Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Celebs and saucers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Ufology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttaarraassOffline
Total posts: 1636
PostPosted: 06-05-2008 18:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

As with most of Jon Ronson's stuff, the radio documentary was more interesting as a look at a different side of Robbie Williams than for its ufology content. Still, the stuff about "Indigo children" was good, I don't recall reading anything about them in FT to date.

Last edited by ttaarraass on 08-05-2008 11:51; edited 1 time in total
eburacumOffline
Papo-Furado
Total posts: 1656
PostPosted: 08-05-2008 07:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

We did have a thread about Indigo Children several years ago, but it doesn't seem to show up in searches.
tonyblair11Offline
Total posts: 2146
PostPosted: 09-05-2008 01:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

found it

http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7127&highlight=crystal+indigo
azuredoorOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 218
PostPosted: 04-09-2009 13:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.showbizspy.com/article/191402/robbie-williams-i-came-face-to-face-with-a-ufo.html

Quote:
Robbie Williams has claimed he came face to face with a UFO as it flew over him while he was lying on his sun lounger.

Speaking to British radio DJ Chris Moyles on his Radio 1 breakfast show, the former Take That star revealed, “I was out one night, half past 10 on the patio of a hotel in LA, there’s a girl to my right and she was lying down on the sun lounger.

“We were both looking up at the stars and then the stars weren’t there any more and a football field sized whatever you like to call it passed over the top of us, blocked out all of the stars, moved silently and was matte black underneath and square… couldn’t explain that.”

Robbie also revealed that he’d like to rejoin Take That.........

Anyone know who the girl was??
Dr_Baltar
PostPosted: 04-09-2009 13:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

azuredoor wrote:

Anyone know who the girl was??

If it's the same incident I've heard him talk about before, it was probably his girlfriend, Aida Field.
Pietro_Mercurios
Heuristically Challenged
PostPosted: 07-09-2009 15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan Akroyd on UFOs.
http://video.google.nl/videoplay?docid=-8993422112864357113&hl=nl#
rynner2Offline
What a Cad!
Total posts: 25206
PostPosted: 25-09-2009 09:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivia Newton-John claims to have seen UFO
Olivia Newton-John, the Grease actress, claims to have seen a UFO when she was a teenager.
Published: 7:55AM BST 25 Sep 2009

The 60-year-old performer said that she was "intrigued" by unidentified flying objects and believed that most people in Britain shared her obsession.

Newton-John's co-star in the 1978 teenage movie was John Travolta, who is now a member of the Church of Scientology which holds that aliens populated the Earth millions of years ago.

But the actress's brush with extraterrestrial life was more mundane. She has described how she saw a silver object flying across the sky at "amazing speeds" when she was 15.

"I have seen one when I was very young. It was unidentified and it was flying," she told The Sun.

"In England most people now think UFOs are possible. Twenty years ago, how many people would have thought that?"

Newton-John, who grew up in Cambridge, is best known for playing Sandy in the film musical Grease but also released a string of No 1 albums in the US in the 1970s.

She married her second husband John Easterling in 2008, four years after her boyfriend Patrick McDermott vanished on a fishing trip in California.

Earlier this year it was reported that Mr McDermott is alive and living in a boat off the coast of Mexico.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/6229607/Olivia-Newton-John-claims-to-have-seen-UFO.html

I'm shocked - how did Neutron Bomb get to be 60?! Shocked
gncxxOffline
King-Size Canary
Total posts: 14755
PostPosted: 25-09-2009 15:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to highlight media links to Olivia's UFO sighting, never mind Travolta's Scientology, how about her sci-fi musical Toomorrow? It has aliens and spaceships and all that. Perhaps the space brothers told her to be in it.
MoookstaOffline
Muppet
Total posts: 1905
PostPosted: 05-10-2009 23:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another John Lennon UFO story

Quote:
The sighting, and how it perhaps influenced his later life, will never fully be understood, however any ufo encounter and especially the close one that he and May Pang experienced, was undoubtedly a life changing event for both of them.

Although reticent to inform the Media of the Ufo that he and May Pang both witnessed, he did acknowledged his sighting when his Album 'Walls and Bridges' was released.

On the bottom right of the back cover it reads "On 23 August 1974, I saw a UFO J.L.".

The John Lennon/May Pang Sighting

It was just after eight o' clock on a hot summers night that John Lennon had climbed out of a window, to a private part of the roof of the apartment he had in 434 East 52nd Street, New York.

May Pang who was in the apartment heard him calling 'May come here right now'

Fearful that he was in some trouble because of his insistent calls, she rushed out to his aid, and found him nude, and pointing wildly in a southeasterly direction.

Finding John Lennon nude was not a surprise, as he was not averse to going about in this condition, but to what he was pointing at was something she would not forget for the rest of her life.

There, not more than a hundred feet away was a 'Classic' circular, brightly lit ufo, floating silently in the sky.

As John Lennon would later recall, "I wasn’t surprised to see the UFO really, as it looked just like the spaceships we’ve all seen on the cinema growing up, but then I realised this thing was real, and so close that I could almost touch it!".

May Pang also described the event :

'As I walked out onto the terrace, my eye caught this large, circular object coming towards us.

It was shaped like a flattened cone and on top was a large, brilliant red light, not pulsating as on any of the aircraft we'd see heading for a landing at Newark Airport.

When it came a little closer, we could make out a row or circle of white lights that ran around the entire rim of the craft - these were also flashing on and off. There were so many of these lights that it was dazzling to the mind.

It was, I estimate, about the size of a Lear jet and it was so close that if we had something to throw at it, we probably would have hit it quite easily'.

Eerily the object passed by. 'We often had helicopters flying above us but this was as silent as the night and about seventeen storeys above street level.'

As they watched awestruck, The object flew off, but returned later, by which time she and Lennon had set up a telescope through which they could view it in more detail. The light was so brilliant coming from the craft that no additional details could be seen.

John kept saying "I can't believe it... I can't believe it... I've seen a flying saucer!"

Although both May Pang and John Lennon took photographs of the craft, the roll of film once developed, was blank.

Those lost images, perhaps showing John Lennon, naked, arms outstretched, shouting at the ufo to come and take him (he did do this) would have gone down in history as an iconic turning point in ufology.

But sadly it was not to be.

John Lennon did make drawings of the craft , but these drawings have never been made public.

Perhaps one day they will, and then we will see exactly what the craft looked like, on that hot summers night in New York.

Who's May Pang? 1974...Yoko?

mooks out
WhistlingJackOffline
Total posts: 4298
PostPosted: 06-10-2009 10:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

May Pang was the Lennons' personal assistant with whom Yoko encouraged John to have an affair.
MoookstaOffline
Muppet
Total posts: 1905
PostPosted: 06-10-2009 11:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhistlingJack wrote:
May Pang was the Lennons' personal assistant with whom Yoko encouraged John to have an affair.

Those crazy kids. Rolling Eyes

Cheers jack.

mooks out
Zilch5Offline
Vogon Poet
Total posts: 1580
PostPosted: 01-01-2011 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ronald Reagan's UFO Sightings

There are a great many stories about US presidents seeing UFOs. Only a couple of the stories actually have strong enough evidence to back up the fact a sighting took place. One case with a lot of supporting evidence involves Ronald Reagan who had two sightings that we are aware of.

Both of Reagan’s UFO sightings occurred when he was the 33rd Governor of California (1967 – 1975). The first occurred on the night that Reagan was invited to a party that actor William Holden was having in Hollywood. A number of key personalities were invited. Two of them, comedian Steve Allen, and actress Lucy Ball both told the story of Reagan’s UFO encounter.[1]

Reagan was missing when the party began and the party was held up until he and Nancy arrived nearly an hour late. According to both Allen’s and Ball’s version of events Reagan was very excited. He described the fact that he and Nancy had seen a UFO while coming down the coast highway to Los Angeles and stopped to watch the event. Some unconfirmed stories of the event stated that the object actually landed. Lucy in her account of the event stated, “After he elected President, I kept thinking about that event, and wondered if he still would have won if he told everyone that he saw a flying saucer.”

The other Reagan sighting occurred in 1974 just before Reagan ended his second term as governor. The story was told by Air Force Colonel Bill Paynter who became the pilot of Reagan’s Cessna Citation jet plane following his retirement from the Air Force.

It a story Ronald Reagan told to Norman Miller, Washington Bureau Chief for the Wall Street Journal, the governor’s plane was making an approach to land in Bakersfield California. It was during the descent that Reagan noticed a strange light behind the plane. "We followed it for several minutes, Reagan told Miler. “ It was a bright white light. We followed it to Bakersfield and all of a sudden to our utter amazement it went straight up into the heavens." etc etc etc

http://www.presidentialufo.com/ronald-reagan/204-ronald-reagans-ufo-sightings
gncxxOffline
King-Size Canary
Total posts: 14755
PostPosted: 01-01-2011 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that explains Reagan's comment when he saw E.T., doesn't it?
rynner2Offline
What a Cad!
Total posts: 25206
PostPosted: 21-02-2011 09:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alien life and UFOs: 10 top 'believers'
NASA research has found that half of all stars in the universe have Earth-like planets orbiting around them, raising fresh hopes of finding alien life.
7:30AM GMT 21 Feb 2011

Numerous public figures from eminent scientists to politicians have stated their belief in the existence of alien life forms and UFOs.
Here we take a look at some of the most notable claims:

1. Professor Stephen Hawking

Last year, the revered physicist and cosmologist suggested that extraterrestrials almost certainly exist but that humans should be taking steps to avoid them rather than seek them out.

He said: “To my mathematical brain, the numbers alone make thinking about aliens perfectly rational. The real challenge is to work out what aliens might actually be like.”

“We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn’t want to meet.
“I imagine they might exist in massive ships, having used up all the resources from their home planet. Such advanced aliens would perhaps become nomads, looking to conquer and colonise whatever planets they can reach.”

2. Lord Rees

The astronomer royal last year said he believed aliens could well exist and warned that they might prove to be beyond human understanding.

“I suspect there could be life and intelligence out there in forms we can’t conceive,” he said. “Just as a chimpanzee can’t understand quantum theory, it could be there are aspects of reality that are beyond the capacity of our brains,” he said.

3. Lachezar Filipov

Bulgarian government scientists from the country's Space Research Institute claimed two years ago that they were already in contact with extraterrestrial life.

They claimed that experts were trying to decipher a complex set of symbols sent to them, after posing aliens a list of 30 questions.

Mr Filipov deputy director of the Space Research Institute of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, revealed that the centre's researchers were analysing 150 crop circles from around the world, which they believe answer the questions.

"Aliens are currently all around us, and are watching us all the time," Mr Filipov said.
"They are not hostile towards us, rather, they want to help us but we have not grown enough in order to establish direct contact with them."

4. Edgar Mitchell

The former NASA astronaut claimed in 2009 that alien life exists but that the US government was covering up the evidence.

Mr Mitchell, who was part of the 1971 Apollo 14 moon mission, made the claims in a talk to the fifth annual X-Conference – a meeting of those who believe in UFOs and other life forms.

He also said he had attempted to investigate the 1947 'Roswell Incident', which some believe was the crash-landing of a UFO, but had been thwarted by military authorities.

He said: "We're not alone. Our destiny, in my opinion, and we might as well get started with it, is [to] become a part of the planetary community. ... We should be ready to reach out beyond our planet and beyond our solar system to find out what is really going on out there.

"I urge those who are doubtful: Read the books, read the lore, start to understand what has really been going on. Because there really is no doubt we are being visited.
"The universe that we live in is much more wondrous, exciting, complex and far-reaching than we were ever able to know up to this point in time."

5. Jimmy Carter

The US President from 1976 to 1980, promised while on the campaign trail that he would make public all documents on UFOs if elected. He said: "I don't laugh at people any more when they say they've seen UFOs. I've seen one myself."

6. General Douglas MacArthur

The Korean and Second World War soldier, said in 1955 that "the next war will be an interplanetary war. The nations of the earth must someday make a common front against attack by people from other planets. The politics of the future will be cosmic, or interplanetary".

7. Monsignor Corrado Balducci

The Vatican theologian, said: "Extraterrestrial contact is a real phenomenon. The Vatican is receiving much information about extraterrestrials and their contacts with humans from its embassies in various countries, such as Mexico, Chile and Venezuela."

8. Air Chief Marshal Lord Dowding

The Second World War RAF Fighter commander during the Battle of Britain once said of UFOs: "I am convinced that these objects do exist and that they are not manufactured by any nations on earth."

9. Ronald Reagan

The US President from 1980 to 1988, claimed he had seen a UFO himself. He said: "I looked out the window and saw this white light. It was zigzagging around. I went up to the pilot and said, 'Have you ever seen anything like that?' He was shocked and he said, 'nope.' And I said to him: 'Let's follow it!' We followed it for several minutes. It was a bright white light. We followed it to Bakersfield, and all of a sudden to our utter amazement it went straight up into the heavens. When I got off the plane I told Nancy all about it."

10. Mikhail Gorbachev

The USSR's last head of state: "The phenomenon of UFOs does exist, and it must be treated seriously."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/ufo/8337299/Alien-life-and-UFOs-10-top-believers.html
linesmachineOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 1053
PostPosted: 21-02-2011 14:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we have to seperate "UFOs" from "Aliens." Nowadays the concept that life exists elsewhere in the universe isn't really up for discussion, it's just a given in most science circles. However, the idea that this life is intelligent and visits us is the real question.

I loved Ronald Regans experience the best. You've got Hawking talking about numbers and stuff but Regan asking the pilot to chase the UFO and then getting all excited about telling his wife all about it gives it a real human element!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Ufology All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: