Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Al Qaeda works for the CIA..why shouldn't I believe this?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Conspiracy - The War on Terror
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous
PostPosted: 15-10-2004 15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

A handful of cowboys on horses are able to drive hundreds of head of cattle, each one weighing over a ton, for hundreds of miles, simply by cracking a whip. A well-trained sheep-dog is able to control and drive hundreds of sheep to places they don't want to go. One school teacher is able to extract obedience from 30 odd teenaged boys by means of a raised eyebrow or tone of voice. Similarly, a few hundred half wits are able to control six billion people by keeping them in a permanent state of fear.

Fear; that's how they exert control. Fear of god. Fear of the debil. Fear of death. Fear of other religions, other nations. Fear of nazis. Fear of communism. Fear of 'anthrax'. Fear of 'terrorists'. Fear of suicide bombers. Fear of Hussein. Fear of Osama. Fear of Al Q. Keep the useless-eaters in a constant state of fear. Fear of mad-cow. Fear of West Nile Virus. Fear of drugs.

It's amazing there isn't a computer game called simply 'Fear', which allows those of sadistic tendencies (or those who wish to develop them) to recreate the games being played right this minute by today's evil-cabal; Bush, Blair, Cheyney, Mossad, all the 'secret service' goons, the mass media ghouls, etc. Maybe such a game should be developed for use by children as young as four years of age. That way, by the time they're six or seven, they will remain unperturbed by the TV news, will see right through it unlike their elders, will not be plunged into chronic depression and self-harm like their current-day older siblings. Instead, the wised-up children of the world, having cut their milk-teeth on the 'fear factor', will stare down the fear-mongers, will be immune to the machinations of those few half-wit cowboys currently 'rounding up' the world's populations. Well, they might even storm the bunkers of Bush and Blair psychopaths, toss them on the back of a flat-bed truck and send them careening through the country to be pelted with whatever rotten substance comes most easily to hand. Now that's something I'd enjoy watching.
KondoruOffline
Unfeathered Biped
Total posts: 5372
PostPosted: 15-10-2004 16:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I wasnt fooled.

But then I have studied philosophy and critical thinking.
brianellwoodOffline
MAD HATTER
Total posts: 721
PostPosted: 15-10-2004 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Fear of the debil.

Exactly, He's responsible for all of it! And I'm an Atheist. It seems We have to have some-one to direct our fear and spite at.
Once when I was a kid I was approached by a nutter bearing a huge cross from which hung a banner declaring the "End of the World is Nigh". He was foaming at the mouth and shouting exortations in the name of God against Jews, muslims and sinners like myself. When I asked him when that would happen he shouted "Next week!"
Well, I'm still here... and I find from the vantage point of my august years Wink that nothing is simple and as clear cut as we are often led to believe. There are many dis-enchanted people who form groups against whatever they see as injust and will use violence to attempt to persuade the rest of us. The real threat, of course, is the advancement of communications which supposedly allows them to join forces. The govt. banned cb's years ago because it was thought they could be used by criminals and terrorists and it took mass disobedience to get the ban reversed. Today it's the internet which allows the forces of evil to communicate. Of course a huge business has been built up world-wide to intercept these messages. Free communication is a dangerous concept! Best to unite evil under one name, an amorphous enemy is difficult to rally the fight against!!
waitewOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 312
PostPosted: 26-05-2007 07:04    Post subject: Al Quaeda works for the CIA..why shouldn't I believe this? Reply with quote

Considering everything Al Quaeda does seems to benifit certain elements of the US government & certain US corporations... from 911, providing an excuse for invading Afganistan & thus providing a route for pipelines for Caspian Basin oil/gas to profitably reach the west..to the dalily attacks in Iraq which provide an excuse to keep Iraqi oil off the market & thus keep oil prices high, resulting in record profits for both US oil companies & US defence contractors.
Considering the history of Al Quaeda.... created by the CIA to fight the Soviets in Afganistan..& the close relationship between the Bin Ladins & the Bushes....Osama's brother funding 'W's' 1st failed texas oil business,Bush senior being with Osama's brother on 911 & lying about it, The bushes flying the Bin Ladin family out of the USA post 911 when one one else was allowed to fly..to allowing Osama to 'escape ' at Tora Bora.....tell me,why shouldn't i believe that Al Quaeda still works for elements in Washington?
IggoreOffline
Customize This !!!
Total posts: 414
PostPosted: 26-05-2007 07:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al quaeda is a grab-all term used to describe any muslim terrorist groups, mayb it be Bin Laden's operation in afghanistan or two iraqi brothers who decided one fine morning to bomb a school. Its not a cohesive network, its just a bunch of groups who's common thread is terrorism, islam, and more or less common goals. Its not like they work together or answer to a central authority.

As such, no, I dont think thast the CIA as anything to do with all of this beside the funding and sponsoring of mujahideens fighting against the URSS in Afghanistan.

Here's an alternative theory, although this one is boring; international islamic terrorism wasn't caused by the american puppet masters, but by genuine religious fanatisme alone. The folks at the CIA only used it to serve their own ends when they could, much like the British Empire used the arabs when it still had influence in the region, but Al Quaeda still remaine an independant phenomena in its own right.

Last edited by Iggore on 26-05-2007 07:35; edited 1 time in total
waitewOffline
Great Old One
PostPosted: 26-05-2007 07:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok,so what are you saying here?that any muslim who commits a crime that could be considered 'terrorism' is therefore A member..de facto..of Al Quaeda?that's even worse!That means it's an undefined enemy & pretty soon it wont just be dark skinned people or muslims but anybody who commits any crime that they consider 'terrorism'!Sorry,you have got to have a better...more precise definition than that if you wish to steal my civil rights & enslave me!
IggoreOffline
Customize This !!!
Total posts: 414
PostPosted: 26-05-2007 07:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be precise, I meant that some of those who commit terrorism usualy identified themselves with Al Quadea despite having acted alone, perhapes because they feel they contributed to the same cause or whatever.

But yeah, sometimes its just certain medias who interprete every act of terrorism as being orchestrated by Al Quaeda despit having no proof. Its just an attempt to give substance and cohesion to a threatening international movement that real isnt structured.
waitewOffline
Great Old One
PostPosted: 26-05-2007 07:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok,here's another one. Al Quaeda certainly was created by & did work for the CIA.What proof to you have that they don't still?Is it just the word of people who have clearly benefitted from their actions?please give me you're proof?
Jerry_BOffline
Justified and Ancient
Total posts: 8080
PostPosted: 26-05-2007 08:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about proving that Al Q was 'created by the CIA' first?

It's also a moot point that Al Q actually exists at all, and that what's called Al Q is actually various different groups, who perhaps aren't even working from the same remit.
ted_bloody_maulOffline
Justified and Ancient
Total posts: 4592
PostPosted: 26-05-2007 08:51    Post subject: Re: Al Quaeda works for the CIA..why shouldn't I believe thi Reply with quote

waitew wrote:
Considering everything Al Quaeda does seems to benifit certain elements of the US government & certain US corporations... from 911, providing an excuse for invading Afganistan & thus providing a route for pipelines for Caspian Basin oil/gas to profitably reach the west..to the dalily attacks in Iraq which provide an excuse to keep Iraqi oil off the market & thus keep oil prices high, resulting in record profits for both US oil companies & US defence contractors.
Considering the history of Al Quaeda.... created by the CIA to fight the Soviets in Afganistan..& the close relationship between the Bin Ladins & the Bushes....Osama's brother funding 'W's' 1st failed texas oil business,Bush senior being with Osama's brother on 911 & lying about it, The bushes flying the Bin Ladin family out of the USA post 911 when one one else was allowed to fly..to allowing Osama to 'escape ' at Tora Bora.....tell me,why shouldn't i believe that Al Quaeda still works for elements in Washington?

I'm afraid that the majority of examples you've given here don't actually stand up to scrutiny. The claims are often made and repeated but very few of them are actually accurate (the Bin Ladens being flown out when no-one else was allowed to fly, for example). Also the whole issue of who benefits is contentious. If we use that logic there would be a whole host of characters who would be in the frame, most notably Islamic terrorists.
coldelephant
PostPosted: 26-05-2007 15:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iggore wrote:

Al quaeda is a grab-all term used to describe any muslim terrorist groups,

I agree with that - it is a bit of spin as well IMO, don't know who invented it but it was probably suggested to somebody and then it snowballed into mass media.

Iggore wrote:

Here's an alternative theory, although this one is boring; international islamic terrorism wasn't caused by the american puppet masters, but by genuine religious fanatisme alone. The folks at the CIA only used it to serve their own ends when they could, much like the British Empire used the arabs when it still had influence in the region, but Al Quaeda still remaine an independant phenomena in its own right.

I can believe that as well, that the individual groups were found, then supported and set against each other or another enemy suggests using these fantatic tribal zealots as pawns in an imperial game of world chess or Risk or something.

Marvellous.

I wonder which of the Bilderburgers are winning right now? Wink
Quake42Offline
Warrior Princess
Total posts: 5643
PostPosted: 26-05-2007 16:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ok,so what are you saying here?that any muslim who commits a crime that could be considered 'terrorism' is therefore A member..de facto..of Al Quaeda?

It's not an organisation with membership lists, subscriptions and a hierarchy. "Al-Qaeda" now is basically a brand - a banner which violent jihadis all over the world can claim to stand under. The bombers in Madrid and London were not "Al-Qaeda members" as such, but they clearly identified with the message of bin Laden and co.
ted_bloody_maulOffline
Justified and Ancient
PostPosted: 26-05-2007 18:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quake42 wrote:

It's not an organisation with membership lists, subscriptions and a hierarchy. "Al-Qaeda" now is basically a brand - a banner which violent jihadis all over the world can claim to stand under. The bombers in Madrid and London were not "Al-Qaeda members" as such, but they clearly identified with the message of bin Laden and co.

I suspect the term Al-Qaeda is by now interchangeable with Islamist terrorism in much the same way as Neo-Nazi is for any extreme right-wing group. The Nazis were just one of many fascist movements and not the first either but their imprint was the most visible and the most discussed. Where they might differ is that the philosophy of Al-Qaeda is not confined within borders and nor are those who subscribe to it in opposition to each other the way extreme nationalist groups might be. In a sense it might be more like an internationalist movement like Marxism although within that there have been many states or factions which have competed in the popular consciousness to define that particular movement.
Quake42Offline
Warrior Princess
Total posts: 5643
PostPosted: 26-05-2007 23:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In a sense it might be more like an internationalist movement like Marxism although within that there have been many states or factions which have competed in the popular consciousness to define that particular movement.

Except that virtually every Marxist group has had a very tight organisational structure with a clear hierarchy... that is clearly not the case with Al-Qaeda and AQ-inspired groups/individuals.

I do think the best way of looking at AQ is as a brand - and like many top commercial brands today, there is little central organisation and a lot of outsourcing.
ted_bloody_maulOffline
Justified and Ancient
PostPosted: 27-05-2007 00:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quake42 wrote:

Except that virtually every Marxist group has had a very tight organisational structure with a clear hierarchy... that is clearly not the case with Al-Qaeda and AQ-inspired groups/individuals.

I do think the best way of looking at AQ is as a brand - and like many top commercial brands today, there is little central organisation and a lot of outsourcing.

True - essentially Al-Qaeda shares many similarities with a franchise. The point I was making, though, was more to do with how they're capable of functioning independently of each other, much like the Marxist movement, although they have the same ultimate goal. Although there is a hierarchy within individual Marxist movements that hierarchy doesn't apply globally and the destruction of any given localised group need not damage the others.

In the end this will be why the war on terror as presently defined will be unsuccessful - its lack of a specific hierarchy, Bin Laden aside (and he's more of a figurehead than anything else), makes it impossible to extinguish it at every level simultaneously, particularly given the value ascribed to martyrdom - if Bin Laden was killed, for example, the movement would continue and may even strengthen. The fact that any attempts to do so seem to require a great deal of collateral damage only serves to enhance the appeal of both the philosophy and its better known advocates.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Conspiracy - The War on Terror All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: