Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Dr David Kelly
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54, 55  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Conspiracy - The War on Terror
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rynner2Offline
What a Cad!
Total posts: 26638
PostPosted: 12-06-2011 07:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread has shown that there are numerous unexplained anomalies in the death of Dr. Kelly, not the least of which is why there was no proper inquest (instead of an ad hoc enquiry) in the first place.

Practically every other unexplained death in the land is examined by a coroner at an inquest. Why was an exception made in this case? The only reason conspiracy theories flourish around this case is because people can see the playing field is not level, and they wonder why. If a regular inquest had concluded that the death was suicide, most people would have been satisfied with that.

But as it is, even an inquest now would probably not satisfy the doubters unless it came up with a different conclusion to that of the Hutton Inquiry - and that seems to be a potential can of worms that no government wants to face.
JonfairwayOffline
Justified and Ancient
Total posts: 1278
PostPosted: 29-06-2011 11:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still find it hard to swallow how a PC can lie openly, change his statement, and still not offer all the facts, and people on here seem happy with it.

what is being hidden ?
rynner2Offline
What a Cad!
PostPosted: 27-08-2011 09:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doctors in bid for Kelly inquest
Press Association, Saturday August 27 2011

Doctors are preparing to challenge the Government's decision not to order an inquest into the death of weapons expert Dr David Kelly.
In June, Attorney General Dominic Grieve ruled out the option and told MPs the evidence that Dr Kelly took his own life was "overwhelming".

But a group of doctors later accused the Government of being "complicit in a determined and concerted cover-up", saying they would seek a judicial review of Mr Grieve's decision.
They must now raise substantial funds to mount a legal challenge in court.

Dr David Halpin, a former orthopaedic surgeon who has campaigned extensively for a "proper investigation" of Dr Kelly's death, said "hundreds of questions" remain unanswered.
"The country is mired in mendacity and the only way you can deal with the mendacity is to challenge it and expose it," he said.
"Many questions have gone unanswered and many answers have gone unquestioned.
"Why has Dr Kelly not had an inquest? We have to get one and we are extremely determined - we regard it as a most important case. But this does hinge on public support."

The group needs to raise £50,000 to cover initial legal fees and lawyers must be instructed by August 30. This is to enable proceedings to begin by September 8, the legal deadline for launching a judicial review, Dr Halpin said.

Dr Kelly's body was found in woods close to his Oxfordshire home in 2003, shortly after he was revealed as the source of a BBC report questioning the accuracy of a government dossier arguing the case for war in Iraq.

Copyright (c) Press Association Ltd. 2011, All Rights Reserved

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/feedarticle/9817825
SpookdaddyOffline
Cuckoo
Total posts: 3932
PostPosted: 27-08-2011 10:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

When an article refers to numbers without actually referring to them, then I have to do a little rummaging - sorry, I just can't help it when such an obvious detail is left out.

I notice in the Mail coverage of this that three other doctors are mentioned. A couple of years ago it was a total of thirteen.

Assuming that those figures are correct, it would be interesting to know why Dr Halpin's campaign has lost so much of it's support. (I'm not being arch, by the way - it really would be interesting to find out why so many of the original number have dropped out.)
rynner2Offline
What a Cad!
PostPosted: 27-08-2011 10:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the Mail item also gives the website for donations:
http://www.inquest4drdk.co.uk/
Quote:
The doctors pleading for an inquest into Dr Kelly's death are: Chris Burns-Cox, Stephen Frost, David Halpin, and Andrew Rouse. They have recently been joined by another doctor, David Jameson Evans.
rynner2Offline
What a Cad!
PostPosted: 27-08-2011 11:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Putting my money where my mouth is, I just made a donation.

I used 'electronic transfer direct to the account', which was interesting.
As described, my bank phoned me immediately I hit confirm on the computer, and a brief and simple conversation with a robot completed the process. Quite Interesting, as Stephen Fry would say. Cool
Bigfoot73Offline
Justified and Ancient
Total posts: 1110
PostPosted: 27-08-2011 11:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Assuming that those figures are correct, it would be interesting to know why Dr Halpin's campaign has lost so much of it's support. (I'm not being arch, by the way - it really would be interesting to find out why so many of the original number have dropped out.)

Somehow one might have expect this to have become rather more of a cause celebre than it has. Where are the experts with the high media profiles, the big donors, the celebs even ? It gets good media coverage and there seems to be plenty of public support for an inquest, yet it's not going anywhere.[/quote]
rynner2Offline
What a Cad!
PostPosted: 27-08-2011 12:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spookdaddy wrote:
I notice in the Mail coverage of this that three other doctors are mentioned. A couple of years ago it was a total of thirteen.

Assuming that those figures are correct, it would be interesting to know why Dr Halpin's campaign has lost so much of it's support.

Doctors are busy people, so some may have other calls on their time now. Others may have moved abroad. If this Judicial Review means them actually spending time in court, several may not live near enough to London to make this a practical option. So they may still be 'supporters', but not able to participate in this phase of the proceedings.

Alternatively, perhaps there is some deep dark secret that has been hidden in this Kelly affair and TPTB are desperate to keep it hidden, so pressure has been brought to bear on some of the supporters... Twisted Evil
AnalisOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 953
PostPosted: 27-08-2011 13:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

As usual, they're just hoping we grow weary of the case.
jimv1Offline
Justified and Ancient
Total posts: 2991
PostPosted: 27-08-2011 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigfoot73 wrote:

Where are the experts with the high media profiles, the big donors, the celebs even ?

Who would you suggest - Quincy?
JonfairwayOffline
Justified and Ancient
PostPosted: 29-08-2011 11:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait for the next installment

where a bloke takes 19 tablets and cuts his wrist in the same place as a re-inactment just to prove its posible to die that way on live tv.
JonfairwayOffline
Justified and Ancient
PostPosted: 29-08-2011 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooo i missed a bit

while onlookers on the grassy Knoll view proceedings
rynner2Offline
What a Cad!
PostPosted: 03-11-2011 10:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

High Court judge will hear call for inquest on Dr David Kelly's death next month
By Miles Goslett
Last updated at 3:24 AM on 3rd November 2011

The death of Dr David Kelly is to be examined at the High Court next month after a senior judge ordered a special hearing as part of his review of the case.
Mr Justice Kenneth Parker is considering an application from retired West Country surgeon David Halpin to challenge the Government’s decision this summer not to hold a coroner’s inquest.

Weapons inspector Dr Kelly allegedly killed himself after being named as the prime source of a BBC report accusing Tony Blair’s government of lying to take Britain into the Iraq war.
He is believed to be the only person in modern times found dead in suspicious circumstances whose death has not been properly investigated by a coroner.

Mr Justice Parker’s order marks the first time that matters relating to the Iraq war, Dr Kelly’s death and the Blair government’s handling of both issues will have been brought before a court rather than a public inquiry.
If successful at the hearing, on December 19, Mr Halpin may eventually succeed in securing an inquest.

Two months ago, after Attorney General Dominic Grieve ruled out an inquest saying there was ‘overwhelming evidence’ Dr Kelly committed suicide, he sought permission to judicially review this decision.
More than 800 donors from around the world - hundreds of whom are Daily Mail readers - have contributed over £40,000 to a fund covering Mr Halpin’s legal fees.

Mr Halpin, 71, from Newton Abbot, Devon, told the Mail: ‘The ex-Lord Chancellor Lord Falconer chose to set up an ad hoc public inquiry, as opposed to a coroner’s inquest, into Dr Kelly’s death before his body had even cooled.
'If our laws had been observed an inquest under the Oxfordshire coroner would have taken place. Lord Falconer made sure there was no inquest, and our law and due legal process were subverted.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2056935/High-Court-judge-hear-inquest-Dr-David-Kellys-death-month.html#ixzz1cdTjJfa9
rynner2Offline
What a Cad!
PostPosted: 17-12-2011 11:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judge to hear campaigner's plea for inquest into Dr Kelly's controversial death
By Miles Goslett
Last updated at 11:58 PM on 16th December 2011

A retired surgeon campaigning for a full coroner’s inquest into the death of Dr David Kelly will have his case heard by a High Court judge on Monday.
David Halpin, 71, is seeking permission to challenge the Government’s decision in June not to order a coroner’s inquest into the controversial death.

Dr Kelly, a government weapons inspector, allegedly slashed his wrist and swallowed painkillers in an Oxfordshire wood in July 2003, after being named as the source of a BBC report accusing Tony Blair’s government of lying to take Britain into the Iraq war.

His death was the subject of a public inquiry but he is believed to be the only person in modern times found dead in suspicious circumstances in this country whose final hours have not been fully examined by a coroner.

Mr Halpin, a former trauma surgeon from Newton Abbot in Devon, said: ‘More than 800 members of the public worldwide, hundreds of them Daily Mail readers, have given about £40,000 to cover legal fees associated with this case. I am enormously grateful.
‘I first got involved with this in 2003 because as a surgeon it seemed to me medically implausible that Dr Kelly bled to death by cutting the ulnar artery in his wrist, as officially found. It would close up very quickly and little blood would be lost.’

Monday’s hearing, which is open to the public, will last two hours and marks the first time that matters relating to the Iraq war, Dr Kelly’s death and the Blair government’s handling of both issues will be before a court rather than a public inquiry.

Attorney General Dominic Grieve ruled out a coroner’s inquest six months ago, saying there was ‘overwhelming evidence’ that Dr Kelly committed suicide.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2075353/Judge-hear-campaigners-plea-inquest-Dr-Kellys-controversial-death.html#ixzz1gn0XdoeO
Bigfoot73Offline
Justified and Ancient
Total posts: 1110
PostPosted: 17-12-2011 15:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

A two hour public hearing sounds like long enough to make the irrefutable case that there should be a coroner's inquest. Probably the last chance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Conspiracy - The War on Terror All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 53 of 55

Jump to: