Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Cryptid cats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Cryptozoology - general
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldroverOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 2227
PostPosted: 06-03-2012 20:43    Post subject: Cryptid cats Reply with quote

Saw this on another site;

http://www.messybeast.com/genetics/anomalous-bigcats.html

If, as I do, you like your cryptids to be viscous, slavering man eaters, then I recommend the link. Plenty of mystery cats and cat like animals from around the world. Pretty well written and harks back to the days when cryptozoology wasn't all bigfoot and chupacabras.

I found the Pogeyan particularly interesting, and don't doubt its truth, sadly as I'm sure most people will also have realised the most likely explanation is dealt with here;

http://scienceblogs.com/tetrapodzoology/2009/01/pogeyan_the_cat_in_the_ghat.php

Still I found both links a refreshing change, and was reminded why I like this subject so much in the first place.
amyasleighOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 472
PostPosted: 13-03-2012 13:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fascinating material from “messybeast” – a greater variety and number of maybe-possible mysterious felids, from more parts of the globe, than I had envisaged. I wonder a little, why cryptozoology fans seem rather conservative and limited in their areas of interest (I’m as guilty in this, as anyone else) – when there are so many potential foci of attention, a lot of them IMO not outrageously unlikelier than some of the more-popular “usual suspects”.

Amongst the fair number in the article, of which I had never heard before, I did recognise the “cigau” – mentioned in the Orang Pendek thread in this forum as reputedly inhabiting the same area of Sumatra, as the “OP”.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Cryptozoology - general All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: