Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
"The Carroll Foundation Trust case"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Conspiracy - general
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garrick92Offline
Invisible Flaneur
Total posts: 1483
PostPosted: 22-10-2014 08:47    Post subject: "The Carroll Foundation Trust case" Reply with quote

I only became aware of this 'story' earlier this year and have been watching developments (or alleged developments) unfold with increasing perplexity.

It seems to shadow the UK's news agenda, absorbing recent developments like an ever-growing malignant amoeba. It's now "embroiled" HSBC too.

See: http://carrolltrustcase.com/

Due warning: The site explains almost nothing.

The associated twitter account has nearly two million followers.

Just what on earth is going on here? Is this an absolutely massive and explosive unreported story, or what?

Can anyone make sense of it?

(Googling it turns up no solid links to anything of substance, just more chatter)
garrick92Offline
Invisible Flaneur
PostPosted: 24-10-2014 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it either everyone is as mystified as me, or I've picked a dull subject.

As chance would have it, I did some really determined googling (you know the kind: filter and focus, rinse and repeat) until I turned up a solid 'lead'.

The scandal is definitely real -- a real-world team of property assessors has been hired to look into the case by Scotland Yard -- and bugger me if one if the chief players in the saga doesn't live just around the corner from me!

(Not going to be more geographically specific than that, due to experiences with stalky internet mentalists).

I may give him a ring and see what he has to say. I doubt that this is the all-encompassing mega-scandal that the above website makes it out to be, but it is definitely real nevertheless.
balding13Offline
Great Old One
Total posts: 202
PostPosted: 24-10-2014 14:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you able to post the link, please?
garrick92Offline
Invisible Flaneur
PostPosted: 24-10-2014 14:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, not clear which link you mean. Do you mean the one I referred to as 'the above website'? If so, it's in the first post on this thread, about halfway through.
balding13Offline
Great Old One
PostPosted: 24-10-2014 15:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping your 'lead' was from a website that could be linked.
garrick92Offline
Invisible Flaneur
PostPosted: 24-10-2014 15:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you mean the individual person I was referring to, then no, sorry -- call me paranoid, but it would give away my location and I've had too many bad experiences with lurking weirdos bringing OL things into RL.

If you mean the property surveyors, then I'm taking my 'lead' from this site, which looks reputable and the company they talk about exists and on a global scale. So I take this as confirmation.
balding13Offline
Great Old One
PostPosted: 24-10-2014 15:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I didn't mean the individual, don't think you're being paranoid, fully understanding your caution. Thanks for the link.
garrick92Offline
Invisible Flaneur
PostPosted: 18-11-2014 10:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have spoken to the Knight Frank press office concerning the Met Police retainer, and got back: "Sorry, but this is no comment from us."

Curious.
garrick92Offline
Invisible Flaneur
PostPosted: 19-11-2014 20:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dam breaks. Companies House fell for an old trick and have just confirmed that they can't comment 'due to the ongoing investigation'.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Conspiracy - general All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: