Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
UnCon in the Evening
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> UnConvention
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mollymaukOffline
Grey
Total posts: 7
PostPosted: 19-10-2010 20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Saturday at the always wonderful St Aloysius Social club, we at Hand Of Glory are delighted to present:

The Doozer

Just back from a West Coast tour, and tipped by Sonic Youth’s Thurston Moore in Arthur magazine as: “A pleasure of great dimensions. The lazy man’s way to review it to call it a bridge between Syd B and Chris Knox, carrying all the weird damage and superb left field pop motion that implies.”

www.thedoozer.com

www.myspace.com/thedoozerman

Pete Um

Another Cambridge adventurer, and seemingly prolific youtuber, Pete Um’s solo performance lies somewhat uncomfortably between psychedelic pop music, sonic experimentalism, and Dadaist comedy.

http://www.umbusiness.co.uk/

www.myspace.com/peteum

The Lone Taxidermist

The Lone Taxidermist aka Natalie Sharp is a one woman howl-inducing music making machine. From Manchester but now based in London - Gothic psych electro may be the correct way to describe her, but in all honesty The Lone Taxidermist sits quite squarely in a league of her own.

www.myspace.com/taxidermistsmanchester

The Outdoor Types and Mary Epworth (special one off supergroup set!)

Longterm friends and Hand Of Glory labelmates , Kidderminster folk-facemelters The Outdoor Types are joined for one night by Sunday Times acclaimed psych soul siren Mary Epworth to try to make the biggest noise possible, with the most number of harmonies.

The Outdoor Types “All aboard that’s coming aboard” is out now on I Blame the parents.

Mary’s harpsichord and flanged autoharp drenched debut album is under construction as we speak.

www.theoutdoortypes.com

www.myspace.com/theoutdoortypes

www.maryepworth.com

www.myspace.com/maryepworth

if that was not enough, the Hand Of Glory DJs, this time joined by music nerd and cat loving Author tom Cox (Lost Tribes Of Pop, Under The Paw) dig up lost greats and danceable pop from the 60s 70s, and probably not 80s.*

http://tomcoxblog.blogspot.com/

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/85c866fe-8861-11de-82e4-00144feabdc0.html

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/clubbing/article-23677530-albert-pearl-is-record-breaker.do

As fans of Fortean Times, We're running this as an unofficial (it's a long story) appendix to the fantastic 2 day Unconvention, which is once again being held at Westminster uni.

http://www.forteantimes.com/events/uncon2010/

Uncon attendees and other Forteans can get in for £4, everyone else has to stump up the enormous £5 for a whole night of amazing music and cheap beer!

*apart from Funky Town.
mollymaukOffline
Grey
Total posts: 7
PostPosted: 25-10-2010 11:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much those of you who made it down.

I'm always happy to talk about psychedelic music and forteana, and I like to think i made some new friends.

Very Happy
zarathustraspakeOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 405
PostPosted: 25-10-2010 17:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for putting the event on. I really enjoyed it.
original_fLeebLe
Great Old One
PostPosted: 25-10-2010 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

fantastic night, great music and friendly people, and yes you have made new friends miss mollymauk.
zarathustraspakeOffline
Great Old One
PostPosted: 02-07-2011 18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will this be repeated for 2011?
Pietro_Mercurios
Heuristically Challenged
PostPosted: 02-07-2011 19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd definitely be up for attending another gig with Miss mollymauk and that band!

Top notch entertainment! yeay
zarathustraspakeOffline
Great Old One
PostPosted: 14-07-2011 16:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pietro_Mercurios wrote:
I'd definitely be up for attending another gig with Miss mollymauk and that band!

I'll have your ibuprofen ready for the morning after. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> UnConvention All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: