Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Things that make you go... WTF!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 312, 313, 314  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mighty_EmperorOffline
Divine Wind
Total posts: 19943
PostPosted: 30-04-2006 01:13    Post subject: Things that make you go... WTF!! Reply with quote

So a thread for things that might make you go hmmmmm

or:

Shocked

or even:

wtf

I'll go first:

You Cannot Fart Around With Love

Not just strange but a jolly fine sentiment too.
graylien
Great Old One
PostPosted: 30-04-2006 09:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thor (THE ROCK WARRIOR!):

Devastation of Musculation

Thor goes to Vegas and destroys not only a rather mediocre song by The Sweet but also a hot water bottle:

Piece of the Action
MythopoeikaOffline
I am a meat popsicle
Total posts: 10439
PostPosted: 30-04-2006 09:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Thor still blowing up hot water bottles these days?
Gads, he must have ruined his lungs by now...

Edit: I watched that video - it looked so cheesy, like a really bad strip show... Rolling Eyes
emmbobOffline
queef nugget and
Total posts: 226
PostPosted: 30-04-2006 10:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't watch it all the way through.... he was so spectacular it made my eyes hurt.
AvlinWitchslicerOffline
Happiness is a packet of bourbons
Total posts: 363
Location: Body in Yeovil, the mind could be anywhere! Plus I have a holiday home on Oa
PostPosted: 30-04-2006 14:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robbie Williams, I hated him anyway but my brother wants to be him so my hate is now in another league as well as thinking wtf
JamesWhiteheadOffline
Piffle Prospector
Total posts: 6206
PostPosted: 30-04-2006 17:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is someone laying claim to the throne from a flat in Crumpsall!

Descendent of Churchill? WTF! Shocked
rynner
PostPosted: 30-04-2006 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect we've all encountered people on mobile phones saying
"Hi! I'm on the bus!"

Tonight I experienced this, but then I realised the caller was gesticulating through the bus window....

He was talking to a cab driver in the taxi rank, just ten yards away!
wtf indeed!
disgruntledgothOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 350
PostPosted: 01-05-2006 10:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother makes me go wtf He is a chav and tries to act all hard and tough, and tries to do the whole chest out I'm bigger than you intimidation thing then as soon as you step towards or poke him in the ribs (honestly) he starts whining. He also is very slow when it comes to telling him a joke, I was watching Monty Pythons Amazing Flying Circus and there was the old joke of "I don't like all this sex on T.V, I keep falling off" and for half an hour he was telling me to explain the joke to him then he shouts out "I get it", the proceeds to explain the joke to me. He just generally makes me go w.t.f.
graylien
Great Old One
PostPosted: 01-05-2006 11:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently compiling a series of clips from the Ninja movies of Godfrey Ho. An important task, I'm sure you'll agree. In the meantime, know this:

Charles is Here

(Format: Wmv, Size: 2.6MB)
Mighty_EmperorOffline
Divine Wind
Total posts: 19943
PostPosted: 01-05-2006 14:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

graylien wrote:
I'm currently compiling a series of clips from the Ninja movies of Godfrey Ho. An important task, I'm sure you'll agree. [/url]

(Format: Wmv, Size: 2.6MB)

I congratulate you on this endeavour. The Garfield phone, tiny robots and knives stucking out ot (unhamed) crabs - and thats just The Ninja Terminator (or was it Ninja Squad?)!!

Can I direct you to this discussion on who Ho is (you may need to be registerd):

http://hkmdb.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=42261
AvlinWitchslicerOffline
Location: Body in Yeovil, the mind could be anywhere! Plus I have a holiday home on Oa
PostPosted: 01-05-2006 18:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes people on their mobile phones make me go wtf all the time, from hearing an Aussie in 2001 when I went to London for a visit, on the tube saying to people beside her (after saying "Hello, are you there" into her mobile for a minute) "My phone's not working, why isn't it working"....then it rang and went on and off in the same cycle a few times....one, was she really that stupid, and two didn't she realise that you don't talk on the tube....at all?!? She might've lived in London because most pubs I've been in there had an Aussie lol.
The other time was on the train from Temple Meads to Parkway and this annoying girl wouldn't shut the **** up at all, she's was blah,blah,blah all the time and then I noticed her leg was in plaster and then I started hearing her voice rather than a noise "Yeah we were playing rugby and they lifted me up in the lineout and just dropped me, yeah it's happened before...." I'm not bloody surprised!! So that added to the fact that I was going to a swanky hotel (well sneaking in) where my girlfriend was staying for work made my day!!
Oh yeah, people who go into the town centre and stop to chat in big groups and take up the whole of the pavement, it's a "shopping centre" so get out of my way (I go into the centre on when I have to and don't want any detours) if you want to chat do it on the road....and finally for this time I have to put....adverts for chocolate, do they ever, EVER, convince anyone who wouldn't eat chocolate to suddenly start now, you see a 7 stone woman eating chocolate, does anyone think that she eats it in real life?!? I think half my life I'm thinking wtf Shocked Cool
MercuryCrestOffline
The Severed Head Of A
Total posts: 875
PostPosted: 01-05-2006 19:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

wtf
The other day I was crossing a not-busy street, with the walk signal clearly in front of me and some guy, while I was a foot in front of his car, deliberately starts moving forward, against the light, against the traffic, against all reason, and then, suddenly, against my leg. The second his car touched me he noticed that I was standing right in front of him, staring. Just staring. I then saw the cellphone in his left hand. What I wouldn't give to have had the balls to pull him out of his car and try to run him over. God, what a douche!
AvlinWitchslicerOffline
PostPosted: 01-05-2006 19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah the other thing I noticed in London was that more than once a mother wanting to cross a busy road would stick her pushchair with her kid in onto the road to try to stop the cars! Look love, if you're that desperate to cross over stick yourself in the road and not your kid wtf
svartOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 101
PostPosted: 02-05-2006 04:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was watching the morning news and they were covering the funeral of the first Aussie killed in Iraq, (there is still an investigation into the circumstances) also the wrong body was originally sent to Australia. Anyway the newsreader crossed to the reporter covering the funeral with the comment "There seems to be a sombre mood over the town. Do you think the events of the past week might have someting to do with it?"

Shot of reporter with a WTF look on his face. "I'd think that was fairly obvious....."
AvlinWitchslicerOffline
PostPosted: 02-05-2006 12:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you get the feeling that newsreaders try to cover 3 stories in their head at once and just don't listen to what the reporter's saying, like when someone's talking to you on the phone but they're trying to watch the tv at the same time. People are a bit tactless at times when it's "just a death" rather than someone they know who's died, when I see my Gran for my fortnightly visit she often opens up with "You want a cuppa tea? Guess who's died?" but I love her anyway...lol...I've also noticed that people don't like to queue as much as before, you ask if someone's at the end of the bus queue and they look at you as if you've just murdered their favourite puppy, blimey I'm not pushing in, I'm making sure that I don't!! Plus it's usually a dozen people on a 52 seater coach, I don't think we'll be sitting 3 to a seat like my schooldays.... Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 312, 313, 314  Next
Page 1 of 314

Jump to: