Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
lockerbie bomber is innocent?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Conspiracy - general
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScunnerlugzzzOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 475
PostPosted: 20-08-2011 14:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

ps, those English riots were another tipping point.

Never in my life have I watched the BBC news about UK goings on and realised that I was watching other places' problems.

England is a different country/nation/can of worms.
YithianOffline
Keeping the British end up
Total posts: 11948
PostPosted: 20-08-2011 15:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

And every time I hear about the release of the Lockerbie bomber (and the fact that he's seemingly the most hardy terminally ill terrorist ever), i wish you all the luck in the world with the SNP goverment of clowns you crave so much, Scunner; you're going to need it. We give terrorists... Freeeeeedom!
ScunnerlugzzzOffline
Great Old One
PostPosted: 20-08-2011 16:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

theyithian wrote:
And every time I hear about the release of the Lockerbie bomber (and the fact that he's seemingly the most hardy terminally ill terrorist ever), i wish you all the luck in the world with the SNP goverment of clowns you crave so much, Scunner; you're going to need it. We give terrorists... Freeeeeedom!

Well.
There is one school of thought that say he was innocent anyway.
There is another school of thought that says releasing him saved a lot of pointless money being spent as he posed no danger.
There is another school of thought that we took Scotland off of some terrorist's wish list.
Clearly there is another school that you subscribe to that we should have jailed him for longer than the IRA killers that England released.

Live well with you government who has no idea of common sense and bring on the baton charges to your kidsssssssss.
I hope you have Freeeeeeeeeeeeddom to go to the local estate shop tonight. I do.
Quake42Offline
Warrior Princess
Total posts: 5754
PostPosted: 20-08-2011 16:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There is one school of thought that say he was innocent anyway.

Not relevant - if the conviction was unsafe then that should have been addressed. That wasn't why he was released.

Quote:
There is another school of thought that says releasing him saved a lot of pointless money being spent as he posed no danger.

By that argument there are thousands of criminals who should be released from jail, regardless of the gravity of their crimes...

Quote:
There is another school of thought that we took Scotland off of some terrorist's wish list.

That's a pretty appalling "school of thought" - not jailing terrorists in case their mates decide to have another go.

Megrahi's crime was very, very grave indeed - the worst act of terrorism the UK has seen. I see no reason why he should have been released.
ScunnerlugzzzOffline
Great Old One
PostPosted: 20-08-2011 17:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the end of the day this was an act of terrorism that happened on Scots soil. We have dealt with it.
And we have got over it.
Scotland has no aggressive or imperial pretentions to any other nation.
Just stop tarring us with your Brit imperial brush I guess.
We don't need revenge like you guys
titchOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 1202
PostPosted: 20-08-2011 18:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell that to that Scottish football fans when they sing "stand up if you hate the English" Hate and fear, great things to base your political views on.
Pietro_Mercurios
Heuristically Challenged
PostPosted: 20-08-2011 19:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

titch wrote:
Tell that to that Scottish football fans when they sing "stand up if you hate the English" Hate and fear, great things to base your political views on.

Football is a a terrible thing to base your political views on.
Quake42Offline
Warrior Princess
PostPosted: 20-08-2011 19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

You really think Al Megrahi would have been released if he wasn't linked to a regime that both UK and Scottish governments were, at the time, keen to suck up to?
ScunnerlugzzzOffline
Great Old One
PostPosted: 20-08-2011 19:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

titch wrote:

Why don't you? if the worste thing the Scots do is sing songs that mildly upset you...well you have to get over it really.
ScunnerlugzzzOffline
Great Old One
PostPosted: 20-08-2011 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quake42 wrote:
Quote:

You really think Al Megrahi would have been released if he wasn't linked to a regime that both UK and Scottish governments were, at the time, keen to suck up to?

So are you implying that th UK gov was involved??
rynner2Offline
What a Cad!
Total posts: 25176
PostPosted: 20-08-2011 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

US Senators call for extradition of Lockerbie bomber
Two US senators have demanded the extradition of the Lockerbie bomber from Libya, on the second anniversary of his release from prison in Scotland.

Terminally-ill Abdelbasset al Megrahi was freed by Scottish ministers on compassionate grounds.

New Jersey senators Robert Menendez and Frank Lautenberg want the rebel-led transitional Libyan government to send Megrahi to the US.

Meanwhile, the author helping Megrahi write his memoirs has told BBC Scotland that the convicted bomber wants the public to "know the truth" about the case.

Speaking ahead of the second anniversary of his release, British journalist John Ashton, who worked as a researcher alongside Megrahi's legal team, said the Libyan wanted evidence which would have been heard during his appeal to finally be made public.

Mr Ashton said: "His dream was always to overturn his conviction and to achieve freedom through that.
"When he made the decision to go home and abandon his appeal he called me in and said that he wanted me to write a book because he wanted the public to the know the truth.
"He wanted them to know the evidence that would have been heard during the appeal."

The author also echoed concerns raised by others that Megrahi may be attacked by or handed over to US forces in Libya.
He added: "If we are to believe what we read then yes he is under threat because the rebels have promised to hand him over to the Americans, apparently, and the Americans have said they are going to take him back to America and try him there, which is ridiculous and illegal."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-south-scotland-14590834
Quake42Offline
Warrior Princess
PostPosted: 20-08-2011 20:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So are you implying that th UK gov was involved??

Both Westminster and Holyrood were up to the necks in it, as has been previosly established, if I'm not much mistaken, by some of the Wikileaks material.

But Rynner's right, if we want to continue with this discussion (not "flame war" btw Ryn), we should probably move it to the dedicated thread.
Pietro_Mercurios
Heuristically Challenged
PostPosted: 23-08-2011 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relevant posts moved to relevant thread.

P_M
McAvennie_Offline
OBE
Total posts: 2814
PostPosted: 24-08-2011 09:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

rynner2 wrote:
Two US senators have demanded the extradition of the Lockerbie bomber from Libya, on the second anniversary of his release from prison in Scotland.

Terminally-ill Abdelbasset al Megrahi was freed by Scottish ministers on compassionate grounds.

New Jersey senators Robert Menendez and Frank Lautenberg want the rebel-led transitional Libyan government to send Megrahi to the US.

Will be interesting to see what happens there, if the rebel Libyans see Al Megrahi as a stooge of Gadaffi and hand him over.
ramonmercadoOffline
Psycho Punk
Total posts: 20615
PostPosted: 24-08-2011 11:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

McAvennie_ wrote:
rynner2 wrote:

Will be interesting to see what happens there, if the rebel Libyans see Al Megrahi as a stooge of Gadaffi and hand him over.

It appears that hes widely viewed as being innocent. If the new govt were to hand him over then they would be seen as US stooges. This might be a good time to reopen investigations into Syrian responsibility for the bombing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Conspiracy - general All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: