Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Ouija board polt activity.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Ghosts - Poltergeists and entities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spudrick68Offline
Great Old One
Total posts: 1263
PostPosted: 28-11-2011 17:40    Post subject: Ouija board polt activity. Reply with quote

Someone at work has had a word with me today. He said his girlfriend messed about with a ouija board with a friend at their house last week. He tells me that they now have stuff happening. He has had knocks on his bedroom door, with no one there. He has also had cupboard doors open after he has shut them with no one else in the house. He has asked me for help as they are both a bit freaked out.

I'm going to ask them to fill in a Shepp & Goats questionnaire so that I know how much of believers/sceptics they are. I'm giving him a webcam to link upto his laptop to record overnight as they sleep. I will also give them a digital voice recorder to run overnight too.

I will try to find out what I can of the specific location's history etc... and see if I can have a look around. Any tips on how to proceed would be welcome.

If there appears to be no rational explanation for any happenings I will forward it to an appropriate spiritual person (depending on their beliefs) for a cleansing.

Will keep peeps informed if I get anything ineresting.
gncxxOffline
King-Size Canary
Total posts: 14743
PostPosted: 28-11-2011 17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's a "Sheep (?) and Goats Questionnaire"? Pardon my ignorance and all that...
Spudrick68Offline
Great Old One
PostPosted: 28-11-2011 17:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about spelling! It's a set of questions that is meant to assess where a person is on a scale from beleiver to sceptic.
gncxxOffline
King-Size Canary
Total posts: 14743
PostPosted: 28-11-2011 17:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spudrick68 wrote:
Sorry about spelling! It's a set of questions that is meant to assess where a person is on a scale from beleiver to sceptic.

Interesting - what form do these questions take?
whiteoakOffline
Total posts: 46
PostPosted: 28-11-2011 17:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you post this questionnaire? Would be interesting to see it.
Spudrick68Offline
Great Old One
PostPosted: 28-11-2011 18:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure it was Hans Eyesenck, I will have a look around. I'm not sure how accurate it is in a scientific sense, the intention was to try to get an idea of how much of beleivers/sceptics they are, as background info. The more info the better I suppose.
Spudrick68Offline
Great Old One
PostPosted: 28-11-2011 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this link that relates to the questionnaire:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0191886980900409

I also dug out the book I have that contains the questions. The book is 'Are You Psychic?' by Hans Eyesenck and Carl Sargeant by Prion.

The questionnaire the following categories:

Part 1: Sheep & goats-
34 questions.

Part 2: Personality & interests-
60 questions.

Part 3: Mystery & imagination-
20 questions.

Part 1 is designed to assess how sceptical/beleiver a person is.
Part 2 is designed to measure introversion/extroversion.
Part 3 is designed to measure how imaginative/practical a person is.
Bororeturn1Offline
Grey
Total posts: 19
PostPosted: 29-11-2011 15:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

How old are these people?? why would they seriously do something like that in their house??

I think the best thing to do isnt to monitor it or anything, but to get someone in to `cleanse` the house, before it gets worse as these things usually build up until the last thing is a full apparition or spirit form.

But the polt activity is usually the first & un-nerving start to these sort of things. They may start getting smells next & then lots of shadows or corner of the eye stuff.
Spudrick68Offline
Great Old One
PostPosted: 29-11-2011 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work with the bloke and see him everyday, I have asked him to keep me updated if it escalates. I do know that he has a vivid imagination, but am not jumping to conclusions. He has watched the film 'Paranormal Activity' a good number of times. I like him and would be very eager that nothing untoward happens to him.

I do have those thoughts in my mind, but don't want to be premature. I do not want any harm to come to him or his girlfriend.
painy2Offline
Thar she blows
Total posts: 695
PostPosted: 06-12-2011 10:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of interest why have they asked you for help? what do you do that could help them?
Spudrick68Offline
Great Old One
PostPosted: 06-12-2011 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no particular skills! He knows that I'm interested in Fortean stuff in general so has asked me as he thinks that I may be able to point him in the general direction if he needs it.
IamSundogOffline
The FTMB member previously known as Sundog
Total posts: 1788
PostPosted: 06-12-2011 21:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How old are these people?? why would they seriously do something like that in their house??

To see what's real, to see what's out there! If I thought playing with a ouija board would cause polt activity in my house I'd do it in a sec. But I don't, because I've tried it (in the distant past). I'd just really like to see some of this crasy s*** happening with my own eyes.
jaxxmanukOffline
Yeti
Total posts: 58
PostPosted: 07-12-2011 08:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used Ouija Boards of all kinds in many different locations and under varying conditions. My conclusion is that unless the participants all want something to happen and can SEE the table nothing will move or spell anything out.

I'd say the occurances in this instance are down to something else, probably something much more mundane.
Heckler20Offline
The Sockpuppet of
Total posts: 4942
PostPosted: 07-12-2011 10:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaxxmanuk wrote:
I'd say the occurances in this instance are down to something else, probably something much more mundane.

The ideomotor effect from the unconscious of the participants most likely. Whether or not you want to argue that the unconscious of the participants is being fed or controlled by 'something else' is an interesting discussion but does rather move the argument to simply another level of abstraction.
jaxxmanukOffline
Yeti
Total posts: 58
PostPosted: 07-12-2011 11:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heckler20 wrote:
jaxxmanuk wrote:

The ideomotor effect from the unconscious of the participants most likely. Whether or not you want to argue that the unconscious of the participants is being fed or controlled by 'something else' is an interesting discussion but does rather move the argument to simply another level of abstraction.

Sorry I meant that the events that have occured after the Ouija board are down to something much more mundane not that the Ouija Board itself could be put down to something other then human interaction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Ghosts - Poltergeists and entities All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: