Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Most Haunted - bumper compendium thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Ghosts - general
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mulder1800Offline
Spooky
Total posts: 78
PostPosted: 24-02-2006 13:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Laughing

I walked into that one. Embarassed
painy2Offline
Thar she blows
Total posts: 509
PostPosted: 30-10-2006 22:45    Post subject: Most Haunted Live - Edinburgh Reply with quote

Has anyone been watching this?

Its currently on night 2 of the vigil, night 1 was poor, so naturally they have to step it up a gear for night 2, so far Stuart and John have both been scratched, Stuart on his back and John on his leg.

Ive seen more convincing wounds on an episode of Casualty, how poor can this show get?

Shocking stuff.
TVgeekOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 745
PostPosted: 31-10-2006 01:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep -- I've been sucked into it. Stuart attacking Carl on night one
was something -- I'll bet he's been wanting to do that for years! Laughing

At one point they were dropping like flies -- I think 3 of them
passed out (including Yvie) within a few minutes time. Live!

They have to do something without Degsy to liven up the show.

TVgeek
Dingo667Offline
I'm strange...but true
Total posts: 1813
PostPosted: 31-10-2006 07:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be called: "Most haunted dead" surely? Wink
Mulder1800Offline
Spooky
Total posts: 78
PostPosted: 31-10-2006 10:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

It made me smile, that leg wound was funny... lovely great gash on the leg with blood around it yet no blood at all near the actual wound itself the wound was clean with no blood within an inch of it...now thats weird Razz
tilly50Offline
Great Old One
Total posts: 316
PostPosted: 31-10-2006 11:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad I'm not the only one suspicious about the nature of the wounds, how come the ones Carl recieved were barely superficial? Why did Stuart feel the need to strip off his top on live camera if he had no previous idea about what was on his back?
I watch just on the off chance that they manage to get some real uneqivocal evidence. The whole Most Haunted circus is packed full of interesting psychological phenomena never mind the para-psychological!
RealPaZZaOffline
A Very Naughty Boy &
Total posts: 593
PostPosted: 31-10-2006 12:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most gullable more like!

I think that show is definitely "preaching to the converted"
mxhauntedOffline
Yeti
Total posts: 68
PostPosted: 31-10-2006 12:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they want to step it up a notch then they should stick someone in the Mackenzie Poltergeist tomb in Greyfriars.

That said, I’ve been on that tour many a time and have never been a victim of anything other than a bird pooping on me. Neutral A few other people have been scratched but you never know just how much attention they want in life. Smile

I want to point out I don’t have cable… so can’t watch it… and I probably wouldn’t anyway.

MX (never seen a single episode)
ttaarraassOffline
Total posts: 1498
PostPosted: 31-10-2006 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew someone at uni who was in a team who 'gained access' to the crypt part of the Mackenzie tomb (this was before it was vandalised/desecreated) and saw all the coffins/skeletons. He didn't seem frightened of it Smile

However, I would rate that as the top scary place in Edinburgh, far above the Vaults and especially Mary King's - discounting, of course, places like Niddrie or Jacob's Ladder. Now that's somewhere you wouldn't want to be in the dark. Shocked
andrew1461Offline
Lord Deathshead
Total posts: 18
PostPosted: 22-06-2007 15:37    Post subject: Most Haunted Midsummer Murders …… Reply with quote

Sorry I had to watch…… Shocked

I have been watching Most Haunted since its beginnings and still watch it today, when it first began I thought it was ground breaking but now not so, but wait – a NEW most haunted series Midsummer Murders so I set my sky plus and settled down at a convenient time with my other half and a can of cider only to be greeted with that stupid historian Lesley bloody Smith – boy does she really get on my T*T* . Evil or Very Mad

Anyhoo Half the time I had no clue what was going on, something about a murdered pedlar that the stupid woman kept saying was killed in a drunken brawl by a highwayman and dumped in a cave.

Nothing to exciting usual crew can’t wait for the guest frauds … um I mean mediums, roll out Johnny Fury (from the last series and MH LIVE) boy was she Cr@p everything she threw up was vague or boring and she sat and just agreed with everyone.

Saw a game show once where they had to do tasks in a loony asylum for money and had cameras strapped to them – very good stoned Wink
Waylander28Offline
Booga Boo!!!
Total posts: 272
PostPosted: 29-06-2007 10:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it was pretty shite?! Saw the one about the soldier that was poisoned by his mistress?! *probably.

Could not understand the VO person at all, or speech was rather Muummbly, so lost a lot of info, if there was any! And found her tone very teacher child like?! Felt like I was watching an odd episode of Rainbow or playschool! "Now Kids which window shall we look through today, YES!! The Phsychic window!" Smile "I wonder will our friends see who ran over the cat, from our last exciting story!".

PaH!
tilly50Offline
Great Old One
Total posts: 316
PostPosted: 04-07-2007 10:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have watched them, looking up from the knitting, and I am left wondering are they really hunting the solutions to real murders???

It seems that the murders are little more than rumour, folklore and old tales. There has been very little in the way of actual written statements of bodies found, questions asked, any form of inquest or judicial enquiry (they did exist in a form quite early on in history).

Also it now appears that Dr. O'Keefe has become an expert on criminal psychology using it to reinforce the statements of David Wells.

I'll continue to watch as it keeps the cat amused (he watches avidly, his tail switching!!)
Waylander28Offline
Booga Boo!!!
Total posts: 272
PostPosted: 04-07-2007 17:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

tilly50 wrote:

I'll continue to watch as it keeps the cat amused (he watches avidly, his tail switching!!)

Oops! I assure you no Cats were harmed in the posting of my previous mail! Smile
dan_fiOffline
Grey
Total posts: 4
PostPosted: 31-10-2007 23:15    Post subject: Most Haunted...LIVE!!! Reply with quote

Oh God, Ted!!!

It's Most Haunted Live on the Television again and that Yvette woman's just been followed by a "frightened young boy"...so says Mrs.B from Bristol (who, incidently, has also just bought some SuperWash detergent on PriceDrop.tv...excuse my channel hopping).

Yvette has just asked the camp medium if he thinks they have a "negative energy" with them. His reply? "Well, it's either a positive or a negative energy..."! Christ, even Degsy could've made that up! He was either stood up or sat down when he said that but I wouldn't want to be too specific...

Yvette's now asking for a loud noise or for something to be thrown. I'd throw the lot of 'em right the feck out...if it wasn't for the cash money all this is bringing in. Quick, go get my Orb producing/Whistle replaying box!!!

Ah such cynisism....someone leap to their defense!!!
drbatesOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 542
PostPosted: 01-11-2007 07:40    Post subject: Re: Most Haunted...LIVE!!! Reply with quote

dan_fi wrote:

Yvette has just asked the camp medium if he thinks they have a "negative energy" with them. His reply? "Well, it's either a positive or a negative energy..."! Christ, even Degsy could've made that up! He was either stood up or sat down when he said that but I wouldn't want to be too specific...

Schrodingers Energy? Wink

Im trying so, so hard to leap to their defence, but I just can't...

Right...Im off to watch Ghostwatch again - that really does still give me the willies!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Ghosts - general All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 33 of 37

Jump to: