Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Glitch in the Matrix thread at Reddit
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> It Happened to Me!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fanari_LloydOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 135
PostPosted: 23-03-2014 09:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My favourite one is about disappearance from American national parks.

Thank-you!
I've just found that one, I think. I shall get a cuppa and watch it in a bit.
MoookstaOffline
Muppet
Total posts: 1765
PostPosted: 23-03-2014 20:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fanari_Lloyd wrote:
Just found a thread on Above Top Secret based on David Paulides Missing 411 books, which are about mysterious disappearances across the USA.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread823757/pg1&mem=

Edited to add:

Quote:
Missing-411 is the first comprehensive book about people who have disappeared in the wilds of North America. It’s understood that people routinely get lost, some want to disappear but this story is about the unusual. Nobody has ever studied the archives for similarities, traits and geographical clusters of missing people, until now.

A tip from a national park ranger led to 3+ years and a 7000 hour investigative effort into understanding the stories behind people who have vanished. The book chronicles children, adults and the elderly who disappeared, sometimes in the presence of friends and relatives. As Search and Rescue personnel exhaust leads and places to search, relatives start to believe kidnappings and abductions have occurred. The belief by the relatives is not an isolated occurrence; it replicates itself time after time, case after case across North America.

The research depicts 28 clusters of missing people across the continent, something that has never been exposed and was a shocking find to researchers. Topography does play a part into the age of the victims and certain clusters have specific age and sex consistency that is baffling. This is not a phenomenon that has been occurring in just the last few decades, clusters of missing people have been identified as far back as the 1800’s.

I'd like to get the books, but they're a little dear at the mo. Kind of thing I do like reading, though.

We discussed the Missing 411 book briefly over in the missing persons thread.
escargot1Offline
Total posts: 13647
PostPosted: 23-03-2014 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mooks, you know bloody EVERYTHING. Laughing
MoookstaOffline
Muppet
PostPosted: 23-03-2014 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

escargot1 wrote:
Mooks, you know bloody EVERYTHING. Laughing

If only I did....if only....
SameOldVardoger
Great Old One
PostPosted: 28-04-2014 16:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

A glitch in the Matrix thread has appeared on Godlikeproductions:
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message2532853/pg1
Soul_DoubtOffline
Yeti
Total posts: 34
PostPosted: 23-07-2014 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was on the Glitch in the Matrix subreddit the other other day where a poster was boasting to have read "all the major true story creepy threads of the internet" including the survivalist one linked here. He also mentioned "the nurse one". I did a bit of digging and I assume he's talking about this one:

http://allnurses.com/general-nursing-discussion/whats-your-best-108202.html

Haven't had a chance to properly look through it yet, but there are over 2,000 replies... Shocked
Soul_DoubtOffline
Yeti
PostPosted: 05-10-2014 09:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another decent thread that gets increasingly Fortean as it progresses... strange things in the woods on a fishing website:

http://www.ifish.net/board/showthread.php?s=1b348ff47523079eef97d1e24cb0c1d3&t=148441
uair01Offline
Great Old One
Total posts: 1198
PostPosted: 05-10-2014 10:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that reminds me of this thread on the Urban Exploration forum:

http://www.uer.ca/forum_showthread.asp?fid=1&threadid=27545&currpage=21&pp#post407

Notice the playing cards - NSFW!
http://www.uer.ca/forum_showthread.asp?fid=1&threadid=27545&currpage=34
bunnymousekittOffline
rabbity mousey cat-like thing
Total posts: 329
PostPosted: 07-10-2014 08:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read through the ghost thread on the nursing forum mentioned above. Took about three days, but it was well worth the time. Very Happy

There were some interesting differences in the hospital ghost stories from the types we more commonly hear, IMO. While there were the glowing orb and floating mist type sightings which aren't so unsual, there were far more "ghost mistaken for living person" type tales (for example - nurse wondering how patient made such a miraculous recovery to be wandering around the halls, only to be told they had died the previous day), multiple person sightings of ghosts, multiple person sightings of grim-reaper type figures, stories of alleged disembodied spirits being able to physically manipulate objects (patients being given meds by long-dead nurses, being given blankets by long dead residents) A lot of food for thought in that thread.

Most interesting to me were the tales of unlucky or "haunted" rooms and how often the staff would make the choice to move someone from one of these rooms if their condition was worsening. Or how the hospital would start using these rooms for storage if the history was bad enough or the atmosphere became too foreboding. Sort of creepily practical - like, there's no time to be skeptical, let's just find a work-around. Laughing
Human_84Offline
We wont hurt you human.
Total posts: 1242
PostPosted: 13-10-2014 05:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul_Doubt wrote:
Another decent thread that gets increasingly Fortean as it progresses... strange things in the woods on a fishing website:

http://www.ifish.net/board/showthread.php?s=1b348ff47523079eef97d1e24cb0c1d3&t=148441

I really despise you, Soul_Doubt. I've burned way too much time on this thread and I'm only to page 11 (from 33 or such?). Most of this week's "to-do list" hasn't even been considered yet. Confused
Soul_DoubtOffline
Yeti
PostPosted: 13-10-2014 18:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh - I guess I shouldn't leave this new reddit thread here then

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/2j02o4/campers_backpackers_and_park_rangers_of_reddit/

Or this one:

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/2j38kg/what_are_some_scary_older_askreddit_threads_that/

Enjoy!! Very Happy
onetwothree
Yeti
PostPosted: 21-10-2014 13:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a great story on Reddit today!
MoookstaOffline
Muppet
PostPosted: 21-10-2014 14:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

onetwothree wrote:

Well the Beaumont webcams and Lumberton webcams seem to show life as normal....could be recorded though.... Shocked

So he's either posting from another dimension or it's a viral for that new Nic Cage movie (he's a sinner, everyone else is saved)...or it's some troll using the internet as his mental gym.

Entertaining and yet at the same time (deliberately or infuriatingly?) ambiguous.
onetwothree
Yeti
PostPosted: 21-10-2014 14:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well-written though. I love it!
Naughty_FelidOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 231
PostPosted: 22-10-2014 18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moooksta wrote:
onetwothree wrote:

Well the Beaumont webcams and Lumberton webcams seem to show life as normal....could be recorded though.... Shocked

So he's either posting from another dimension or it's a viral for that new Nic Cage movie (he's a sinner, everyone else is saved)...or it's some troll using the internet as his mental gym.

Entertaining and yet at the same time (deliberately or infuriatingly?) ambiguous.

I don't suppose the OP thought to ask his friend to go and check his own house out to see if he is there?

Good story, well written.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> It Happened to Me! All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: