Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Time Difference

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Web site issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hunckOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 169
PostPosted: 12-08-2014 16:23    Post subject: Time Difference Reply with quote

If I look at the message board without logging in, the current time seems to be GMT ie 1 hour behind current UK BST.

If I log in, time jumps 3 hours ahead, so 2 hours ahead of current BST. Is there a rational explanation?
stunevilleOffline
Admin
Total posts: 8587
PostPosted: 12-08-2014 18:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. The board in its native state is set to GMT. I forgot to put it forward in March. If yours when logged in says that far in advance, I'd guess in your profile (up there ^, between usergroups and messages) is set to central European time, so you can reset it easily.
ramonmercadoOffline
Psycho Punk
Total posts: 21436
PostPosted: 12-08-2014 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

stuneville wrote:
Yes. The board in its native state is set to GMT. I forgot to put it forward in March. If yours when logged in says that far in advance, I'd guess in your profile (up there ^, between usergroups and messages) is set to central European time, so you can reset it easily.

Just make sure you wind it up every Sunday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Web site issues All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: