Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Dreams that have come true
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> It Happened to Me!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous
PostPosted: 29-01-2004 18:27    Post subject: Dreams That Come True Reply with quote

I had a few weird episodes happen to me where something I dreamed came true the next day. The first two I can rationalize, the last one is confounding.

One night I dreamed my dog was writhing, shaking with spasms and foaming at the mouth. I clearly remembered the dream when I awoke, shrugged it off and got on with my morning. It wasn’t long after when I was shocked to see my previously healthy dog do the very thing in my dream. I took him to the vet and as it turned out, he was very ill and within days had to be euthanized. Considering he slept at the foot of my bed, it's possible that he was having convulsions while I was sleeping and I was subconsciously aware of them, thus entering into my dreams.

Years later, I had pet gerbils. I dreamed one of my gerbils died and sure enough, the following day one died. It appeared healthy until then. Ok, that dream could have been just a coincidence.

But the following dream I am about to relate is too detailed to be attributed to coincidence. At the time, I worked outdoors in the nursery of a garden center. I dreamed that I was at work and heard the sound of a cat pitifully mewing. I told my coworker that I heard a cat crying and we traced the sound to a car parked nearby. My coworker went to the car, knelt down next to it, reached up into the wheel well and pulled out a little grey kitten. And so the dream ended.

I went to work the following morning and told my coworker about my dream. Later that morning, he and I were outdoors in the nursery when we heard a cat mewing and followed the sound to a car parked nearby. As in my dream, he knelt down, reached up into the wheel well and pulled out a little grey kitten. I have no way to rationalize this dream!
Anonymous
PostPosted: 30-01-2004 06:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an interesting story - I too had one instance of seemingly pre cog dreaming when i was about 16.
One night during college i dreamt i was walking my dog through the park when i came across a guy i'd know about two years previously from secondary school. i'd not seen or really thought of him since, prior to the dream. Anyway in my dream we chatted for a while and caught up on stuff. The most noticable difference was that he'd cropped his previously long hair and dyed it very bright yellow (think johnny rotten-esque). I commented on this in the dream, then he said "yes my fiance likes it too" and showed me the engagement ring on his finger. I congratulated him and we said our goodbyes and i got on my way. This was the end of the dream as far as i can remember.
As it was especially vivid, and quite amusing, i recounted the dream to a friend on the bus into college the following morning.
Then come the wierd bit that has kind of freaked me out since. Later that morning, on a visit to the area, this guy in the dream comes back into college to say hi to everyone he knew! No one had seen or heard of him since he'd moved away two years previously. But, you guessed it, he'd cut his hair to a crop, dyed it yellow AND just got engaged. He showed us the ring just like in the dream, although I don't recall enough of the dreams detail to honestly say the ring was the same or not. But in every way the experience was like a deja vu replay. I couldn't believe what was happening. The only difference was the location, being the college, rather than the park. Most of the conversation was pretty much identical, except with others present. It was like reliving something on a loop.
Of course because my friend on the bus was the only person I'd related the dream to all my other friends thought I was making it up. Even he suspected it was a set up I'd planned in advance with this guy. But I genuinely had the dream. I hadn't seen this guy in two years. It has puzzled me since.
I've never had aany other dreams that have predicted something so i don't think they'll be sticking electrodes on my head and dumping me in a pre cog pool naked yet, but this was definitely a strange thing that i've never been able to rationalize.
_Gnomey_Offline
Master of the Interweb
Total posts: 95
PostPosted: 30-01-2004 10:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mum has once had a dream come true. In her dream, she was visiting her friend, and as she was walking through the front garden up to the door, she noticed a mound of sand and construction equipment. When she got inside and met her firend, her friend was clearly pregnant. The next day she got a phone call from her friend telling her that she was pregnant. But it didn't end there. A month or so later, her friend was having and addition to her house built. When my mum went to visit her, it was exactly as it was in her dream. The yard was filled with construction materials and her friend was pregnant.
She's had a few other minor psychic experiences too.
Anonymous
PostPosted: 30-01-2004 20:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've dreamed Formula One Grand Prixs before. Even down to wheels coming off, the results, and a specific driver in a specific car crashing. And I've dreamed things about letters arriving out of the blue to members of my family. Nothing terribly exciting though.
Anonymous
PostPosted: 11-10-2004 13:23    Post subject: Dreams that have come true Reply with quote

Has anyone had any dreams that have actually happened?

I've had a few inconsequential dreams that have happened. There are a couple that I really remember because they were so vivid and slightly odd too.

I was sitting in the college canteen at a particular table, chatting to a guy that I had only ever spoken to twice, and on those occasions whilst sitting at different tables. As we were chatting, he said, "there's Jill", (Jill was one of our lecturers), so I turned, saw a girl wearing jeans with long blonde hair walk though the canteen and out through the door, and then spotted Jill, pottering along with arms over-loaded with bags and books. I thought, "shall I call out 'hello' to her, then decided against it as she was slightly deaf and I didn't want to embarrass myself. So instead I turned back to the guy and and carried on chatting.
I remember waking up from it thinking how odd it was, because it was so dull and uninteresting, and why was I sitting with this guy?

Anyway, a couple of days later I was sitting in the canteen with the same guy, just because he happened to sit down in order to say hello. We were chatting away and suddenly, the guy said, "There's Jill", and it was as though my dream were being replayed before my very eyes. Every detail was identical to the dream, including my thoughts on calling out 'hello'. VERY bizarre.

All of the other dreams have been equally mundane, but have struck me as a kind of enormous dejavu.

However, possibly the strangest was a dream I had when I was 12. I dreampt that I was studying for A-Levels at an infant school, and I came out of a class-room, turned to close the door, which was Royal Blue, and then turned back to a friend who had black hair. It was odd ebcuase I wasn't planning on doing A-Levels, my plan was just to beocme an actress.

Anyway, when I was 18, I came out of an A-Level lecture, turned to close the door and had, as previously described, the most intense dejavu, and then it hit me that I had dreamed this. The building was an old infant school, the door was blue and the girl I was with had black hair.

VERY odd...

Most of these true dreams were either dreamt or reinacted while I was attending that particular college.
Anonymous
PostPosted: 11-10-2004 13:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must confess that whilst I've never had a dream come true, my dreams do follow a rather bizarre pattern.
They tend to take place in a particular town. This town does not exist anywhere but in my head. It has particular landmarks, shops and features such as woods and rivers nearby. Their location in reference to each other never changes and I have had many, many dreams set within this town. I do not know it's name and I have never been there, however I think it may be made up from parts of places that I know, yet are subtly different. I find it very odd that these distinct features should re-occur so many times and always unchanged.
I'm sorry that this is not quite an exact follow on from your post but I thought it sufficiently linked as to be interesting.

Take care y'all,

Nick. Smile
Anonymous
PostPosted: 11-10-2004 13:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe one day you'll stumble across this town....
Anonymous
PostPosted: 11-10-2004 13:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a dream the other night that I was having a torrid affair with Kelly Holmes.

I've never really thought about the double Gold-medallist that way before, but in the dream I was *so* into her, and it was awesome!

So maybe Kelly will set her sights on a podgy IT geek from Croydon. What better way to cap her outstanding year?!
elffriendOffline
Radix lecti
Total posts: 829
PostPosted: 11-10-2004 14:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conners wrote:

I had a dream the other night that I was having a torrid affair with Kelly Holmes.

I've never really thought about the double Gold-medallist that way before, but in the dream I was *so* into her, and it was awesome!

So maybe Kelly will set her sights on a podgy IT geek from Croydon. What better way to cap her outstanding year?!

Ah....yes....that would be quite an achievment Connors Very Happy
Anonymous
PostPosted: 11-10-2004 15:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! New girl here! Hope you don't mind me just crashing in like this, but I wanted to share my weird dream experience.

I dreamt I was sitting in the work canteen, chatting to my friend, Cheryl. She was telling me that she was pregnant, & was incredibly happy about it. It was incredibly vivid, I can still remember how she had tears in her eyes as she said “I can’t explain it, I’m just so happy”. Because it seemed so real, I mentioned it to my then-boyfriend when I awoke, & told Cheryl about it when I saw her on the Monday at work.

It was unusual as she had always said she never wanted children, & even though she had been married for about a year at that point, had no intention of having children till much later (she was 20 at the time)- if at all.

No more was said about it, though, until a month later when, having an unusually heavy & painful period, she went to the doctors, who confirmed she had miscarried, but had been about 4 weeks pregnant! What’s more spooky is, the only time she could have conceived, according to her, was that night!

It's odd, becasue until then she had been vehemently anti-baby, but seemed to change after that & ended up having a little girl about a year & a half later. It's almost like I had the dream on her behalf!

Thanks for listening!

Prince.
Isis177Offline
Great Old One
Total posts: 516
PostPosted: 12-10-2004 11:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sometimes have had dreams about people I have never met and some time later I actually do meet them. The dreams are very vivid and seem to be set in other times but i recognise the people as soon as I see them and they seem to be drawn to me as well.
I even promised to marry my husband before I met him and he had a heartshaped birthmark on his arm in the dream. I met him about a month later and it was some months later at the beach when he took off his shirt that I saw the birthmark on his arm.
gellatly68Offline
dashing,handsome & modest
Total posts: 99
PostPosted: 12-10-2004 11:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
They tend to take place in a particular town. This town does not exist anywhere but in my head. It has particular landmarks, shops and features such as woods and rivers nearby. Their location in reference to each other never changes and I have had many, many dreams set within this town. I do not know it's name and I have never been there, however I think it may be made up from parts of places that I know, yet are subtly different. I find it very odd that these distinct features should re-occur so many times and always unchanged.

the same happens to me. I seem to enter a constantly evolving 'metaworld' when I dream. Not only are certain features constant, they apparently age as I do, and tend to signify particular ideas or emotions: For example, 'the twilight city' is clearly a dream version of my hometown, and I enter it when I feel trapped or held back about something. As I've ascribed connotations and meanings to this world, my dreams have become increasingly realistic.
Anonymous
PostPosted: 12-10-2004 12:41    Post subject: Dreams that have come true Reply with quote

Isis,

I find that fascinating! I seem to remember someone telling me about a similar thing happening to them, but only once.

Have you had any instances of clairvoyance or telepathy?

Lusitania
Isis177Offline
Great Old One
Total posts: 516
PostPosted: 12-10-2004 13:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I've found that the closest friends and my daughters seem to often share thoughts with me. It's a bit spooky really as if we are at a market I'll just think "Hmm that looks interesting and my youngest will say :No Mummy you don't need that", and she often answers before I've spoken.
Before my Father was in a bad car accident I knew there would be an accident for about 3 weeks before but I thought it would be my husband and kept warning him to be careful.
I seldom get any surprise presents either because I always somehow think of them before I get them.
Sometimes it's like a thought gets stuck in my head until it happens.
IamSundogOffline
The FTMB member previously known as Sundog
Total posts: 1839
PostPosted: 12-10-2004 17:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many years back my wife and I were having trouble conceiving a child. It was a completely emotionally devastating situation for both of us because our previous (our second) child had died in infancy and the medical situation was such that we had a slim chance and a very narrow window of opportunity to succeed.

One morning immediately after one of our (very rigorously scheduled) attempts, I awoke from a brief but very vivd dream. In that dream I saw my wife cradling a blond baby girl and my older daughter standing on tip toes to see her face. The baby girl turned her head and smiled at her. I woke up feeling as certain as anything I have ever been certain about that my wife was pregnant with a blond girl child. It turned out she was, and what's more the new baby looked exactly like the baby in my dream.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> It Happened to Me! All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: