Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Weirdness caught on Google Maps/Earth
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> General Forteana
View previous topic :: View next topic  
punychicken
PostPosted: 13-05-2005 23:09    Post subject: Weirdness caught on Google Maps/Earth Reply with quote

UFO caught on Google Satellite Maps?

Look here.

A discussion here notes the artifact as space debris, weather balloon, flying crop circle without the crops!!
ruffreadyOffline
Ruff says..
Total posts: 3328
PostPosted: 14-05-2005 03:50    Post subject: wow!!!! Reply with quote

THAT IS REALLY , REALLY COOL!!punychicken- I think its a damn flying saucer! I do! Shocked That new google map search is way cool! I've spent way too much time with it!
rynner
PostPosted: 14-05-2005 09:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

One poster on that discussion said
Quote:
I not exactly sure what this is but I believe it is caused by something either on, inside or very near the lens since you can find more of them at right angles of each other. I’m going to dub them FloridaSpheres. You can find a similar FloridaSpheres exactly exactly due west (FS1) and due north (FS2) from the one pinpointed above (FS0). Just keep clicking the west or north arrow and you will reach it. I’ve found more using the same search pattern. Below is the latitudes and longitudes of other spheres. Copy&Paste the numbers into the appropriate place in a GoogleMaps URL.

ll=26.748651,-80.074550 FS0 - The Original FloridaSphere
ll=26.748651,-80.189370 FS1 - Due West of FS0
ll=26.901956,-80.074550 FS2 - Due North of FS0
ll=26.901956,-80.245299 FS3 - Due West of FS2
ll=26.901956,-80.302420 FS4 - Due West of FS3 (Partial)
ll=26.901956,-80.357441 FS5 - Due West of FS4 (Half)
ll=27.002249,-80.245299 FS6 - Due North of FS3

I checked out the one to the north.

If they are so regular, perhaps this is a software glitch - after all the images have to be joined somewhere, so perhaps there's a gap at the corners?

(As Ruff says, a good time-waster of a site! Very Happy )
rynner
PostPosted: 14-05-2005 09:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purely by chance, I found a view where images are joined - but no UFO!

Type Springdale AR into Google map and select Satellite. Part of the area was clearly imaged on a bright day, and part on a dull day. Cool
Philo_TOffline
But, this one goes to 11!
Total posts: 1342
PostPosted: 15-05-2005 04:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google knows all, sees all. Wink If there are UFOs, google will be first to know.

(Sorta like the ending of Neuromancer, where the recentlly sentinent Wintermute/Neuromancer reports that it had found signals from another sentinent matrix in archived data from, IIRC, the '70s.)
DrPLeeOffline
The Mighty Quim
Total posts: 633
PostPosted: 16-05-2005 09:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't really tell from even a zoomed-in area, but does the shadow on the right side of the "thing" conform to the shadows on the ground?
Anonymous
PostPosted: 16-05-2005 12:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

what exactly am I meant to see-I just see a normal birds eye view of the city???
Anonymous
PostPosted: 16-05-2005 13:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
what am I meant to see

Just to the right of the huge UFO in the middle of the page is a road with a blue car on it that might be of alien origin, it has only one windscreen wiper ... that's what we are all talking about.

er, the big UFOey thing in the middle of the page seems a little odd too - now I think about it!
Wink
ruffreadyOffline
Ruff says..
Total posts: 3328
PostPosted: 16-05-2005 13:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redneck -you can see an alien scout craft casting a shasow on ground looking a us from above- it proves we have visiters from beyond the other dominion.
pizzed_offOffline
with the luggage
Total posts: 9664
PostPosted: 16-05-2005 13:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philo T wrote:
Google knows all, sees all. Wink If there are UFOs, google will be first to know.

(Sorta like the ending of Neuromancer, where the recentlly sentinent Wintermute/Neuromancer reports that it had found signals from another sentinent matrix in archived data from, IIRC, the '70s.)

the aelph?
Philo_TOffline
PostPosted: 16-05-2005 14:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

melf wrote:
Philo T wrote:

the aelph?

totally OT at this point...

I'm pretty sure that it's stated that the signals came from a different star. Seemed like what would be a pretty momentous discovery, but in the book, it's tossed off lightly, and never returned to again.
DrPLeeOffline
The Mighty Quim
Total posts: 633
PostPosted: 16-05-2005 14:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Philo T"][quote="melf"]
Philo T wrote:

I'm pretty sure that it's stated that the signals came from a different star. Seemed like what would be a pretty momentous discovery, but in the book, it's tossed off lightly,

Like a very limp w*nk ?
ArthurASCIIOffline
Hello Playmates
Total posts: 2894
PostPosted: 16-05-2005 14:55    Post subject: Hot Air Balloons? Reply with quote

It looks to me like a hot air balloon.

The shadows on the ground are quite long, so it's either early morning or late evening (the best times of day for ballooning). Also, there seems to be a sort of heat haze around the periphery of the object (hot canopy?).

As hot air balloons often travel in groups, that might account for the multiple instances.
Philo_TOffline
PostPosted: 16-05-2005 15:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somone in some blog discussing this theorized that this was some artifact of the image stiching process, and had dug up further examples at regular intervals. But why would it appear as a sphere with shadows if that was the case? Also, if that was the case, you'd figure someone at the google maps group would have noticed this and made a statement that, yes, that was the case.
Human_84Offline
We wont hurt you human.
Total posts: 1434
PostPosted: 16-05-2005 16:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont remember names or details. But a couple years back i read of a story where a woman by accident got into the 'wrong room' @ NASA and saw people destroying images from space which contained saucers and such. According to the story, photos are constantly being taken and many of them have these objects. Dozens of people work 9-5 jobs just to eliminate all instances of these things before they reach the public. Supposedly some of the images she saw were the tops of disks in extremly high resolution, people literally throwing them into the fire, disposing of the film.

Apparently they didnt get this one!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> General Forteana All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 1 of 32

Jump to: