Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
My Story
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> It Happened to Me!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amarok2005Offline
Great Old One
Total posts: 222
PostPosted: 03-07-2014 03:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just mentioned this story on another thread, and before I lose it again I'm bringing it up to the top.

The item that haunted me most was the "mummy song" on the radio that seemed to be related to the haunting. It seemed to imply that a ghost could not merely speak through electronic media a la phone calls from the dead, but that it could sing a weird-@$$ song (with music?) and otherwise imitate a radio broadcast!

To demonstrate how much this story stuck with me: Years later I was driving in a semi-rural area at night. I think it was near Halloween, though I can't be sure. Anyway, I was receiving stations I couldn't normally during the day, as happens with radios at night. One of the blurry broadcasts that temporarily came into clarity was -- you guessed it -- a song about a mummy planning to come and get you and do all sorts of nasty things!

The first thing I thought of, driving along in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night, was "Queek"'s story! I weaved around like a lunatic trying to keep the station in focus, but it faded into static before I could hear the end of the song or find out what station it was or where. I don't even recall where it was on the dial, though I can't believe I didn't try to memorize that.
RyoHazukiOffline
Yeti
Total posts: 79
PostPosted: 03-07-2014 20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure it wasn't "Mommy Can I Go Out & Kill Tonight" by The Misfits? Wink
XEPER_Offline
Yeti
Total posts: 39
PostPosted: 04-07-2014 12:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1fPVoQH50c ??? Twisted Evil
Bulldog1Offline
Grey
Total posts: 28
PostPosted: 08-07-2014 02:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a strange thing happen to me just over a year ago.
I was working for a law firm and I had been to see a friend out in the country one sunday afternoon. She'd fed me lovely home-cooked vege soup and we'd had a couple of wines so I was really relaxed.

I drove home and, not having to think about dinner I hopped onto the sofa and flicked on the telly. Before I had even had time to focus on the screen I had a weird sensation of coming to an abrupt stop - almost like slamming into a wall. Along with this sensation I heard the words 'the end; no more; full stop'.

On Tuesday at work I was given a letter advising that my position was being made redundant....
monopsOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 247
PostPosted: 08-07-2014 14:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bulldog, that's really interesting!

If it had just been the sensation of coming to an abrupt stop, I'd have said that you were nice and relaxed and started to doze off, and were woken by a myoclonic jerk, and that being given your cards was a coincidence.

With the words you heard, though - not so sure... Question
Bulldog1Offline
Grey
Total posts: 28
PostPosted: 09-07-2014 00:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has happened to me before. I welcome it although I don't always get the immediate meaning.....
rynner2Online
What a Cad!
Total posts: 26263
PostPosted: 09-07-2014 07:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that myoclonic jerk hangs around my place too. He usually wakes me when I've nodded off during Bargain Hunt, but never in time for me to realise which item just sold at auction for three times its estimate!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> It Happened to Me! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: