Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Titanic Madness!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> General Forteana
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevin_latchOffline
Grey
Total posts: 11
PostPosted: 26-01-2007 12:01    Post subject: Titanic Madness!! Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

This just arrived in my inbox; never heard of the guy who has sent it to me but I thought I would pass it on to you all for your reading pleasure...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have come to a terrifying conclusion; THERE ARE PEOPLE STILL ALIVE TRAPPED ABOARD THE TITANIC!!!

Consider, if you will, the undeniable evidence:

1) Video taken by submersibles that have visited the wreck show that that The Titanic has not broken up but is in one piece; this means that the ship is water-tight.

2) Any survivors of the tragedy would have no doubt used their Edwardian ingenuity and constructed an air filtration device to allow the circulation of breathable air throughout the ship.

3) When The Titanic sank there were 7,000 people aboard; if only a handful of them survived the catastrophe there would be enough food and water on board the ship to last them for generations!

4) This is possibly the most disturbing evidence; there is fully documented accounts of ships receiving a bizarre SOS message when crossing the Atlantic sea at the point were The Titanic sank. Everytime, the message is the same; “We are the survivors of RMS Titanic, trapped aboard the ship on the ocean bed-if anybody can here us, for God's sake help us”!!!

Right now, there are people trapped on The Titanic who have been born aboard the ship, and have never seen the light of day and know nothing of the outside world!!

I believe that we have a moral duty to help these poor souls and I am raising funds to attempt a rescue mission; anyone wishing to discuss this with me should contact me via this Newsgroup.

Ian LaSalle

Ian_s786@yahoo.co.uk
ramonmercadoOffline
Psycho Punk
Total posts: 21842
PostPosted: 26-01-2007 12:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, sounds like the plot of Goliath Awaits. Ship sinkls, 40 years later, survivors live on. It was a TV film.
placeholderOffline
Yeti
Total posts: 95
PostPosted: 26-01-2007 12:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cuckoo!

what a morbid thought Shocked

anyone else ever heard anything about morse code signals in the area?

I once knew a guy who was obsessed with the Titanic, Russian history and Karen Carpenter. I think the Titanic, like Elvis, attracts weirdos.
ramonmercadoOffline
Psycho Punk
Total posts: 21842
PostPosted: 26-01-2007 12:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1939. Its 3 days after war is declared on England. Out in the Atlantic, the new superliner, Goliath, steams towards America with 1,860 passengers aboard. Suddenly, a U-boat torpedo hits her port side. The ship sinks quickly with all hands presumed lost.
1981. Onboard a research ship, led by scientist Peter Cabot (Mark Harmon) the sonar picks up something very large below. The divers descend and find it to be the long lost Goliath. As Cabot swims along the side, he starts to hear tapping, coming from inside, accompanied by music. Just when it couldn't get weirder, a port hole opens and a beautiful young girl peers out!
Admiral Wiley Sloan (Eddie Albert) doesn't buy Cabot's story, but sets up a joint British/American expedition to the ship, in hopes of finding and destroying top secret papers, on its way to President Roosevelt in 1939.
When the team goes in through the torpedo hole, they see light above! Upon breaching the surface, they discover that 337 survivors and descendents have lived for over 40 years in an air bubble utopian existence!
The group is ruled by the mysterious Mr McKenzie, who may have other plans when the outsiders tell them the plan to rescue them from Goliath.
Filmed all over the Queen Mary, in Long Beach, California, and utilizing footage from "Gentleman Prefer Blondes"&"The Last Voyage" this movie was shown in 2 parts, as part of ABC's Operation Prime Time on November 16 &17th, 1981. The movie has been released on VHS and Laserdisc in a shabby 110 minute version, as opposed to its original 3 hour running time.
This movie is a must for ocean liner enthusiasts, and action movie lovers! Try to find the original version.

http://www.jimusnr.com/GoliathAwaits.html
PlagueRiderOffline
Afro-plated Abomination
Total posts: 258
PostPosted: 26-01-2007 17:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was definitely deserves a big fat wtf

As if people will still be alive on the Titanic after 95 years..... unless they all turned cannibal.
gncxxOffline
King-Size Canary
Total posts: 13231
PostPosted: 26-01-2007 17:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure I've read this story before, especially the radio message from the survivors bit. I've never seen the Goliath Awaits miniseries, by the way.
gncxxOffline
King-Size Canary
Total posts: 13231
PostPosted: 26-01-2007 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

PlagueRider wrote:
This was definitely deserves a big fat wtf

As if people will still be alive on the Titanic after 95 years..... unless they all turned cannibal.

Yeah, but the survivors, feeding on passing fish, could have had offspring.
Timble2Offline
Imaginary person
Total posts: 5360
PostPosted: 26-01-2007 18:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also the premise of the novel The Watch Below, by James White.

Quote:
The setting for this story is a W.W.II tanker which is sunk, but which finds zero buoyancy below the surface due to a trapped air pocket, where a few have survived. At the same time an Alien race heads for Earth, where they become unlikely saviours. This book is considered by many to be James's finest work.

It's a very good story, though it's yonks since I read it
Mighty_EmperorOffline
Divine Wind
Total posts: 19440
PostPosted: 27-01-2007 02:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slightly parallels and upcoming comic:

www.gutsville.com/about.html
marslightOffline
Total posts: 140
PostPosted: 27-01-2007 04:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. Dis amazing story has come to de attention of de Nigerian Navy, and I would like to offer you de opportunity to assist in funding de forthcoming rescue attempt by de Navy to save de poor Christian peoples on de Titanic and to salvage de zillions of pounds sterling on de ship. A small donation on your part to help defray de costs of dis operation will insure a sizeable return as your part of de salvage recovery.

Please send a generous cheque to Nigerian Navy Officers' Retirement and Liquor Fund, box 99, Lagos, Nigeria.

God bless you.
JamesWhiteheadOnline
Piffle Prospector
Total posts: 5754
PostPosted: 27-01-2007 05:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

no-no

nonplus

wince

laughing

rofl
rjmrjmrjmOffline
Professional Surrealist
Total posts: 1385
PostPosted: 27-01-2007 09:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

he he, strange people.
synchronicityOffline
Resistance is futile!
Total posts: 171
PostPosted: 27-01-2007 09:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like our friend Ian LaSalle has found himself a winner. Laughing

Wonder how many innocents he'll manage to hoodwink with this desperate rescue appeal??

I can just see the dollars (American, Canadian, Australian), the pounds sterling, the euros, the francs, the...well, all kinds of money pouring in from all over the globe.

All to rescue those poor, poor great-great-grandchildren of Rose and Jack left behind on Titanic--as filmed by James Cameron.

LOL!!!
stunevilleOnline
Admin
Total posts: 8617
PostPosted: 27-01-2007 10:27    Post subject: Re: Titanic Madness!! Reply with quote

This is ace Smile.
Quote:
....Consider, if you will, the undeniable evidence:

1) Video taken by submersibles that have visited the wreck show that that The Titanic has not broken up but is in one piece; this means that the ship is water-tight.
No it isn't, it broke in half. And is now in quite a few big drifty bits a mile or two down.
Quote:
2) Any survivors of the tragedy would have no doubt used their Edwardian ingenuity and constructed an air filtration device to allow the circulation of breathable air throughout the ship.
..cos they'd have had plenty of time to do that, wouldn't they? I'm sure it would have been a cake-walk, especially as the rapidly sinking, freezing-cold-salt-water filled hulk was jam-packed with the foremost engineers of the day, complete with their equipment.
Quote:

3) When The Titanic sank there were 7,000 people aboard..
No, there weren't. There were about 2,300 aboard, and about 700 odd were rescued.
Quote:
...if only a handful of them survived the catastrophe there would be enough food and water on board the ship to last them for generations!
No, there wouldn't. Much of it was fresh food in cold storage. Besides, a lot of it would probably be in a different bit of sunken wreck to the handful of survivors. Mind you, what with all that Edwardian ingenuity I'm sure they'd soon work out a way of nipping out along the sea bed to get some milk.
Quote:
4) This is possibly the most disturbing evidence; there is fully documented accounts of ships receiving a bizarre SOS message when crossing the Atlantic sea at the point were The Titanic sank. Everytime, the message is the same; “We are the survivors of RMS Titanic, trapped aboard the ship on the ocean bed-if anybody can here us, for God's sake help us”!!!
Have there? No, I haven't heard of this either. That's H-E-A-R-D, by the way, not H-E-R-E-D. Edwardian ingenuity never stretched to a spell-checker, then?
Quote:
Right now, there are people trapped on The Titanic who have been born aboard the ship, and have never seen the light of day and know nothing of the outside world!!
Actually, there's a few like that on here, but they weren't born in the Titanic AFAIK...
Quote:
I believe that we have a moral duty to help these poor souls and I am raising funds to attempt a rescue mission...
oh, are you now? What a nice chap.

I'll hold yer coat.
Anome_Offline
Faceless Man
Total posts: 4920
PostPosted: 27-01-2007 10:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

But don't hold your breath.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> General Forteana All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: