Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Shadow Creature?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> It Happened to Me!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous
PostPosted: 05-08-2003 22:49    Post subject: Shadow Creature? Reply with quote

I saw the weirdest thing a few weeks ago. It was about 6:30 AM and I was walking my dog (I walk him so early because I have to be in school by 7:15) and then something strange happened. My dog started barking at something, and I thought it was the pine tree a few yards away from me. So I keep walking with him, and then I see his head quickly move to facing the side of the one house, and what I saw scared the living daylights out of me...

http://www.forteantimes.com/happened/shadowcreature.shtml
SimonBurchellOffline
Room 315
Total posts: 111
PostPosted: 10-08-2003 10:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a friend who said that as a little girl at Easter she came downstairs early one morning to search for Easter eggs (which her parents apparently hid around the house) and saw a "horrible, evil black rabbit thing" sitting on a chair watching her. She fled upstairs and told her parents that the Easter Bunny was downstairs and it wasn't nice. Understandably perhaps, they told her she was dreaming and to go back to bed. My friend told me that she was sure she wasn't dreaming, and that the thing radiated malevolence. So beware the big black bunnies...
Anonymous
PostPosted: 12-08-2003 09:34    Post subject: Da Bunny gone bad Reply with quote

Related but not entirely on topic. I have a story called "The End of Easter" which involves a demonic rabbit and can be found at www.ookami.co.uk
It's in the story store.
Anonymous
PostPosted: 12-08-2003 14:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm sounds like Frank from Donnie Darko!
Very Happy
daisys1Offline
My feet, yesterday
Total posts: 41
PostPosted: 13-08-2003 08:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

"...wake up donnie..."

Wink
Anonymous
PostPosted: 13-08-2003 09:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol yeah, what a film Cool
Anonymous
PostPosted: 16-08-2003 15:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Harvey's evil twin bunny.

Sounds Keelish to me. The fact that it takes the form of something so innocuous just reinforces the sense that somethings really taking the piss out of us.
Anonymous
PostPosted: 20-08-2003 01:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could this have been one of those situations where a small animal was casting a large shadow (you say it looked like a black featureless shape). A small animal could have gone out of sight easily & quietly.

I don't know what would have caused a shadow like a giant rabbit though. A long eared bat? A short horned goat? An aardvark? A snail with long feelers crawling over an on off security light? A rabbit? (Ok I'll get my coat)
BannikOffline
It's not easy being green
Total posts: 1089
PostPosted: 27-02-2005 23:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just came across this drawing and it reminded me of this thread.
http://www.tailweaver.net/gallery/022.jpg.shtml
Anonymous
PostPosted: 01-03-2005 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are you wearing that ridiculous rabbit suit?
Anonymous
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 05:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow it is amazing on the amount of shadow people sightings. their are alot of similarities that really needs to be looked at.
AMPHIARAUS
PostPosted: 03-03-2005 08:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
com0n:
wow it is amazing on the amount of shadow people sightings. their are alot of similarities that really needs to be looked at

I agree, and they are not all corner of the eye stuff either. I have a recording of my Nephew describing an encounter lasting a couple of minutes, where a human shaped shadow figure followed him and three friend through some local woods and halfway across a field before it vanished. I recorded it the day after it happened to him and listening to it gives makes me go cold. Poor kids were really upset by it.

I've seen one up a tree at the rear of a place I used to live in (as did my dog!) but it was only briefly so its open to being dismissed as the mind making something out of a blur etc.
Anonymous
PostPosted: 06-03-2005 04:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMPHIARAUS i would love a copy of that recording plzzz. if you can make it into a wav on a computer i would really love to hear it!!
Anonymous
PostPosted: 06-03-2005 05:13    Post subject: Shadow creatures! Reply with quote

im amazed at the amound of shadow creatures being reported. i have decided to take a personal interest in this phenemona and will be posting pictures of these creatures that people from all around the world have taking.
forteanajones
PostPosted: 06-03-2005 05:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see Bannik's photo (404).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> It Happened to Me! All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: