Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Miscellaneous ghost photos and videos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Ghosts - general
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drbatesOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 542
PostPosted: 14-08-2014 20:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

That picture is all over the place.

Kids and things (and the ghost) look like they have had some sort of artistic filter applied, whereas the man on the chair is so sharp he looks pasted on. Then his chair and the kids dont seem to have the same lean as the telegraph poles.

The whole thing looks like a collage.
kmosselOffline
Give in
Total posts: 104
PostPosted: 22-09-2014 06:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're not entirely succeeding in striking the tongue-in-cheek tone they're seemingly going for, but at the very least it's interesting that the spontaneous shattering of the glass door is caught on CCTV.

Quote:
See the spooky CCTV footage as a glass cabinet door shatters into a thousand pieces - did a spirit just bump its head?

This creepy video shows a glass cabinet door shatter into thousands of tiny pieces in an empty auction house.

Nobody was around when the ghostly action kicked-off at Barnsley Auction Centre, South Yorkshire.

But CCTV cameras captured the spooky moment a glass cabinet door left open suddenly smashed, sending tiny pieces of glass flying across the room.

There is clearly nobody in the room that could have caused it, but in a freeze frame just before the shattering, floating blue orbs seem to appear on screen.

The resident ghosts didn't even wait until nightfall to start their ghoulish behaviour, with the camera showing the action happened at 4.42pm in the afternoon.

And we thought it was only in the night when things went bump? Not in Barnsley, clearly.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/watch-chilling-moment-ghost-smashes-4285860

Last edited by kmossel on 22-09-2014 16:17; edited 1 time in total
rynner2Online
What a Cad!
Total posts: 26584
PostPosted: 22-09-2014 07:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmossel wrote:
They're not entirely succeeding in striking the tongue-in-cheek tone they're seemingly going for, but at the very least it's interesting that the spontaneous shattering of the glass door is caught on CCTV.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/watch-chilling-moment-ghost-smashes-4285860

The URL wasn't found because you left an unquote tag on the end.
I sorted that by putting in a space, as above, and now the page loads, but not the video! (Might just be my browser, I suppose...)
Hogarth999Offline
Great Old One
Total posts: 160
PostPosted: 22-09-2014 08:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the vid on youTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_5yNcxig6M

Assuming that it didn't shatter due to human intervention (ie hoax) I'm guessing that a long-standing stress fracture in the glass (or similar such as Thermal stress) caused the shattering.

and this is worth a read:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spontaneous_glass_breakage

Addendum: somewhat coincidentally this store is new, so no doubt this 'incident' will help to drum up some extra business ...
kmosselOffline
Give in
Total posts: 104
PostPosted: 22-09-2014 16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, thanks, Rynner. I fixed the link in my original post, too.
sherbetbizarreOffline
Justified and Ancient
Total posts: 1822
PostPosted: 27-09-2014 10:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ghost caught on camera at Espanola police station, officer says

On Saturday Officer Karl Romero was keeping an eye on surveillance cameras around the station when he spotted something in the sally port. A sally port is a controlled gate or passage in a fortified place.

Romero said what he saw looked like a ghost walking across the lot, right through cages and a gate.

He reported it to his supervisors.

Detectives said there is no way in or out of the secured area without the gates opening and an alarm sounding. Police said they hear strange noises and see unexplained images in the lobby of the building, too.

Action 7 News asked Detective Solomon Romero if he thought the image was a ghost.

“I do believe in ghosts -- I don’t know (what exactly was on the video), but we’ve had some unsolved murders in the area,” Romero said.

Police said as far as they know the building is not on a burial ground and no inmates have ever died at the police station.

http://www.koat.com/news/ghost-caught-on-camera-at-espanola-police-station-officer-says/28236272
eburacumOffline
Papo-Furado
Total posts: 1720
PostPosted: 28-09-2014 15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is no-one else thinking 'spider'?
MoookstaOffline
Muppet
Total posts: 1789
PostPosted: 29-09-2014 11:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

eburacum wrote:
Is no-one else thinking 'spider'?

To be honest I was thinking indistinguishable white blob....but spider works for me too.
SameOldVardoger
Justified and Ancient
PostPosted: 04-10-2014 14:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghost caught on street cam in New Orleans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rVFmJy3su8
gncxxOffline
King-Size Canary
Total posts: 13231
PostPosted: 04-10-2014 20:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many artefacts on that it looks like a technical hitch, don't ask me what, though. I'm not sure the chap in the hat really is looking at the "figure".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Ghosts - general All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: