Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Disappearing hikers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Ghosts - general
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CochiseOnline
Great Old One
Total posts: 1451
PostPosted: 05-11-2013 09:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigfoot73 wrote:
I recall a couple of similar stories concerning the Rollright Stones but these had a tome slip element : one of someone seeing an old fashioned gypsy wagon approaching them along the road next to the circle only for it to have vanished without passing the witness. The other was of someone parking nearby next to a 50s style car only for the car to have disappeared in thetime it took the witness to get out of their car.
Could it have been the Rollrights Cochise?

Pretty sure it wasn't. I've been there myself and hence I'd have remembered the story better. That is, the original story posted somewhere on here where someone saw an out-of-time couple, not the story my friend related.

He doesn't do mysterious, so there is no chance that he had previously read it on here. He also lives near to West Kennett and Salisbury Plain and is an outdoors type, so he is used to the terrain and atmosphere.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Ghosts - general All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: