Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Zana the wild woman
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Cryptozoology - manbeasts and mystery apes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tang-malow
PostPosted: 13-01-2002 03:46    Post subject: Zana the wild woman Reply with quote

I was browsing the web looking for info about orang-pendeks and i came across a story about a creature called Zana. Has anyone ever heard about her? Her story is amazing, aparently she was a neandethal captured by villagers then integrated into theyre society. She gave birth to several kids that actually never died untill recently. If this story is true then it would be logical to assume that there are still clans of neanderthals living near russia.. if anyone has any info regarding this id love to hear it.. ill paste here story below for u to read if u aint heard of her or goto

http://www.sonic.net/~anomaly/articles/sa00009.shtml

Quote:

Zana
In Abkhazia, Western Caucasus, relict hominoids are called abnauayu. While collecting reports in 1962, a colleague of Boris Porshnev, zoologist Prof Alexander Mashkovtsev, heard and studied the story of Zana. Subsequently, Porshnev took over where his late companion left off. The following information is borrowed from Porshnev's work The Struggle for Troglodytes.

Zana was a female abnauayu who had been caught and tamed and who lived and died within the memory of a number of people still alive at the time of the research. She was buried near the village of Tkhina in the Ochamchiri District of Abkhazia in the 1880s or 1890s.

But she became the mother of human children, and this is the wonderous side of her life story, very important for the science of genetics. Zana was pregnant several times by various men, and, giving birth without assistance, she always washed the newborn child in the cold water-spring. The half-breed infants, unable to survive these ablutions, died.

So, when subsequently Zana gave birth, the villagers began taking the newborn babies away from her in good time, and reared them themselves. Four times this happened, and the children, two sons and two daughters, grew up as humans, fully-fledged and normal men and women who could talk and possessed reason. It is true that they had some strange physical and mental features, but nonetheless they were fully capable of engaging in work and social Life

The Legend:
In the mid-eighteenth century, hunters in the Ochamchir region of Georgia (a Province of Russia on the edge of the Black sea) captured a 'wild woman' who had ape-like features, a massive bosom, thick arms, legs, and fingers, and was covered with hair. This 'wild woman', named Zana by her captors, was so violent at first that she had to spend many years in a cage with food being tossed to her. Eventually, she was domesticated and would perform simple tasks, like grinding corn. She had an incredible endurance against cold, and couldn't stand to be in a heated room.
She enjoyed gorging herself on grapes from the vine, and also had a weakness for wines, often drinking so heavily she would sleep for hours. As Colin Wilson points out in The Encyclopedia of Unsolved Mysteries, this is likely how she became the mother of many children to different fathers. These children usually died when she tried to wash them in the freezing river, a mistake that is understandible if she expected the children to have her own resistance to cold; but being half Homo sapiens, they just froze. The villagers just started to take her children away from her and raise them as their own; unlike their mother, the children developed the ability to communicate as well as any other villager.
Zana died in the village about 1890; the youngest of her children died in 1954. Her story was researched by Professor Porchnev who interviewed many old people (one as old as a hundred and five) who remembered Zana, as well as two of her grandchildren. the grandchildren had dark skin and a Negroid look, and the grandson, named Shalikula, had jaws so powerful that he could lift a chair with a man sitting in it.
tang-malow
PostPosted: 13-01-2002 04:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

on the same subject here is an atricle about Secret Soviet Investigations that have turned up reports of human-like creatures who have lived for years in Russian Villages and even born human children.

http://www.n2.net/prey/bigfoot/articles/argosy71.htm
gyrtrashOffline
Manflesh
Total posts: 2094
PostPosted: 13-01-2002 16:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fascinting stuff, T.M...I think there exists a contemporary clan of these women prowling the seedier pubs of Leeds. The descriptions and lifestyle seems to match! Smile
Anonymous
PostPosted: 14-01-2002 02:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tang, this is too interesting, mate...I'm going to have to look into this further. You might not know this, but my anscestors were cavemen, believe it or not! Smile Seriously, if these reports are even somewhat valid, somebody needs to get up there and investigate thoroughly. From the sound of it though, these folks don't sound too much like Julie Ege or Raquel Welch in those old Hammer cavemen flicks. Sad
Anonymous
PostPosted: 14-01-2002 11:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've read this story a few times. Also that some of the ancestors should still be alive now. Which was the most surprising thing about all this. That there was no follow up. Go find those ancestors or dig up the grave and do DNA. Imagine what you could find.

However I believe she was called Alma or so. But that might be another similar case I am thinking of.
tang-malow
PostPosted: 14-01-2002 22:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your getting mixed up Xanatic she was an Alma which is the russian name given to the yeti type creatures found around that area. The Almas are thought to be a surviving clan of neanderthals that live in the most remote areas of Russia and China.

On the same subject as Zama, i read some info about the Australian Aboriginies. Aparently when they first arrived in australia about half a million years ago they encountered a race of creatures already living on the island. The description of these people sound similar to neanderthals and the two different races went to war and the aboriginies won the war and the neanderthals retreated to the mountains and these are now called Yowies.. but i read on a webpage (dunno where it is now) some guy has a theory that the two races interbred and now the aboriginies in australia are a kind of half breed between homosapiens and neanderthals. Aparently his theorys have been either ridiculed or ignored and considered racist, but this guy says that it would explain the obvious physical differences such as thicker skulls and bones considering they suppost to have originated from asia. I dont consider this guys report to be racist and i would actually be quite proud if i had neanderthal bloodlines in my family... i am infact certain my wife has some in there you should see her eat Razz j/k

Also to answer more of Xanatics post, Aparently relatives of Zana do still exist to this day and it would be interesting to go out there and find out more about this story, also her bones had been searched for but they couldnt be found. The did however find her sons bones and they were studied. The conclusion was that they showed slight similarities with neanderthal skeletons. I think the findings where ignored or kept quiet as im sure the findings would of shaken the world 50 years ago and i think it would still today. Im sure religion has something to do with keeping it quiet.
Anonymous
PostPosted: 15-01-2002 11:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

The political correctness of today is sure to stop a lot of scientific inquiry.

But imagine what happened in prehistoric times. All those different species running around in the world. Now does it seem plausible there was never any interbreeding causing hybrids?

We are of course not allowed to discuss this. Anyone who even mentions that people from Africa have darker skin can get in trouble it seems.

I have to say, to be honest I do find that the Aboriginals look like what you'd expect stone age people to do. It does seem to me they are physically quite different from other groups of humans.

There is also a group of people in Himalaya apparently who seems not to fit into any known groups of humans. Perhaps they have something to do with the Yetis. You never know.
tang-malow
PostPosted: 15-01-2002 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Xanatic for the info about a the strange group of people in Himalayas. I will need to look further into this, anyone got a webpage with information about these people?? a link would be appreciated. Maybe these people could be a race of Almas human hybrids?

Also if there was indeed different species of "Humans" running about in prehistoric times i think the chances of them not interbreeding would be a zillion to one! i mean just watch the jerry springer show! i would rather have sex with a yowie than some of the hill billies that apear on that show! and what about these people who perform beastiality? somehow i think if you are prepared to have sexual relations with a quadruped you may be easily swayed over to the bipeds.. they offer a higher range of positions i should imagine Surprised I dont think humans are as picky when it comes to sex as we would hope and i think modern humans would have more morals and knowledge of sexually transmitted diseases that would perhaps dissuade them from performing these act.. i dont think cavemen where really to conserned about catching VD if they even knew what that itch they had was.

Therfor i think the possibilities of there being different human hybrid races existing on the world are very strong. However it has taken us thousands of years to discoved what similarities our different races hold without now concentrating on the differences, maybe these differences in heritage may drive even bigger wedges between certain groups even causing more hate than was there previously.. I guess we may never know, oh how i long for world peace etc Razz
rynner
PostPosted: 15-01-2002 21:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xanatic wrote:

The political correctness of today is sure to stop a lot of scientific inquiry....

We are of course not allowed to discuss this. Anyone who even mentions that people from Africa have darker skin can get in trouble it seems.

I have to say, to be honest I do find that the Aboriginals look like what you'd expect stone age people to do. It does seem to me they are physically quite different from other groups of humans.

There have been a couple of TV progs here in UK in recent months that have examined racial differences. One point that was made about Australian abo's is that they have not only better eyesight that white australians, but also have a much better visual memory.

I don't have a problem with racial differences - we're all different anyway, and extreme abilities can be found in every race. I do have a problem with discrimination and racial hatred. In fact the thing I have a problem with is a word - EQUALITY. It is a ludicrous and probably totally inappropriate ideal. DIVERSITY is much more fun, and much more valuable to the species as a whole.

I have the same problem with Wimmens Lib - EQUALITY is just totally the wrong word. Anyone with one eye and/or one hand (or even less) can tell that the sexes are not 'equal', so why create problems by claiming (against all the evidence) that they are? Again, the difference is the fun. We got to be the way we are for good evolutionary reasons, and ignoring the different abilities and skills of the two (or more!) sexes is wilful stupidity. The most satisfying part of being human is sharing in a partnership between the sexes. (But I suppose I'll get the Gays attacking me for that - oh well!)
tang-malow
PostPosted: 16-01-2002 04:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Womens Lib dont want equality.. they want to treat men the way that they feel they have been treated for all these years.. i hate hearing about these so called womens lib members saying they can do any job a man can..
an example of this is the police and fire services in canada.. when a man joins he has to do a fitness test and when a women joins she also has to do a fitness test.. the only difference is the fitness test is easier for the woman than the man.. this is because most women dont have the physical strength of a man and therfor have to have an easier test or there would be no women in these services.. hmmmn that must mean the criminals the females come across must be less dangerous or perhaps the fires the women fire fighters encounter are smaller or colder than the ones the males encounter.. im not a sexist im a realist
but to all of you people reading this think im a bigot or sexist i ask you this if you where in a buring house and you collapsed into a heap who would u rather come to your rescue? a man who would most likely be able to put u over his shoulder and save your life or a woman who has less physical strength and wouldnt be able to pick your unconcious body up off of the ground? im sure even the most fanatical of womens lib members would choose the man..
u dont use a fork to eat ice cream and you dont have women doing jobs that theyre bodys are unsuited to. Im not sexist but i do hate when women complain all day about how men treat them a certain way and then the next day the talk about how theyre boyfriends never hold doors open for them or they dont take them to nice fancy restraunts.. it really does bother me
I used to work as a thermal insulator and we had a female apprentice who was obviously going thru a stage in her life where she had to prove that girls where better than boys and she complained non stop because she couldnt carry this cos it was too heavy and shes a girl and she needs a different toilet.. if one of the boy apprentices acted the same way as she did he would of been let go but no this girl stayed on till the day she decided she was finished proving her point leaving the company out of thousands of pounds cos it had just installed a new female toilet for her cos she refused to share one with the guys.. pathetic
Anonymous
PostPosted: 16-01-2002 10:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhh, equality. You could get me going there for a long time.

I don't think the Himalayans are hybrids. I will look up the info again if I can find it. But they didn't seem special enough.
Anonymous
PostPosted: 16-01-2002 11:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Womens Lib dont want equality.. they want to treat men the way that they feel they have been treated for all these years.. i hate hearing about these so called womens lib members saying they can do any job a man can..

Wanting a level playing field is hardly a crime. Please explain why women shouldn't have equal rights. And while you're at it , find some evidence of these libbers you speak of - proper documentary evidence of any women's political movement or group treating 'men the way they feel they have been treated all these years' from, say, the last couple of years.

Surely the best person to do a particular job is simply the best person, be they male or female?

Example: In a fire I would rather my friend Rachel came to rescue me than my friend Andrew. The reason? She's bigger, she's stronger, she's better in a crisis. Some of my friends would be great at that kind of thing, some would be rubbish. Gender doesn't enter in to it. But then, I prefer to judge people on an individual basis rather than making sweeping generalisations about groups within society en masse.

I'm assuming you'd be completely comfortable using a women's restroom, day in day out, then.

Last edited by Guest on 16-01-2002 11:20; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous
PostPosted: 16-01-2002 11:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if it was about the person then there is no real reasons why we should have lowered standard for women is there? So let us give them all the same demands physically and mentally as men. Then let us see how many get in then. Even in Israel which seems to be one of the only countries smart enough to give women military service, they still have to serve less time than men.

In Denmark we have a group of the government to ensure equality. So they do a lot to make sure we have more female construction workers and doctors and all. Now I can't remember the last time they did anything to get more men to become nurses or birth helpers.,
Anonymous
PostPosted: 16-01-2002 12:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

The aboriginees description of another race inhabitting Australia b4 them probably refers to the ancestors of the (now extinct) ethnically distinct Tasmanians who it is believed arrived in Australia earlier. Victorian scientists did believe the Tasmanians to be halfway between primitive hominids and homo sapiens. They werent, but it made a good excuse for wiping them out and stealing their countryy. It was on this that Conan Doyle based the war between the modern humans and apemen in Lost World.
This is an example of why we need political correctness and why any responsible scientists are very wary of denying anybody full humanity.
Anonymous
PostPosted: 16-01-2002 13:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xanatic wrote:

In Denmark we have a group of the government to ensure equality. So they do a lot to make sure we have more female construction workers and doctors and all. Now I can't remember the last time they did anything to get more men to become nurses or birth helpers.,

Goodness, that's not the impression the Danish govt's website gives. In fact, Denmark's equality act exists:

"to promote gender equality, including equal integration, equal influence and Gender Equality in all functions in society on the basis of women's and men's equal status. The purpose of the Act is also to counteract direct and indirect discrimination on the ground of gender and to counteract sexual harassment. "

So if you feel you're being discriminated against in some way, perhaps you should take it up with your parliamentary representative.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Cryptozoology - manbeasts and mystery apes All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: