Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Soviet Saucers
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Ufology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous
PostPosted: 20-08-2001 21:52    Post subject: Soviet Saucers Reply with quote

A while back, ITV broadcast a show (hosted by Roger Moore in Moscow) about Russian UFOs. This show had long sections of colour footage of a crashed UFO in the snow from the '50s or '60s, surrounded by soldiers. You saw them crawl all over it, army cameramen in shot, all sorts of stuff. Various "professional" analysts were interviewed claiming that the footage couldn't be a modern fake.

As I've never seen any reference to this anywhere else, I presume it was a hoax. Any info?

Thanks (it's been bugging me for ages).
lucydruOffline
Been, left, might be back again.
Total posts: 453
PostPosted: 20-08-2001 22:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen that programme and I am totally stumped. The footage was of a ufo that had crashed at the edge of some woods and was embeded into the ground. If it was a fake then it was a good one.

That show (or one with Roger Moore on the same subject) had a film of a so called alien autopsy. Although there wasn't much alien there a lot of it was missing (possibly destroyed in a crash landing, if it was real). It wasn't grey but green and out of all alien autopsy footage this looked more real than the rest.

lucydru
JamesWhiteheadOffline
Piffle Prospector
Total posts: 5726
PostPosted: 21-08-2001 15:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waving a bit of the green stuff around in Russia will
get you more or less any footage you care to specify.

A job lot of army great coats? Very cheap. A troop of real
soldiers? Even cheaper.

The most expensive thing in the show was Roger Moore, I
bet.

In its favour, the footage was dull enough to have an air
of authenticity. So dull, in fact that it was hard to see why the
camera was running at all. A lot of shots of soldiers hanging
around looking bored. Sad

Even so, the whole film was a masterpiece compared with the
recently repeated Channel Five film on Ghosts in Prague!

That was absolutely the worst film on the supernatural I have
ever seen. Surprised
Anonymous
PostPosted: 17-01-2002 17:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, it seems to be a hoax Sad

There's an in depth dissing of it here .

I saw it too.
Anonymous
PostPosted: 17-01-2002 18:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I've checked the link - if it is a hoax I'm curious as to how it came about - these things cost money!
ogopogo3Offline
Just a CabbageHead
Total posts: 1377
PostPosted: 18-09-2002 22:54    Post subject: Chernobyl UFO Reply with quote

http://english.pravda.ru/main/2002/09/16/36691.html

UFO PREVENTS BLAST AT CHERNOBYL NUCLEAR PLANT

Eyewitnesses say that they saw a UFO hovering above the exploded reactor

Sixteen years have passed since the disaster at the Chernobyl nuclear plant on April 26, 1986. The explosion happened at 1:23 a.m. Tons of radioactive products were emitted into the atmosphere. The machine shop of the plant was gripped with fire, and the fire was about to move on to the third power-generating unit of the plant. Firemen managed to extinguish the fire several hours later. Many of them died later of radiation exposure.

Much has been written about the Chernobyl disaster, both in Russia and abroad. It seems that the physical nature of the tragedy has determined, as well as the people who were responsible for it. The fourth power-generating unit was supposed to be repaired. Yet, before shutting it down, the administration of the plant decided to perform several experiments. Steam delivery was cut to one of the turbogenerators in order to discover the period of time that electric power would still be generated due to the rotation of the rotor. The experiment was not well-organized. There was another test conducted simultaneously: the study of turbine vibration.

They started decreasing the capacity of the generating unit at 1 a.m. on April 25. The emergency cooling system of the reactor was shut down at 2 p.m. This was supposed to stop the reactor.

However, the Kievenergo energy company did not know anything about these tests. An energy control officer did not allow the fourth generating unit of the plant to be stopped. These were the prerequisites of the tragedy. Many people are still suffering.

The explosion was very large, but, luckily, it was a thermal blast. The fourth power generating unit was basically destroyed by overheated steam. There was no nuclear explosion. Roughly 180 tons of enriched uranium were in the reactor. If a large blast had happened, half of Europe would not currently be depicted on any maps.

There are many theories to explain such luck. One of the theories is that there was help from an Unidentified Flying Object. When troublesome events started to occur, some people saw a spaceship hovering above the fourth generating unit of the Chernobyl plant. Eyewitnesses say that an UFO was there for six hours and that hundreds of people saw it. People started writing about it only two years after the catastrophe. Of course, such information appeared in magazines on ufology. As it is generally believed, serious people don’t read such magazines and journals.

Here is what Mikhail Varitsky had to say: “I and other people from my team went to the site of the blast at night. We saw a ball of fire, and it was slowly flying in the sky. I think the ball was six or eight meters in diameter. Then, we saw two rays of crimson light stretching towards the fourth unit. The object was some 300 meters from the reactor. The event lasted for about three minutes. The lights of the object went out and it flew away in the northwestern direction.”

The UFO brought the radiation level down. The level was decreased almost four times. This probably prevented a nuclear blast.

Three years later (on September 16, 1989), the fourth power-generating unit emitted radiation into the atmosphere. Several hours later, a doctor saw an object in the sky above the Chernobyl plant. Doctor Gospina described it as “amber-like.” She said she could see the top and the bottom of it as well.

In October of 1990, a reporter from the newspaper the Echo of Chernobyl , V. Navran, was photographing the machine shop of the Chernobyl plant. “I photographed the top of it, includomg a part of the hole above. I remember everything very well; I did not see any UFO. However, when I developed the film, I clearly saw an object that was hovering above the hole in the roof.” The object looked like the one doctor Gospina saw.

It seems that aliens are not worried with the fate of humanity. They are basically worried about the planets environment.
rynner
PostPosted: 19-09-2002 06:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

UFOs as Superheroes, eh? If so, why didn't they get there sooner, and prevent any mess?

Or perhaps we have a time travel scenario - in some reality, Europe was wiped out, so 'they' decided to travel back in time and prevent it, but didn't quite get their timing right (in our reality, that is - maybe they did elsewhere/when... the possibilities are endless!)

Putting a sceptical hat on now, perhaps the UFO was the glow of the molten reactor shining like a searchlight on a layer of cloud? Or perhaps the levels of radiation (only experienced before by atom bomb victims) somehow altered people's perceptions of reality? Again, the possibilities are endless.

The fact that these stories only came out years afterwards goes against their trustworthiness, although at the time the USSR was still a secretive state, and only the official party line was acceptable. Chernobyl was probably one of the key events that accelerated glasnost and the eventual collapse of communism.

Incidentally, there was another very serious nuclear accident in Russia some years before, which was fairly successfully covered up. It only became apparent years later when Western scientists noticed a stream of scientific papers in Russian publications on the effects of radiation on wildlife and other natural features, all in a particular geographical area. I'll see if I can find time to dig out some links.
Mike_Pratt33Offline
Wise Old Bird
Total posts: 624
PostPosted: 19-09-2002 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

The russians dropped sand onto the reactor from a helicopter. I expect this is what was seen.
Anonymous
PostPosted: 19-09-2002 13:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

rynner wrote:

Incidentally, there was another very serious nuclear accident in Russia some years before, which was fairly successfully covered up. It only became apparent years later when Western scientists noticed a stream of scientific papers in Russian publications on the effects of radiation on wildlife and other natural features, all in a particular geographical area. I'll see if I can find time to dig out some links.

I seem to recall that being mentioned recently on TV. Being on the History Channel it wasn't very in-depth.
SoundDust
Milkshake Holy Grail (Mediocre Old One)
PostPosted: 19-09-2002 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chelyabinsk

Quote:
The people of the Chelyabinsk Region have suffered no less than three nuclear disasters:
For over six years, the Mayak complex systematically dumped radioactive waste into the Techa River, the only source of water for the 24 villages which lined its banks. The four largest of those villages were never evacuated, and only recently have the authorities revealed to the population why they strung barbed wire along the banks of the river some 35 years ago. Today, as a result of Kyshtym-57's (a local environmental group lead by Louisa Korzhova) fight for radiation victims, a new law was introduced which allows residents of Muslyumovo to resettle themselves elsewhere. Unfortunately, the new law is limited only to one village
KeyserXSozeOffline
King of Otters
Total posts: 945
PostPosted: 22-02-2004 14:37    Post subject: Russian 'Alien'? Reply with quote

http://english.pravda.ru/science/19/94/378/12092_alien.html

(Image on the site)

Quote:
Extraterrestrial visitor in Russian province - 02/18/2004 21:04

Research of the clothes alien Aleshenka (found in the Ural region) was wrapped in, revealed that this creature has nothing in common with human being, it is an alien, Moscow expert on UFOs Vadim Chernobrov said in interview to Chelyabinsk media.

This sensation goes back to 1996 to village Kaolinovy near the provincial town of Kyshtym in Chelyabinsk region.

On August 13, 1996 pensioner Tamara Vasilievna Prosvirina went to the village cemetery. Poor old lady suffered from psychiatric disease, and her perception of the surrounding world was weird. She used to gather flowers from the graves and decorated her room with these flowers almost every day.

In the evening the woman had supper and went to bed. Suddenly strange ?voice¦ aroused in her brain. It requested Tamara Vasilievna to go to the cemetery again. The lady got dressed, took her torch and went out.

Huge eyes were staring at her out of the closest grave mound. The pensioner approached the grave and saw a strange creature about 25 centimeters in height. This was not a human being.

Tiny onion-shaped head looked like it was composed of five petals. The little creature had no ears, huge slanting catlike eyes occupied the biggest part of its face. The creature could not talk, but it started whistling quietly to attract the lady-s attention. Probably in this manner the alien was communicating in its planet.

The pensioner took the creature to her place. At home she started examining the alien. The body of Aleshenka (the diminutive name she gave to the creature) was plump and was swaying like jelly. The skin on the body was gray and with dark spots in brown on the head. No hair, small holes instead of ears. Small flat nose enabled the creature to breath.

Dark-gray eyes. No eye-lids. The vertical pupils of the eyes were constantly narrowing and expanding.

Long fingers had small sharp claws. No genitals revealing creature-s sex. The creature had no navel which all mammals have.

The woman could not figure out how to feed Aleshenka. Its mouth resembled a tiny hole and had no lips, but it could stretch itself widely. The alien had a complete set of teeth, but too small lower jaw and huge scarlet tongue occupying almost all the mouth cavity disturbed chewing process for it. Tamara Vasilievna put a caramel candy into the creature-s mouth, and the alien started sucking the candy. The lady was gave Aleshenka some milk and water with a tea-spoon.

Moist sweat appeared onto the alien-s body after eating. Aleshenka started disseminating sweet smell soaking clothes and furniture. Tamara Vasilieva wiped Aleshenka with a rag from time to time. The creature was lying and did not move most of the time. From time to time it started stretching its legs.

The next day all the villagers heard of the news: the woman was telling everybody that she got a child and his name is Aleshenka Cute. At first many people thought the child just seemed to Tamara Vasilievna resulting from her disease. However, one day the pensioner-s daughter-in-law (also named Tamara) came to her place. After sitting and talking in the kitchen for a while, the old lady said it was time to feed her child. Her daughter-in-law followed the lady into another room and saw the weird creature wrapped into swaddling band.

Both the daughter-in-law and her mother saw the creature, but they did not report the police about it. They say if Aleshenka was a human child, they would report the police. The creature was not a human being, consequently it was an animal, and there is no reason to report anywhere about it. ?Let it be Tamara Vasilievna-s pet. She will take care of it, and she will have something to do¦, the women decided.

However, a neighbor reported about Tamara Vasilievna to psychiatrists, and one day ambulance came and took the woman to psychiatric hospital. Tamara Vasilievna tried to explain that she left a child in the house, but the doctors did not take her words seriously. The lady-s relatives were not aware of her being taken to hospital, and therefore there was nobody to feed the creature. Soon it died of thirst and hunger. After the alien-s death, its body started drying out and becoming mummified.

Only one person, Vladimir Nurdinov remembered about the creature. He used to come to Tamara Vasilievna-s place, and saw Aleshenka. After hearing that the lady was taken to hospital, the man came to her apartment to take Aleshenka to his house. He was too late, Aleshenka was dead. Dry mummy was lying in bed.

Nurdinov took the mummy to his place. He did not know what to do with it. Soon the police came to the man-s apartment v he was suspected of stealing power cable in Novogorny village. The policemen decided this was the mummy of a child and took it for expertise.

However, doctors claimed the mummified creature has minimum 20 features distinguishing it from a human being. Medical experts rejected the idea that Aleshenka could be a mutant child. During the second expertise, some doctors had this version. The town of Kyshtym is situated in the area contaminated after the accident at the secret object in Chelyabinsk-40 town in 1957. After the accident, freaks are born in the area from time to time.

After taking the body from the expertise, the police investigator started researching the version of extraterrestrial visitor in his unofficial investigation v his bosses prohibited him from ?doing nonsense¦.

The investigator decided to ask UFO expert organization called ?Star Academy UFO-Contact in Zolotov Method¦. The Academy was 200 kilometers away, in the town of Kamensk-Uralsky of Sverdlovsk region.

Organization Head Galina Semenkova took the mummified body to conduct its astral expertise. After that the investigator was unable to contact her: the woman-s relatives responded to the phone calls that she ?went shopping¦, ?went for a walk¦ or ?is away on a trip¦. Only recently Galina Semenkova said at the seminar on UFOs in Tokyo what had happened to Aleshenka remains. According to Semenkova, when she was carrying the mummy from Kyshtym to her town, flying saucer appeared in the sky. Her vehicle engine stopped working. Aliens from the flying saucer demanded the body of their dead fellow, and the woman gave them the body immediately.

The detective story of the little alien continued. Japanese TV crew phoned Tamara Vasilievna-s relatives. The Japanese were working on a documentary about Aleshenka and wanted to interview the lady. However, just several days before the Japanese TV crew arrival, tragedy happened. Late at night on August 5, 1999 Tamara Vasilievna somehow showed up on the highway. The psychiatric hospital patient was absolutely naked, the only garment the woman was wearing were socks. Eye-witnesses say it looked like the woman was reacting to somebody-s call. People wanted to take the woman off the highway, but were too late: two vehicles ran into the place where the poor sick lady was standing and caused her instant death.

In 1997 the announcement was posted in the Internet on sale of the mummy of extraterrestrial visitor found in Russia. What is this? Is somebody selling fake mummy of the well-known alien? Maybe no aliens took the mummy to their planet? Probably both the statements are correct. Selling fake mummies of Aleshenka became profitable business. Aliens from Alfa-Centaurus did not stop the woman's vehicle. The mummy is likely to be under the research in some special services laboratory, or just destroyed because of careless treatment. Aleshenka-s remains may also be in the collection of some rich man fond of UFOs.

Aleshenka-s story is still in progress. Japanese decided to sponsor erecting the monument to the alien. Ordinary Japanese donated money for the monument after seeing the documentary ?Traces of alien Aleshenka¦ by Asahi TV company.

Mighty_EmperorOffline
Divine Wind
Total posts: 19440
PostPosted: 22-02-2004 14:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted towards the end of this thread:

www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6158

Emps

[edit: Updating link]

Last edited by Mighty_Emperor on 24-06-2006 01:37; edited 1 time in total
KeyserXSozeOffline
King of Otters
Total posts: 945
PostPosted: 22-02-2004 14:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it not okay for same topic to cover two threads, sometimes? Are you Mod (genuine question)?confused
MythopoeikaOffline
Total posts: 9678
PostPosted: 22-02-2004 23:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pravda. Nuff said.
scotmedia
Pining for the Fjords
PostPosted: 23-02-2004 02:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an old item I'm aware of and which appeared as a
somewhat different story!

See the 'Georgian Ufological Association' [GUFOA] web
site, at:

http://www.gufoa.ge/english.html

Click on, 'Old women found Live ET!'

There are over 20 stills, allegedly taken from a related
video, which can be enlarged.

I never heard of the video being published and have duly
written to GUFOA, asking what happened to it and if a
copy is available.

James Easton.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Ufology All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: