Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Amazing Reddit story about a BEK/demon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> It Happened to Me!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rasputinOffline
Yeti
Total posts: 96
PostPosted: 25-06-2014 19:49    Post subject: Amazing Reddit story about a BEK/demon Reply with quote

Not my story but I thought this Reddit post would go down well here, totally terrifying;

http://www.reddit.com/r/Thetruthishere/comments/1x02n9/me_hi_guys_someone_suggested_i_post_my_story_here/
ramonmercadoOffline
Psycho Punk
Total posts: 21440
PostPosted: 25-06-2014 20:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting story! It would make a good tv short.
Soul_DoubtOffline
Yeti
Total posts: 34
PostPosted: 25-06-2014 20:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great story. Was it a Fortean Times-er who linked to this story at the bottom of the thread? Was only linked today:

http://paranormal.about.com/library/blstory_july06_10.htm

I've actually been reading through the stories on this website that I found on the sticky here - some pretty good ones:

http://www.ufofreeparanormal.com/stories/
Human_84Offline
We wont hurt you human.
Total posts: 1242
PostPosted: 02-07-2014 08:29    Post subject: Re: Amazing Reddit story about a BEK/demon Reply with quote

rasputin wrote:
Not my story but I thought this Reddit post would go down well here, totally terrifying;

http://www.reddit.com/r/Thetruthishere/comments/1x02n9/me_hi_guys_someone_suggested_i_post_my_story_here/

I read this, and pondered it for a couple of days before reaching some conclusions. I'm leaning heavily toward BS. Here's why:

1) When you scream out the word "NOOOO" your mouth is more like a wide circle, and you certainly wouldn't hinge open your jaw to it's maximum expanse. Try it once, both ways, and you'll see how silly and 1980's B movie this is.

2) Again, about the mouth, if it's opening wider than humanly possible it suggests the entity was non-human, and so why would it need to escape into the basement instead of just running through a wall or to whatever rabbit hole it came from?

3) The story, like most on Reddit, is always authored in such a descriptive, perfect story telling way, along with a spoonful of grounding realism (EG: he mentioned wanting to have his eyes open when he died). It just screams "Please read me and believe me. I have all the key elements of a great story and still seem realistic, too."

4) There's just no way a kid that age is going to stay up looking at photo albums until daylight. Try getting a kid to pay attention to photos and memories for 5 minutes and you'd have an easier time pulling teeth from a Yeti. There's such a MASSIVELY convenient connection between the reason the kid stayed awake and the entity's main interest. Why couldn't the thing be interested in the plates on the table, the light switch, etc? Because it was seeing pieces of it's own essence in these pictures and enjoying it? Just so, convenient.

5) This is more of a guess, but why was he only able to see the face when it finally started looking at the photos on the wall? Unless it was a half-wall flush against a doorway leading to where he was sleeping, this is also very convenient for story-line pacing (EG: he sees the creature, he sees the face, it comes closer, it sees him too, etc)

6) We're nearing 8am, the adults upstairs are certainly out of REM/deep sleep, and not hearing any of the screaming, running, or door slamming? Possible, but I really doubt it.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Edit: for clarification
rushfan62Offline
Great Old One
Total posts: 268
PostPosted: 14-08-2014 13:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typed on a 'Phone? Seems unlikely.
SameOldVardoger
Great Old One
PostPosted: 15-08-2014 20:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great story.

Some stories, like this one, are too detailed to be believable as a true story.
XEPER_Offline
Yeti
Total posts: 38
PostPosted: 16-08-2014 12:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sleep paralysis.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> It Happened to Me! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: