Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
The Enfield Poltergeist
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Ghosts - Poltergeists and entities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gncxxOffline
King-Size Canary
Total posts: 13096
PostPosted: 07-10-2012 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

sherbetbizarre wrote:
On BBC4 tonight, repeated during the week, and on BBC's Watch Now for a few days is Top of the Pops from 1st Sept, 1977. This would have aired the day after Enfield case broke out, but sadly doesn't feature any of Janet's favourites from her bedroom wall!

Quote:
Tony Blackburn looks at the weekly pop chart from 1977 and introduces Hudson Ford, Elvis Costello, Joe Dolan, David Essex, Steve Gibbons Band, Elkie Brooks, the Dooleys, Nazareth, Yvonne Elliman, the Jacksons, Mink de Ville, Candi Staton and a Legs & Co dance sequence.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01n3xlj

It does, you know: Legs & Co danced to David Soul's Silver Lady (while dressed as silver ladies, of course). He was about to go to number one, as well.
sherbetbizarreOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 1813
PostPosted: 08-10-2012 10:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha - good spot! I haven't got around to watching this myself yet Smile
oldroverOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 2227
PostPosted: 10-11-2013 16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

At a loss as for a book to take for a night away, grabbed 'This House is Haunted'. I must say I'm surprised at what heavy going it is.
titchagainOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 140
PostPosted: 10-11-2013 17:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

In what way? i found it very readable but a lot of the events tend to repeat themselves.
I would like to read it again but loaned it to an acquaintance last summer.... Evil or Very Mad
oldroverOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 2227
PostPosted: 10-11-2013 20:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just find it really clunky and hard to get through. In all fairness though he does say that it's a hard read at the beginning.

I'm sorry you've lost your copy, they're getting hard to come by these days. I almost lost mine at one time, but worked out who had it and got it back.
EponastillOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 239
PostPosted: 25-09-2014 17:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been watching this interesting little documentary with Maurice Grosse, it's from Video Diary 'Ghostbuster - the Real Thing' (1996). But it seems to be missing the end...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OY8CAVNAnA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXRZwyhqXr8
He talks to the sister and mother in the Enfield case. And also explains why unfortunate personal circumstances got him interested in the supernatural in the first place.

The poster to youtube (EnfieldPoltergeist) has other videos and links about the case too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Ghosts - Poltergeists and entities All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
Page 20 of 20

Jump to: