Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Worlds Dumbest Criminals
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> The Human Condition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_schnorOffline
Stand back boy!
Total posts: 1000
PostPosted: 08-08-2002 09:18    Post subject: Worlds Dumbest Criminals Reply with quote

Quote:
A Cheltenham woman who had her debit card stolen was dubbed the 'happiest victim of theft ever' after the thief used her card to bet on two horse races.

The horses romped home and the winnings were placed by Ladbrokes directly into her account. Debit card owner Jacqueline Boanson checked her bank statement upon finding her card was stolen, and discovered that the balance had increased by £291.40.

The thief Andrew Cameron ended up in court. He was placed on probation for 12 months.

Full story here Very Happy
kiel_dOffline
Exponent of Dimac
Total posts: 124
PostPosted: 08-08-2002 10:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

he..he..he

I like that story. It's not everyday the silver linings are bigger than the clouds. Smile

--kiel--
Anonymous
PostPosted: 08-08-2002 10:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that's justice!! Very Happy
Anonymous
PostPosted: 14-08-2002 09:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only life were always like that!
Anonymous
PostPosted: 14-08-2002 15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

That opens up some interesting questions, is she a victim or an accomplice? is she profiting from a crime? what crime has the culprit commited if he has not gained from it.
Anonymous
PostPosted: 14-08-2002 15:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

The crime committed was stealing her debit card. It doesn't matter if he profited from it, the intent was still there to permanently deprive her of her belongings (and cash)
And the bookmakers said that, although they were entitled to take the winnings back, they didn't think it was appropriate in this case.
Anonymous
PostPosted: 14-08-2002 18:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lecky Mouse wrote:

That opens up some interesting questions, is she a victim or an accomplice? is she profiting from a crime? what crime has the culprit commited if he has not gained from it.

If I walk out into the street and shove a screwdriver up someone's nose, I won't gain anything, but it'll still be assault.
ogopogo3Offline
Just a CabbageHead
Total posts: 1377
PostPosted: 09-09-2002 19:35    Post subject: Moriarty lives Reply with quote

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=583&ncid=583&e=1&u=/nm/20020909/od_nm/robber_dc

D'oh! There's One Tiny Flaw in This Plan...
Mon Sep 9,10:16 AM ET

STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - Swedish police must wish all criminals were as naive as the Halmstad robber.

The 47-year-old man walked into the post office of the small town in southern Sweden, told the cashier he was armed and demanded a bag of cash -- plus 350 million crowns ($37.2 million) to be paid into his bank account, whose number he handed her on a piece of paper.

Police had no trouble tracking him down and made a speedy arrest, the Swedish news agency TT reported Monday.
Anonymous
PostPosted: 13-09-2002 22:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it were my bank it would have taken them a week to get them to track the account down...

Hmmm... I sense a cunning plan coming together...
Anonymous
PostPosted: 25-09-2002 15:27    Post subject: "Special" biscuits Reply with quote

http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/West/09/25/offbeat.fastfood.pot.ap/index.html

MILL VALLEY, California (AP) -- An employee at a fast food place was arrested after a customer at the drive-thru window received the wrong side order with his chicken dinner -- some pot.

The customer who visited a KFC in this San Francisco suburb Friday got two bags of marijuana, instead of the extra biscuits he had ordered. He gave the pot back to the worker, got his biscuits and called police.

Police arrested Carlos Ayala, 26, at the restaurant. The sheriff's office and the restaurant's management company did not immediately return calls Tuesday seeking further details.

Deputies said Ayala was carrying a small amount of marijuana, a handgun and about $500.

Ayala often worked the drive-up window, and authorities say he may have been selling marijuana to customers who used the right secret word as a code.
Anonymous
PostPosted: 01-07-2003 00:49    Post subject: Dumbass Criminals Reply with quote

Post your examples here:

Today -

A burglar who was stuck head-first for six hours after trying to get into a pub through a metal shaft has escaped a jail sentence.

Drug addict David Gardner was only rescued when an early-morning delivery man heard shouting from somewhere around the pub and tracked the voice down to the ventilation shaft.

Firemen then had to winch him clear in a delicate operation but no sooner had he been freed than he was arrested by police on suspicion of burglary.

Newcastle Magistrates Court today heard how the 28-year-old climbed on to the roof of the Twin Farms pub, in Newcastle and lowered himself down the shaft.

Gardner, a heroin addict, of Newbiggin Hall, Newcastle, who had been drinking at the pub before the attempt to burgle it, in March this year, had admitted burglary with intent at an earlier hearing.

Today, after magistrates read reports, Gardner's solicitor Peter Docherty made no plea in mitigation.

At the previous hearing, Mr Docherty had told magistrates: "I think he must have been watching Bruce Willis in Die Hard to think he could get into the building through a ventilation shaft, commit a burglary and then actually get away with it.

"It was a thoroughly incompetent attempt at burglary - how did he think he was going to succeed?".

Gardner has been given a 12-month Drug Treatment and Testing Order and warned he faces prison if he does not comply with it.

The court had heard that in the 40-minute process of being pulled back up the 2ft-wide shaft, 6ft-tall Gardner lost the skin off his knuckles and other parts of his body.

Source and excellent piccies of firemen extracting this dickhead from the shaft here.
filceeOffline
Beer Monkey
Total posts: 521
PostPosted: 01-07-2003 07:53    Post subject: Re: Dumbass Criminals Reply with quote

Dark Detective wrote:

The court had heard that in the 40-minute process of being pulled back up the 2ft-wide shaft, 6ft-tall Gardner lost the skin off his knuckles and other parts of his body.

Source and excellent piccies of firemen extracting this dickhead from the shaft here.

Maybe not so dumb, he'll probably sue the pub landlord for emotional trauma and having an unsafe working environment, and the fire service for assault and causing actual bodily harm as they pulled him out...roll eyes (sarcastic)
floyd23a1Offline
Waiting for Friday
Total posts: 102
PostPosted: 07-07-2003 17:03    Post subject: Re: Re: Dumbass Criminals Reply with quote

Filcee wrote:

Maybe not so dumb, he'll probably sue the pub landlord for emotional trauma and having an unsafe working environment, and the fire service for assault and causing actual bodily harm as they pulled him out...roll eyes (sarcastic)

shhh!

Don't give him ideas! :p
Anonymous
PostPosted: 07-07-2003 17:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a head in hands smilie.

I despair for the future of the human race, I really do.

Surely this is the best argument for compulsory sterilisation? I know I'm a wishy-washy Guardian reading leftie but this man must not breed!

Ever.
floyd23a1Offline
Waiting for Friday
Total posts: 102
PostPosted: 07-07-2003 17:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emperor Zombie wrote:

the car thieves in my street have been trying to steal the same 10 yr old metro now for nearly a year.

They're stoopid, but they sure are determined, I'll give them that.roll eyes (sarcastic)

This reminds of a story I was told (probable UL) of a chap who was so fed up of his car being broken into he resorted to putting a note on his dashboard saying "There is nothing left in this car to steal".

The next morning he found his car window smashed again and an addition to his note saying "Just checking"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> The Human Condition All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 1 of 44

Jump to: