read it. Honest! But it does seem to include some of wildlife's contemporary and spectacular events).
DIPHOBOffline
Yeti
PostPosted: 22-08-2014 01:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

skinny wrote:
Pardon Question

Duh. Obviously your present mode of contact to all humanity is via machine. Stephen Hawking can't help it. You? God, you're output. And you're not even witty, so don't be so condescending. By the way, I'll be out beneath planet Earth's skies doing stuff, so don't expect a quick reply to whatever witty reply you have.
stunevilleOffline
Admin
Total posts: 8567
PostPosted: 22-08-2014 07:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's enough, DIPHOB - for that you now have a green warning. If you can't keep it in your trousers maybe you'd best stay out beneath the skies.
lordmongroveOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 1039
PostPosted: 23-08-2014 09:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black caiman kills jaguar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1-gc9CBpX4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Cryptozoology - water monsters All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: