Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
IHTM-a-likes
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> It Happened to Me!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeaferneOffline
Defrost indoors
Total posts: 4785
PostPosted: 12-05-2006 19:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shadowlands site has some gems but yes, I agree that too many of them seem to be written by kids taking the piss, or else are simply the "Grampy came back to say goodbye/I heard footsteps" sort of tale, which can be spooky but is too common to be really interesting IMO. I also desperately wish they'd edit/proofread the submissions before they went up; I do a lot of scrolling on the rare occasions I visit because I can't be arsed trying to wade through a lot of gobbledygook.
evilcupcakesOffline
Dark Goddess of Kitsch
Total posts: 23
PostPosted: 24-07-2006 07:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE OTHER REALLY ANNOYING THING ABOUT MANY OF THESE SITES IS THE RAMPANT USE OF CAPS LOCK AND LACK OF PUNCTUATION LIKE EVERY SINGLE WORD THEY ARE SAYING IS SO IMPORTANT AND SCARY IT MUST BE SCREAMED AT YOU TO GET YOUR ATTENTION!

LOL

That's one of the things I like about this forum, it tends to be a little more mature and have a slightly lower BS level than most.

My question is, what do you guys look for in a forum like this? Just curious what other's criteria for a good paranormal IHTM style site would be. Are there certain topics ro styles of participation you prefer?

FYI, the TAPS site from the guys on Ghosthunters can be pretty cool, but you have to register first (it's free).
http://www.taps18forum.com/
escargot1Offline
Total posts: 18742
PostPosted: 24-07-2006 08:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone from here had a nice site for a while, with great IHTM-type stories, and I sent quite a few of mine there. It's gone now, unfortunately.
decipheringscarsOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 499
PostPosted: 15-08-2006 00:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a thread on ghosts currently on a discussion board about Detroit. Don't know how long it'll be there, but for now, people here might enjoy some good stories:

http://atdetroit.net/forum/messages/5/78553.html?1155597896

which is from
http://detroityes.com/frameset-forum.htm
sixty10Offline
Jingle jingle....
Total posts: 154
PostPosted: 31-07-2010 13:18    Post subject: Curious things Reply with quote

Ello,

This is an IHTM-alike on a very small scale, but this summer, on my blog I'm curating a series of Forteanish stories from people I know. It's called 'Curious Things' and it's here:
http://www.orbyn.co.uk/?cat=361

You can even submit your own, if you wish (and oh my I know you have a bunch of doozies).

Please excuse the pimp-out, but I am a very small pimp and it's not for profit or owt - just an interesting fing to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> It Happened to Me! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: