Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Doppleganger
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> It Happened to Me!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous
PostPosted: 19-07-2002 10:38    Post subject: Doppleganger Reply with quote

Sharon Mason
About a year and a half ago, I had a strange experience at work - or rather a colleague of mine had a strange experience that involved me.

I used to work for a very small television production company that employed only about 40 staff - so everybody knew everybody else that worked there pretty well. I usually arrived at work around 8am, but on this particular morning I had been asked to come in a bit later, at 10am. As I walked through reception, the receptionist cornered me, and asked me where I'd been out to.

http://217.206.205.125/happened/doppleganger.shtml
Anonymous
PostPosted: 22-07-2002 16:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a classic case of sleepworking to me. Are you _sure_ you were at home at 8am?
Anonymous
PostPosted: 23-07-2002 11:02    Post subject: Hiccups In Time Reply with quote

"wearing exactly the same clothes that I had on as I was questioning her (including a fleece top that I had not worn in her presence before or since)"

Because of that I would consider this a "hiccup" in time. The recptionist probably saw you coming in as you came in that day; just a bit earlier than the actual even itself. I have often found time capable of slipping back over itself by an hour or two, and you probably did speak to her as you went by. But it would've like playing a really poorly done video tape in the VCR, the sound is there but not audible unless you turn it WAY up.

Just my thoughts on it.
akaWiintermoonOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 561
PostPosted: 24-07-2002 02:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just my 2 pence worth on it...

1) A lot of people think some kinds of ghosts are not in fact spirits but a 'recording' of events that happened repeatedly. You've traveled the same path for a year, if recordings of the deceased can be made, why not the living?

2) Perhaps the receptionists mind was playng tricks on her. She's so used to seeing you come in at a certain time each day and so 'saw' the event anyway.? As for the clothes, there's no way to prove it as the moment she talked to you she could see what you where wearing! Maybe she caught your reflection just before you entered the building and her mind equated your image with 08.00 am?
Anonymous
PostPosted: 27-07-2002 21:53    Post subject: Weird! Reply with quote

I once saw a guy in his mid forties who kinda smiled at me. He looked like an older version of myself and although I can't be certain it WAS an older version of myself - I wonder if I'll see a younger version of me when I'm older...?
greasyfredOffline
Grey
Total posts: 10
PostPosted: 30-07-2002 13:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to drag this up again but this is really interesting. Has anyone ever read "the book of sand" by Jorge Luis Borges there is a short story in it called "the other" about meeting himself 20 years younger and having a long conversation with himself it is very wierd and just like the thing you have been talking about.
Anonymous
PostPosted: 31-07-2002 01:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first post. Very Happy

Wintermoon wrote:

Just my 2 pence worth on it...

1) A lot of people think some kinds of ghosts are not in fact spirits but a 'recording' of events that happened repeatedly. You've traveled the same path for a year, if recordings of the deceased can be made, why not the living?

A fascinating point-- I'm beginning to like it more and more. These 'ghosts' of the living would probably be ignored most of the time, as people would simply say, "There goes Einstein McGenius. Must be on an early lunch break." But when they see dead people, then people notice... Eek Eek Very Happy
Thanks.
rynner
PostPosted: 31-07-2002 05:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe one of the first research results published by the Pychical Research Society was on apparitions of the living.

[I'll see if I can find some links]
Anonymous
PostPosted: 31-07-2002 11:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

rynner-- have you read the Pychical Research Soceity's work on merangue? Truly fascinating. Very Happy
Thanks.
Anonymous
PostPosted: 02-08-2002 15:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am researching into people's experience with Dopplegangers for a new Television show. If Sharon or anybody else with similar experiences would like to contact me to discuss further please e-mail me on amanda.gunby@granadamedia.com
rynner
PostPosted: 02-08-2002 17:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are other doppelganger stories (including one from me) on this thread.
Anonymous
PostPosted: 01-10-2002 20:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmph
For years i hear the occasional siting of me, out and about in towns i haven't been to for ages or even clubbing, i'm beggining to think i have a clone. How do you deal with one of these?
SoundDust
Milkshake Holy Grail (Mediocre Old One)
PostPosted: 01-10-2002 20:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Internet Oracle mentions it on here

Quote:

1260-06 (24ajm dist, 4.0 mean)
Selected-By: Christophe <xof@chanticleer.com>

The Internet Oracle has pondered your question deeply. Your question was:
> Oh Oracle most wise, he that is so helpful that he can propel little
> old ladies across the road with his merest glance:
>
> Help! I think I've accidentally cloned myself, and I need your wise
> advice on how to tidy up the mess before anyone finds out. Most
> specifically if I shoot my clone, will it be murder or suicide?

And in response, thus spake the Oracle:
} Didn't the Oracle just answer this for you. . .
}
} Oh. Wait I minute.
}
} Erm, you might want to go into hiding like RIGHT NOW.

Anonymous
PostPosted: 01-10-2002 23:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many moons ago I met my ex's adopted Brother for the first time.
Had heard many family stories and references to him but never actually met face to face or saw any close up photos. It was the closest to looking at a mirror image of myself (sans the mirror) that I've ever experienced. It was sort of awkward and he obviously felt the same way. Spent some time chatting that afternoon and that was that.
H_JamesOffline
Ancient Cow (&)
Total posts: 3495
PostPosted: 30-01-2003 21:33    Post subject: Double? Reply with quote

A refreshing dollop of weirdness into my dull life:

30th of January 2003
8:30

I talked to my friend Joe on the internet at this time. He claimed he had seen me just few moments before outside his house (a few roads away). Apparently I tapped on the window as I sometimes do when I’m coming round and he’s on the computer – he’d probably just ignore the doorbell. Then, according to him, I ran off up the road in the direction of my house.

It was at the time dark, but Joe says that he positively identified my face and that I was wearing the same coat and trousers (distinctive) as I had been all day. He had been at my house earlier in the day, and had left at about 2 and a half hours before the events described. However, the interesting point is that I had not left the house since he had gone, and had not been anywhere near his house. He seems absolutely convinced that I was there and claims that I am insane for not remembering.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> It Happened to Me! All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: