Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Spanking is Good for your Health
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> The Human Condition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OneWingedBirdOffline
Freelance Subversive
Total posts: 1176
PostPosted: 08-01-2013 21:56    Post subject: Spanking is Good for your Health Reply with quote

Allegedly. The article is not too recent but was only brought to my attention this evening.

Quote:
Smack that bottom - it can cure everything !!

Russian scientists at the Novosibirsk Institute of Medicine are claiming a beating on the naked buttocks with a cane is the perfect way to cure everything from depression to alcoholism.

The researchers say caning releases endorphins, the body's natural 'happy chemicals', and that leads to feelings of euphoria, a reduction of appetite, the release of sex hormones and an enhancement of the immune response, and they have a similar effect on pain as drugs such as morphine and codeine, but do not lead to addiction or dependence.

Biologist Dr Sergei Speransky who led the research claims corporal punishment, similar to that doled out regularly in British schools in the last century, helps people overcome addiction and depression. He confirms he is not a sadist even though he recommends caning and says the treatment works. A standard treatment course entails 30 sessions with 60 of the best, delivered on the buttocks by a person of average build.

Dr Marina Chuhrova who also took part in preparing the report said she had 10 patients she caned regularly and though initially "they didn't like it, when they started to feel the benefits they kept asking for more."

The Russian team says they are now charging for the caning sessions and are getting over U.S.$ 100 per patient for a standard treatment.

http://www.news-medical.net/news/2005/03/29/8788.aspx
gncxxOffline
King-Size Canary
Total posts: 14381
PostPosted: 08-01-2013 21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this what they meant when the cane-wielders used to say "This will hurt me more than it will hurt you"?
OneWingedBirdOffline
Freelance Subversive
Total posts: 1176
PostPosted: 08-01-2013 22:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, and there is a more recent story (yesterday!) in The Siberian Times about the same clinic, with pictures! Very Happy

Quote:

Beating addiction out of you - literally

Deep in Siberia, scientists claim they have made an astonishing breakthrough in curing drink and drug addicts, as well as helping workaholics and even those obsessed with sex - by using corporal punishment.

Like other patients, Natasha is given psychological counselling before each session of 60 lashes (those with alcohol or other addictions face 30) - and also undergoes a electrocardiogram to ensure the shock therapy is not causing unexpected heart problems. Picture: The Siberian TImes

The reaction of most people is predictable: to snigger, scoff or make jokes loaded with sexual innuendo.

But 22 year old Natasha insists they have got completely the wrong end of the stick - or rather the cane. And she should know.

'I am the proof that this controversial treatment works,' she says, 'and I recommend it to anyone suffering from an addiction or depression. It hurts like crazy - but it's given me back my life. Without it I seriously believe I would now be dead'.

The psychologist behind (the pun is not deliberate!) this 'cure' is Dr German Pilipenko who with fellow practitioner Professor Marina Chukhrova has treated more than a thousand patients, and is now getting foreigners travelling to try his unconventional 'method of limited exposure or pain', often as a last resort.

He has had success with showbiz clients and believes he could help people like British singer Pete Doherty who has repeatedly failed to respond to other treatments. Whether drink or drug addicts, or people who are miserable and depressed, these Russian medics say they have restored that simple ingredient missing from so many lives - happiness.

The cure involves literally beating the addiction, obsession or depression out of the patient. Dr Pilipenko claims he is restoring or modernising a method of treatment known to previous generations including notorious cane-happy English schoolmasters and monks in medieval holy orders.

yadda yadda yadda

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/BlackRiverFalls/spankydoctor_zps1bd03f31.jpg

Of course, I can;t image why anyone would want to subject themselves to that...
gncxxOffline
King-Size Canary
Total posts: 14381
PostPosted: 08-01-2013 22:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose it's a bottom-based version of electroshock therapy.
Isis177Offline
Great Old One
Total posts: 476
PostPosted: 08-01-2013 22:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still remember being spanked in grade 3 for having untidy writing, but it didn't ever make my writing any better.
ramonmercadoOffline
Psycho Punk
Total posts: 19680
PostPosted: 08-01-2013 23:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanking is a sex game but caning is far more serious and is more BDSM territory.
cherrybombOffline
Skating the thin crust
Total posts: 1059
PostPosted: 09-01-2013 08:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do I sign up?
Spudrick68Offline
Great Old One
Total posts: 1222
PostPosted: 09-01-2013 12:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

But does it cure an addiction to bottom caning?
MythopoeikaOffline
Boring petty conservative
Total posts: 10018
PostPosted: 09-01-2013 12:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like a job like that.
ramonmercadoOffline
Psycho Punk
Total posts: 19680
PostPosted: 09-01-2013 12:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mythopoeika wrote:

You probably wouldn't get to choose your clients though.
MythopoeikaOffline
Boring petty conservative
Total posts: 10018
PostPosted: 09-01-2013 12:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramonmercado wrote:
Mythopoeika wrote:

You probably wouldn't get to choose your clients though.

I don't in my current job, so no change there!
ChrisBoardmanOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 701
PostPosted: 09-01-2013 13:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Max Moseley out-lives us all then maybe it's right.
RonnorOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 108
PostPosted: 09-01-2013 13:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's clearly legitimate; she's wearing a white coat.
Pietro_Mercurios
Heuristically Challenged
PostPosted: 09-01-2013 13:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer cycling, it's probably just as good for you, more fun and gets you to the local of your choice and back again. It is also less humiliating and usually less painful.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/features/the-cycle-path-to-happiness-8422706.html

Laughing
JamesWhiteheadOffline
Piffle Prospector
Total posts: 6118
PostPosted: 09-01-2013 14:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It is also less humiliating and usually less painful."

I'm guessing your mistress allows you a saddle. sob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> The Human Condition All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: