Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
US still sizing Iran up?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Conspiracy - general
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mighty_EmperorOffline
Divine Wind
Total posts: 19943
PostPosted: 09-05-2006 16:30    Post subject: US still sizing Iran up? Reply with quote

And on with the discussion in a new thread (as the previous one was getting too unwieldy):

Previous thread:

US sizing Iran up?
www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19950

If you want to continue a general depleted uranium discussion then can I direct you here instead:

www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25793
morningstar667Offline
Small brown and green thing-may be a vermeer
Total posts: 280
PostPosted: 09-05-2006 22:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres a link to the full text of President Ahmadinejad's letter to Dubya

http://www.irna.ir/en/news/view/line-22/0605094639235358.htm
crunchy5Offline
Great Old One
Total posts: 1951
PostPosted: 10-05-2006 10:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a nice piece on the may be upcoming war

http://www.politicalcortex.com/story/2006/5/10/0338/73752

Quote:
Alice In America Email Print

By BobHiggins
05/10/2006 12:03:38 AM EST
My Golly, where to begin?

Let's start with a Secretary of Defense who uses the expression "my golly," or "gee willikers." I did a Yahoo search for this term and Donald Rumsfeld's name was in the first ten results. Jumpin' Jehosephat who is writing this script, Lewis Carroll?

What rabbit hole have we entered, what twisted hall of mirrors are we trapped in and how do we come down from this psychedelic trip that we seem to be on.

My golly, the buzz I'm hearing and reading is that we're going to war. Yes, I know, we already have two wars going, but they are so unfulfilling aren't they, bogged down as we are, three years after we accomplished our mission in Afghanistan and made Kabul nearly safe for the foreign press and killed or captured most of a deck of cards in Iraq and hired Halliburton to build us a house of cards which is falling down around us.

Don't you draw the queen of diamonds, boy
She'll beat you if she's able
The queen of hearts is always your best bet

Our criminally insane President and his Vice Madman along with a large percentage of the senior inmates of this carnival administration are poised to go to war with Iran, Russia, China and anyone else who dares to stand in the way of their delusional lust for power, religious dominion and corporate control of the world's resources.
altusnexOffline
Grey
Total posts: 14
PostPosted: 11-05-2006 12:58    Post subject: the spOILs of war Reply with quote

So long as Iran threatens to open a major world oil exchange trading in Euros they are a target. The US economy is supported on a worthless dollar backed by nothing. The US owes everybody money in real terms. If China and Russia and the other oil importers suddenly don't need to hold massive cash reserves in dollars to buy oil then the hollow currency will flood back into the United States as the world dumps it and it becomes worthless. Bang goes the US economy.

So long as Iran is the second most prolific producer of oil and gas they are a target - for oilman & oilpuppet Bush and the other Oil cronies in his regime. (Rice had an Exxon tanker named after her but they changed the name just before the oilwars kicked off.)

So long as Iran openly opposes Israel they are a target. Check out the Zionists in the Bush regime.
Mighty_EmperorOffline
Divine Wind
Total posts: 19943
PostPosted: 12-05-2006 01:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do wonder if Iran are the ones who stuk the "Kick me" sign on their own backs Shocked

Then again this is funny and given American's popularity in the region it could be a nice litle earner:

Quote:
'Great Satan Park' planned

10/05/2006 11:24 - (SA)

Tehran - The former US embassy in Tehran could soon see a new chapter in its troubled history, with a top Iranian commander calling for the downtown compound to be turned into a "Great Satan Park".

"We would be able to nicely show off the American crimes to citizens strolling in the park," General Mir-Faisal Bagherzadeh told the official news agency IRNA.

"The former American Den of Spies should become the park of Great Satan," said the general, who heads the Sacred Defence Foundation - an influential propaganda body set up to commemorate the 1980-88 Iran-Iraq war.

Following Iran's Islamic revolution in 1979 that toppled the US-backed shah, the former US embassy was seized by Islamist students and 52 of its staff were taken hostages for 444 days.

The prime city centre property is now used for military training by Iran's powerful ideological army, the Revolutionary Guards, while the main building also serves as a museum to display the "documents of American espionage and crimes against the Islamic Republic of Iran".

www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,,2-10-1462_1930302,00.html
morningstar667Offline
Small brown and green thing-may be a vermeer
Total posts: 280
PostPosted: 12-05-2006 17:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn! There's no rides. Laughing
IggoreOffline
Customize This !!!
Total posts: 530
PostPosted: 13-05-2006 02:14    Post subject: Re: the spOILs of war Reply with quote

altusnex wrote:
So long as Iran threatens to open a major world oil exchange trading in Euros they are a target. The US economy is supported on a worthless dollar backed by nothing. The US owes everybody money in real terms. If China and Russia and the other oil importers suddenly don't need to hold massive cash reserves in dollars to buy oil then the hollow currency will flood back into the United States as the world dumps it and it becomes worthless. Bang goes the US economy.

So long as Iran is the second most prolific producer of oil and gas they are a target - for oilman & oilpuppet Bush and the other Oil cronies in his regime. (Rice had an Exxon tanker named after her but they changed the name just before the oilwars kicked off.)

So long as Iran openly opposes Israel they are a target. Check out the Zionists in the Bush regime.

Oh, I've never heard those point of views before, and honestly, they sound very interesting, to me at least. Can you please elaborate on them?
coldelephant
PostPosted: 13-05-2006 09:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

morningstar667 wrote:
Darn! There's no rides. Laughing

Yeah - and how will it compare to that 'Jesus Land' theme park in Israel?

No bread and smoked salmon then?

No walking on water sports?
crunchy5Offline
Great Old One
PostPosted: 13-05-2006 17:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's something pointing to a quick start. I hope the warprofiteers don't screw the world cup up Evil or Very Mad

http://tinyurl.com/qb4c5

Quote:
Concern is building among the military and the intelligence community that the US may be preparing for a military strike on Iran, as military assets in key positions are approaching readiness, RAW STORY has learned.

According to military and intelligence sources, an air strike on Iran could be doable in June of this year, with military assets in key positions ready to go and a possible plan already on the table.

Speculation has been growing on a possible air strike against Iran. But with the failure of the Bush administration to present a convincing case to the UN Security Council and to secure political backing domestically, some experts say the march toward war with Iran is on pause barring an "immediate need."

"In March/April of this year [the US] was pushing for quick closure, a thirty day window," says a source close to the UN Security Council, describing efforts by the Administration to "shore up enough support" to get a UN Chapter 7 resolution
tonyblair11
PostPosted: 13-05-2006 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

How come you did'nt quote who they quoted?

Monday, January 03, 2005
Col. Sam Gardiner: Everyone is a liar but me.
Oh no. Not another one. AirFarce again. Sigh. Another House Colonel for the Moonbat Left.

Everyone, meet Col. Gardiner.

At first glance, he looks respectful. He has taught strategy and military operations at the National War College, AirWar College, and Naval War College. He was recently a visiting scholar at the Swedish Defense College. You start to wonder though when his own Papers start to brag that he is a regular on NPR, BBC, and the LA Times. Mmmmmm.

Did I just type Swedish War College? Ehhhh?

Just when you thought he was gone, he is back. This time his take is 'Everyone should be as pouty as I am.'

"I am amazed that it is not greater," says retired Air Force Col. Sam Gardiner. "The war continues to go badly. Their equipment is in bad shape. Supply problems continue. Tours are extended. Many are on a second or third deployment to a combat zone. I would expect a louder voice."

No Colonel, not everyone enjoys a good bitch-fest like you. We have a war to fight, sir.

Impressed? Well I'm not. I guess this is his new line of attack being that his previous one of "Lies, lies" didn't get him the book deal he wanted.

Oh, lets review. His "Lies, lies" Opus follows. Perhaps, but with pompous-ass title of “Truth From These Podia” that states,

“I thought about calling it ‘Apparatus of Lies’…”

it just becomes way too much. Maybe we shouldn't, but why not. You just want to say, Colonel, we are at war; a war like no other we have fought. Look where you are expending your professional ammunition, your: nation’s; military.

Huh?

Read it if you like, but I can give you the knee-board summary, in audio format.

Oh, sorry. That was Police Detective Thorn.

Sam’s take is more like “Everyone lied. Everyone but me lies!!! It’s all lies!!! Lies!!! YEEHHHHARRRGGGHHHH!!!”

But wait, there is more. They like him a lot at The Left Coaster, Democracy Now, and of course our friends at Al Jazeerah.

I’m willing to cut the good Colonel a break, but geeee wizzzzz, enough of the bitter-boy Monday morning quarterbacking. Not everyone makes Flag buddy, and no one is perfect. To expect perfection out of others when you don’t have it yourself is the peak of hypocrisy. Attacking your country while it is engaged in war is another word.

To quote him on one of his little NPR interviews:

“Let’s not have casualties. Let’s hope this thing somehow finds a solution. I don’t hear anybody with a solution.”

Well, I don’t hear one from you. Either offer solutions, or shut up and wait for victory. You know the history of war, and you know that your words are a comfort to those that would do our country harm. I wish you would focus your expertise on ways to attack and destroy the enemy, not make a living out of doing the same to those that are trying to win on your behalf.

Balance sir, balance. You don’t have it.

Col. Sam Gardiner, U.S. AirFarce (Ret.), congratulations, you are the next addition to the Wall of Shame.

Hat tip Bunker Mulligan.

// posted by CDR Salamander @ 19:59

Since you used a far left site, I thought it would be fair to cite a righty site. Razz

http://cdrsalamander.blogspot.com/2005/01/col-sam-gardiner-everyone-is-liar-but.html
crunchy5Offline
Great Old One
PostPosted: 14-05-2006 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

More news on the build up to war no doubt supported by the chicken-hawks.

http://www.iranian.ws/iran_news/publish/article_15578.shtml

Activity on the 450 kilometer long border is gradually increasing. Tehran radio also recorded that the US aircrafts reconnaissance flights could also be seen from villages along the border.

According to reports on Turkish news channel CNN Turk, Acting Iranian Interior Minister Mohammed Bakir Zulkadir also confirmed the border activity and said they are closely monitoring the situation.

The US administration, however, announced they increased the troops stationed at the border as a security measure since the insurgent's smuggle stocks weapons into Iraq from Iran.

Meanwhile, both Turkey and the US have reportedly agreed to collaborate on the Iran and Syria issues. According to the Turkish official based news posted on the Middle East Newsline website, the US sought Turkey's assistance on intelligence gathering on Syria and Iran.

Accordingly, it was claimed, Turkey "moved in harmony with the US in the operational phase" after the monitoring.

US Defense Department officials are reportedly conducting talks over the use of Turkey as a base for a military operation in the Middle East.
crunchy5Offline
Great Old One
PostPosted: 15-05-2006 07:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some good faction on the build up and attack

http://newswire.indymedia.org/en/2006/05/839133.shtml

Quote:

By late February 2006, military brass following mostly voice instructions from the NCA were growing uneasy. Neither inspired nor reassured by Donald Rumsfeld’s performance as an amateur armchair general, the bean counters became increasingly concerned when ordered to tally more bullets than beans. This skew in the logistics train indicated some kind of assault or invasion was in the offing, with enough ammunition available to take and hold defended ground.

A flurry of interrogatives peppering the Pentagon grew into a sustained barrage when war planners were told to prepare their own in-theater resupply depots and fueling capabilities.

Why do we need to ship fuel into Iraq, and prepare to airdrop big fuel bladders to troops on the ground, they wanted to know, when substantial ammunition and fuel depots were already secured in a country containing the world’s second biggest oil reserves.

“Shut up and do it,” the professional warriors were told by National Command Authority.

“Do what exactly?” company commanders began asking battalion HQ.

Battalion went to division, division commanders contacted their superiors…and eventually an avalanche of objections fell on the heads of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

The JCS is headed by General Richard B. Myers, the man rewarded with command over all US forces after failing to launch routine (more-than-once-weekly) intercept scrambles, or re-route fighters already airborne within easy flying distance of Manhattan and Washington DC on the morning of September 11, 2001. [AFD The Politics of Mass Persuasion; Stand Down; Day Of Deception (June 2006) – by William Thomas]

Then as now, answers were not immediately forthcoming.

By the end of February 2006, retired generals with careers no longer at risk began going more ballistic than ICBMs cooking off in their silos. According to sources inside the Pentagon and close to the JCS, their logic and comments went roughly like this:

“You’re not even telling your own troops where you’re going to deploy them. How stupid is that? If they don’t know the terrain, how can they arrange appropriate transport?

“How can medical facilities know whether to prepare for wounds by bullets, chemicals, or nuclear flash burns? Besides, all necessary material for combat operations in Iraq is already in country.”

Once again, the White House told the commanding officers involved in this unpublicized mobilization: “Shut up and do what you’re told.”

But staff officers are capable of reading newspapers, as well as orders. They started “putting two and two together” my source reported, when headline news began reporting threats from National Command Authority to invade and/or nuke Iran over its legitimate intentions to build nuclear power plants for its rapidly growing and modernizing citizenry.
tonyblair11
PostPosted: 15-05-2006 07:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opinions are:

1.Most of the reps and dems that voted to go into Iraq will vote no to take action.

2.The general public does not want more war.

3.It is an election year.

I could be wrong, but, I feel like there are way to many reasons why we shouldn't and why it's a bad idea. Unless we or our allies suffer a direct major unprovoked attack. Then all hell would break loose. Monster nooo
crunchy5Offline
Great Old One
PostPosted: 15-05-2006 08:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonyblair11 wrote:
My opinions are:

1.Most of the reps and dems that voted to go into Iraq will vote no to take action.

2.The general public does not want more war.

3.It is an election year.

I could be wrong, but, I feel like there are way to many reasons why we shouldn't and why it's a bad idea. Unless we or our allies suffer a direct major unprovoked attack. Then all hell would break loose. Monster nooo

Agree with all your points, that's why I worry about a Tonkin Gulf Incident type of affair, the bourse seems to me to be the thing to watch. If the Iranians can be persuaded to hold off on that, on a do it and we'll fu*k you up basis it might give the UK time to join the Euro and stave off the economic turmoil that a falling $ and a war would entail.
coldelephant
PostPosted: 15-05-2006 11:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

crunchy5 wrote:

Agree with all your points, that's why I worry about a Tonkin Gulf Incident type of affair, the bourse seems to me to be the thing to watch. If the Iranians can be persuaded to hold off on that, on a do it and we'll fu*k you up basis it might give the UK time to join the Euro and stave off the economic turmoil that a falling $ and a war would entail.

I gather from the 'New Labour and the Fiddly Kiddlers' thread that unless the UK obeys what the US says and supports it then they will expose all of the peodophiles in the UK government and show that New Labour tried to cover it all up.

If true...then we are in for a long wait for New Labour to get the hell out.

Wonder if this story was concocted by the Tories or if they know about it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Conspiracy - general All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 1 of 48

Jump to: