Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
David Icke , Lizards, etc etc
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Conspiracy - general
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin merge
PostPosted: 13-11-2001 16:27    Post subject: David Icke , Lizards, etc etc Reply with quote

Are david ickes conspiracy theorys

right

wrong

and why?
Anonymous
PostPosted: 13-11-2001 16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

dunno about right or worng, but if they are, it's by coincidence. his main problem is he blieves everything anyone tells him, which doesn't really get you anywhere. if he could sift stuff for bullshit he'd be doing something useful. great hair though...
Anonymous
PostPosted: 13-11-2001 16:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
his main problem is he believes everything

He seems to have become a conspiracy sponge - everything is connected and everything proves he's right.

and whenever I see him on tv he gives me the feeling I get when confronted by the slightly unhinged......Sad
Anonymous
PostPosted: 13-11-2001 16:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, seems to be a risk run by those with 'big ideas' of any kind, good or bad - monomania. doctors discover some new and genuine treatment, then prescribe it in feverish enthusiasm for absolutely everything - eg the whole awful business of the two guys who 'pioneered' lobotomy ealier this century, or ufologists (who are miguided anyway, but compound it:) ) isnsiting that evry single phenomenon anywhere is down to the venusians. medieval christians too, now i think of it, insisted on religious messages everywhere, 5 woundsin the markings of a flower etc, or maybe that's anthropocentrism, or should it be theocentrism, hm better stop before my eyes cross...
Anonymous
PostPosted: 13-11-2001 17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone watch the 'Conspiracies' series of documentarys on channel 4 earlier on this year?

One featured him and it was really interesting to see that he believes what he is saying one hundred percent. The guy is passionately committed to saving the world from the lizards. It's his life!

When he gives talks (to packed auditoria) he actually talks for about 4 hours and he tours constantly.

I think he's a complete loon but at least his raving is:

1. Interesting if completely nuts
2. From the heart!
Anonymous
PostPosted: 13-11-2001 17:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Interesting if completely nuts
2. From the heart!
so was torquemada:)
but yeah, we do need people like him or else life would be dull, and message boards too
augustverangoOffline
Total posts: 271
PostPosted: 13-11-2001 17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, I'm all for him and his shell-suits...

Quite whether he's right or wrong is irrelevent as far as I'm concerned.
Anonymous
PostPosted: 13-11-2001 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is where I write something about the world really needing people to question the way of the universe...and then I decide that all those that do are made to look like they are nuts... and then I come to the conclusion that the David Icke is actually right...and then I go out and buy a shell suit and then...oh dear....

Smile Very Happy
augustverangoOffline
Total posts: 271
PostPosted: 13-11-2001 17:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear, indeed... Surprised

Does this happen often, Emmy? Leaving you with a rack of unworn shell-suits ready for Oxfam...
Anonymous
PostPosted: 13-11-2001 22:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that David Icke checked his brain in at the door, leaving a great void to be filled by lizards and others. He does seem terribly serious about it all though...Blah
johnnyboy1968Offline
The Duke's Spook
Total posts: 291
PostPosted: 13-11-2001 23:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Setab that he's become a "conspiracy sponge" (great description BTW!). When he first went public with his theories, they seemed no more outlandish than the likes of the Mahirishi, and other guru figures. The tabloids had a field day with "TV David goes bonkers" type headlines. Since then, he's gathered up bits and pieces from all sorts of sources, and mashed them up into his own viewpoint.

No matter how demented his theories are, you can tell by by looking at the man that he believes every word of them. Whether this makes him any more barking than my Mum's mad fundamentalist friend who talks to god all the time and believes that everything in the Bible happened as written is a moot point.

Anyhow, suppose, just suppose, that he's right...Eek Eek
intaglioreallyOffline
Well what am I now?
Total posts: 2641
PostPosted: 13-11-2001 23:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for a start off he confuses reptiles with sauropods Very Happy then compounds the error by saying they want to rule the world. You don't rule a food source Very Happy Very Happy

Oh yes and there is the problem that he's a totally sincere lunatic. If he was right why all the pussyfooting round with disguises?
Justin_Anstey
Mutant alien
PostPosted: 14-11-2001 00:25    Post subject: Lizards, lizards everywhere!!! Reply with quote

http://books.guardian.co.uk/extracts/story/0,6761,458001,00.html

This is an edited extract from Them: Adventures With Extremists, by Jon Ronson:

"David became an avid reader of Big Jim Tucker and his magazine, the Spotlight. Blaming the global elitists, in part, for scheming the assault against him in the British media, he researched and wrote two books about the spiderÍs web of secret societies that controlled the planet. He wrote that the global elite are hopelessly drawn to strange rituals, that they run around in robes and burn giant wicker owls at a secret summer camp called Bohemian Grove in the forests north of San Francisco. Henry Kissinger and David Rockefeller are rumoured to be among the berobed.

David came to believe that the global elite were not just stealthily influencing free-trade legislation so as to ease the way for complete global domination; they also operated, out of the White House, a harem of kidnapped and hypnotised underage sex slaves.

Shocked by his findings, he looked to ancient times, hoping to find some validating evidence. He discovered primitive cultures that had carved effigies of lizard-men descending from the skies. He put two and two together. This was the key. The reptilian invaders were the secret rulers of the world. Now he was ready to publish."

Was that it? He looked at a couple of books about the incas?

He clearly was just trying to distance himself some his previous endorsement of the 'Protocols of the Elders of Zion':

http://www.google.com/search?q=icke+protocols+zion

-Justin.
TheOriginalCujoOffline
Mean Mother
Total posts: 1894
PostPosted: 14-11-2001 03:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Icke bugs me. His theorys are just the latest in a long line of theorys that abdicate all responsibility for the ills of the world. He thinks that everything is the fault of space lizards. The Jehova's Witnesses say that all the bad stuff is caused by satan running the world. Then there's the whole 'New World Order' thing.

The fact is that the world is fucked because we fucked it. And it's only by accepting that fact that we can change it. The more time and effort we spend on finding someone else to blame the longer it will take to fix it.

Cujo
Anonymous
PostPosted: 14-11-2001 10:27    Post subject: Re: Lizards, lizards everywhere!!! Reply with quote

Justin Anstey wrote:

Was that it? He looked at a couple of books about the incas?

He probably also had some vague memories of "V" - that silly 80's sci-fi TV series. If you don't remember, it featured an alien race of shape-shifting giant lizards who came all the way to Earth because they were running short of hydrogen to fuel their space-ships, and our planet, unlike all the other planets in the local galactic cluster, is chock full of water (which can be broken down into hydrogen).
Anyway, the lizards take over by disguising themselves as world leaders; they also use humans as a handy food source, along with other Earth animals. One spectacular (for the time) SFX shot showed a lizard (disguised as a georgeous Earth woman) swallowing a disgustingly cute and fluffy kitten - live!
Another thing I remember from the series is a pre-Freddy Robert Englund, as a "good alien" who helps the human resistance.
Don't think it had any burning wicker owls though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Conspiracy - general All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 1 of 49

Jump to: