Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
The Whinge Thread , resurrected
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pietro_Mercurios
Heuristically Challenged
PostPosted: 19-11-2012 12:19    Post subject: The Whinge Thread , resurrected Reply with quote

Hived off from the Best of British thread, which is a positive one, here's the whinge one back, where you can whine and carp to your heart's content. Stu.

rynner2 wrote:
A thread for Brits to give themselves a pat on the back, rather than whingeing all the time! Don't know if we can keep this going for long, but we can kick off with this:

Britain is now most powerful nation on earth

At fantasy. rofl
ramonmercadoOnline
Psycho Punk
Total posts: 21524
PostPosted: 19-11-2012 12:23    Post subject: Re: The Best of British Reply with quote

Pietro_Mercurios wrote:
rynner2 wrote:
A thread for Brits to give themselves a pat on the back, rather than whingeing all the time! Don't know if we can keep this going for long, but we can kick off with this:

Britain is now most powerful nation on earth

At fantasy. rofl

Thats you ruled out of the Honours List.

You'll never become a Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire.
rynner2Offline
What a Cad!
Total posts: 26262
PostPosted: 19-11-2012 17:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a lot of money in Fantasy, which is one of the reasons Britain is top dog in 'soft power'.

James Bond isn't a documentary, you know! Wink
Pietro_Mercurios
Heuristically Challenged
PostPosted: 19-11-2012 18:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just been listening to a piece on the R4 PM show about the 'spare room tax'. Soon, Britain will be leading in social inequality, too.

James f#@king Bond. Rolling Eyes
Ronson8Offline
Things can only get better.
Total posts: 5945
PostPosted: 19-11-2012 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pietro_Mercurios wrote:

James f#@king Bond. Rolling Eyes

Seconded!
MythopoeikaOffline
Total posts: 9700
PostPosted: 19-11-2012 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, what's all this 'power' going to get us?

Zip. Zilch. Nada.
Pietro_Mercurios
Heuristically Challenged
PostPosted: 20-11-2012 19:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

drbastard wrote:
I thought Rynner started this thread as somewhere to actually be positive about the UK- and hell, we could do with some good news in the current climate.

But of course instead what we get is the board’s Marxists throwing their shit against the wall again. How drearily predictable.

I'm not a Marxist. But, if you want to make cheap ad hom's, one tired, far right cliché is as good as another.
Pietro_Mercurios
Heuristically Challenged
PostPosted: 20-11-2012 19:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thread with the smile tattooed on.
ramonmercadoOnline
Psycho Punk
PostPosted: 20-11-2012 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pietro_Mercurios wrote:
drbastard wrote:
I thought Rynner started this thread as somewhere to actually be positive about the UK- and hell, we could do with some good news in the current climate.

But of course instead what we get is the board’s Marxists throwing their shit against the wall again. How drearily predictable.

I'm not a Marxist. But, if you want to make cheap ad hom's, one tired, far right cliché is as good as another.

You are a Groucho Marxist?
Pietro_Mercurios
Heuristically Challenged
PostPosted: 20-11-2012 20:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramonmercado wrote:
Pietro_Mercurios wrote:
drbastard wrote:

A grouchy Marxist?
ramonmercadoOnline
Psycho Punk
PostPosted: 20-11-2012 20:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pietro_Mercurios wrote:
ramonmercado wrote:
Pietro_Mercurios wrote:
drbastard wrote:

A grouchy Marxist?

Thats me!
drbastardOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 483
PostPosted: 20-11-2012 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pietro_Mercurios wrote:
drbastard wrote:

Well that's me in my place. I expect I shall cry myself to sleep tonight now. Clutching my Nazi teddy bear and today's copy of the Daily Mail.
Pietro_Mercurios
Heuristically Challenged
PostPosted: 20-11-2012 20:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

drbastard wrote:

Well that's me in my place. I expect I shall cry myself to sleep tonight now. Clutching my Nazi teddy bear and today's copy of the Daily Mail.

Without a doubt.
ramonmercadoOnline
Psycho Punk
PostPosted: 20-11-2012 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

drbastard wrote:
Pietro_Mercurios wrote:
drbastard wrote:

I had you down as a Telegraph reader.

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/nazi-bear.jpg
rynner2Offline
What a Cad!
Total posts: 26262
PostPosted: 21-11-2012 17:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruddy buses!

Yesterday pm I wanted to go into town. Waited for the (once an hour) bus, but it never showed in the next 25 minutes, so I gave up and went home.

This morning's bus was 15 minutes late arriving.

Coming home this afternoon I waited for the 1540 bus from town. It never showed. Long story short, I eventually got home even later than if I'd waited for the 1640 instead - which was on time!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 1 of 30

Jump to: