Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
The Sir Jimmel "Owzabout then" Paedo ring cover up
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Conspiracy - general
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JamesWhiteheadOffline
Piffle Prospector
Total posts: 5725
PostPosted: 01-11-2013 20:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gambaccini arrested

No friend of Savile and unusually open in declaring his sexual preferences. His arrest is part of the ongoing saga and is unconnected with Savile. Sad
MythopoeikaOffline
Total posts: 9668
PostPosted: 01-11-2013 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gambaccini has a previous record of controversy, but only because of his gay affair with Limahl.

What is it with showbiz people these days? Yeesh.
JamesWhiteheadOffline
Piffle Prospector
Total posts: 5725
PostPosted: 01-11-2013 21:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is this Limahl of which you speak? Scurries off to find out . . .

In 1980, he was given a small role in an episode of the ITV police series The Gentle Touch playing a schoolboy . . .

rofl

Anyway, they were flatmates. nonplus
CochiseOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 1852
PostPosted: 02-11-2013 08:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which reminds me of a then contemporary schoolboy joke about hedgehogs...
SameOldVardoger
Great Old One
PostPosted: 02-11-2013 17:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone left? What about Gary Davies and Tony Blackburn?

Limahl was a huge pop star in the 80s. Didn't know he's gay. Wasn't that surprised that Gambaccini is.
gncxxOffline
King-Size Canary
Total posts: 13096
PostPosted: 03-11-2013 17:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul Gambaccini always struck me as a very moral and reasonable man, so unless they're arresting everyone they can think of just to be sure I don't know what to think about this. His statement was eloquent enough.
chris138Offline
Cretin
Total posts: 155
PostPosted: 06-11-2013 01:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't want to go through 37 pages, so sorry if it's been posted previous, but here's a link to a BBC interview with John Lydon in 1978 where he is very open about what he thought of Saville.

http://21stcenturywire.com/2013/07/08/sex-pistols-star-johnny-rottens-warning-about-jimmy-savile-was-cut-by-bbc/
Pietro_Mercurios
Heuristically Challenged
PostPosted: 15-11-2013 14:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good grief!
Quote:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/influential-rock-singer-roy-harper-accused-of-sex-offences-against-underage-girl-8941646.html

Influential rock singer Roy Harper accused of sex offences against under-age girl

The Independent. Richard Vernalls. 15 November 2013

Veteran folk and rock performer Roy Harper has been charged with a series of historic sex offences against an under-age girl.

The singer-songwriter, who has performed with Pink Floyd and influenced rock band Led Zeppelin, has been summonsed to appear at Hereford Magistrates' Court on Monday, West Mercia Police said.

The 72-year-old, of Rossmore, Clonakilty, County Cork, in the Republic of Ireland, is facing nine sexual offences charges in total.

A force spokesman said: "The summons relates to two counts of unlawful sexual intercourse with a girl under 13, three counts of indecent assault on a girl under 14 and four counts of gross indecency with a girl under 14.

"The charges are in connection with offences alleged to have taken place in Herefordshire between 1975 and 1977 and relate to one victim."

The prolific performer has produced more than 30 albums during his career, and continues to tour.

PA

Sad
gncxxOffline
King-Size Canary
Total posts: 13096
PostPosted: 15-11-2013 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch out Jimmy Page...
YithianOffline
Keeping the British end up
Total posts: 8770
PostPosted: 16-11-2013 09:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

I earnestly hope that the charges against Roy Harper turn out to be unfounded. The man writes great music with unflinchingly honest lyrics; he is one of those musicians with whom their audiences feel a bond that transcends the mere commercial: his more-dedicated fans feel themselves - rightly or wrongly - to have a relationship with him through his songs. Selfishly, if the accusation is true, it will radically change the way I view the man and his work; it's alway sad to see ones heroes dragged low, one hopes that it won't happen here.

Once again, while having sympathy for any victims, it's hard to grasp from my own (confessedly limited) perspective, how and why a crime would go unreported for almost forty years.
MythopoeikaOffline
Total posts: 9668
PostPosted: 16-11-2013 09:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

theyithian wrote:
Once again, while having sympathy for any victims, it's hard to grasp from my own (confessedly limited) perspective, how and why a crime would go unreported for almost forty years.

It is very odd that all these (very old) alleged crimes are only just now coming to light. Wonder what the explanation might be? confused
OneWingedBirdOffline
Freelance Subversive
Total posts: 1875
PostPosted: 16-11-2013 09:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the fact that they went to the police at the time and the police fell about laughing.

Or they were part of the large proportion of rapes that don't get reported anyway.
CochiseOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 1852
PostPosted: 16-11-2013 11:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

or possibly there was no money in it then.

I know that is a nasty thing to say, but not all accusations are true or we'd not need trials and such. We could just use the Robespierre method. A guillotine would fit nicely in Parliament square.

I'm guilty myself of prejudgement regarding Savile himself, so I'm not throwing stones, just pointing out the possibilities.
chris138Offline
Cretin
Total posts: 155
PostPosted: 16-11-2013 11:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

OneWingedBird wrote:

Or they were part of the large proportion of rapes that don't get reported anyway.

I thought it was called "abuse" these days!
CarlosTheDJOffline
Dazed and confused for so long its not true
Total posts: 1974
PostPosted: 16-11-2013 13:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would imagine that at least some of the victims have never felt able to come forward before, for any one of myriad reasons - the fear of not being believed, attempting to cope with the abuse by blocking it out, not wanting to remember, not wanting to admit they were victims, feeling that they were in some way responsible, fear of possible repercussions...

A lot of the same reasons that domestic abuse goes unreported, for example.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Conspiracy - general All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 37 of 42

Jump to: