Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
The death of journalist Michael Hastings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Conspiracy - general
View previous topic :: View next topic  
escargot1Offline
Total posts: 13579
PostPosted: 23-06-2013 09:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

You lot're going to be found tied up in the boots of burned-out cars in bizarre suicide pacts.
Zilch5Offline
Vogon Poet
Total posts: 1568
PostPosted: 23-06-2013 10:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

escargot1 wrote:
You lot're going to be found tied up in the boots of burned-out cars in bizarre suicide pacts.

I have a gas heater. It will explode later tonight and be found several kilometers from my home. Together with the passport of a "known" terrorist suspect. Who just committed suicide by flying a plane into the home of a WikiLeaks informer.

Such is life. Laughing
YithianOffline
Keeping the British end up
Total posts: 8770
PostPosted: 23-06-2013 12:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zilch5 wrote:
escargot1 wrote:

I have a gas heater.

You should check out www.gasheaters.com
Last time I checked they had some great images.
JonfairwayOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 1262
PostPosted: 01-07-2013 11:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems to me it isn't about if he was got rid of

its what he was going to release to the public ?
JonfairwayOffline
Great Old One
PostPosted: 01-07-2013 12:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyber car jacked ?
bomb ?

its not impossible for the damage to be from a crash, but it would have to be some real extreme speed....

say if a car was suddenly remote controlled ????
sherbetbizarreOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 1798
PostPosted: 28-07-2013 12:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently the CCTV footage of the crash:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzWHZngfONo
Zilch5Offline
Vogon Poet
Total posts: 1568
PostPosted: 22-08-2013 23:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this puts things into a different light...

Quote:
Rolling Stone journalist feared prior to crash his car was tampered with: Report

Hours before dying in a fiery car crash, Rolling Stone journalist Michael Hastings told his neighbor he believed his Mercedes had been tampered with, according to a report.

Hastings, a swashbuckling war correspondent known for taking on powerful figures, had told several friends he believed the government was watching him in the weeks before his death on June 18 in Los Angeles. But in a lengthy profile by LA Weekly, Hastings’ neighbor Jordanna Thigpen says he knocked on her door after midnight and asked to borrow her Volvo because he was afraid to drive his own car.

"He was scared, and he wanted to leave town," she told the weekly newspaper. She declined, saying her car was in need of repairs.

Thigpen had become friends with Hastings after the writer, known for his coverage of wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, moved into her apartment building overlooking Hollywood. She said Hastings' behavior grew “increasingly erratic” and that he thought helicopters circling over their building were there to keep a watchful eye on him.

“Nothing I could say could console him," said.

Earlier this week, a toxicology report was released showing that he had traces of amphetamines and marijuana in his system. Family members had said that Hastings -- who suffered from addiction problems in the past -- had recently suffered a relapse.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/22/michael-hastings-asked-to-use-neighbor-car-night-his-death-report/#ixzz2ckCKYrfV
sherbetbizarreOffline
Great Old One
PostPosted: 28-08-2013 12:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round-up of articles here, including a clip of his surprisingly cheerful widow on Piers Morgans show:

http://www.conspiracy-cinema.com/2013/08/mid-august-news-updates-michael.html
sherbetbizarreOffline
Great Old One
PostPosted: 30-12-2013 00:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lengthy look back at the case...

Quote:
Who Killed Michael Hastings?

Reflexively distrustful, eager to make powerful enemies, the young journalist whose Mercedes exploded in Los Angeles one night couldn’t possibly have died accidentally, could he?

At the end of his life, Michael Hastings, like many of the progressive journalists he counted among his friends, felt besieged by an overreaching government. Hastings was living in Los Angeles, and at a Beverly Hills theater in April, he took part in a panel discussion about the documentary War on Whistleblowers: Free Press and the National Security State. Interviewed in May on The Young Turks, a talk show on Current TV, Hastings railed against the Obama administration, which “has clearly declared war on the press”; the only recourse, he said, was for the press to respond: “We declare war on you.” On May 31, he dashed off an urgent tweet: “first they came for manning. Then Assange. Then fox. Then the ap.drake and the other whistle-blowers. Any nyt reporters too.” He attended screenings of his friend Jeremy Scahill’s film Dirty Wars, which seeks to expose “the hidden truth behind America’s expanding covert wars,” and when leaks about the NSA began appearing in The Guardian, and Edward Snowden was charged with espionage, Hastings was deeply troubled by the revelations and the Justice Department’s response. On June 7, his last post for BuzzFeed, where he was a staff writer, focused on “Why Democrats Love to Spy on Americans,” and at the time of his death, Hastings was working on a profile of CIA director John Brennan for Rolling Stone.

It was for Rolling Stone, where Hastings had a contract, that he’d written “The Runaway General,” the 2010 article that resulted in the cashiering of General Stanley McChrystal, America’s commander in Afghanistan, and made his name as a journalist. Mark Leibovich, in this summer’s inside-the-­Beltway big read, This Town, describes Hastings’s McChrystal piece as “the most consequential” journalism of 2010 and possibly Obama’s entire first term. But despite going after big game, Hastings tended to be nonchalant about possible repercussions. “Whenever I’d been reporting around groups of dudes whose job it was to kill people,” he said once, “one of them would usually mention that they were going to kill me.”

By the middle of June, though, Hastings, then 33, had become openly afraid. Helicopters are a common sight in the Hollywood Hills, but he had told Jordanna Thigpen, a neighbor he’d become close to, that there were more of them in the sky than usual, and he was certain they were tracking him. On Saturday the 15th, he called Matt Farwell, his writing partner, and said Farwell might be interviewed by the FBI. Farwell was unsettled. “He was being really cagey over the phone, which was odd, very odd,” Farwell says. On the 17th, Hastings e-mailed colleagues at BuzzFeed to warn them that “the Feds are interviewing my ‘close friends and associates’?”; he was “onto a big story” and needed to go “off the rada[r] for a bit … hope to see you all soon.”

“He was deeply agitated,” says The Young Turks host Cenk Uygur. Since Hastings didn’t want to say anything more over e-mail or the phone, Farwell, who lived in Virginia, set up a lunch for him the following Thursday with a trusted friend of Farwell’s, also in L.A., so that she could pass along whatever Hastings had to tell him on her forthcoming trip East.

The lunch never happened. At 4:20 a.m. on Tuesday, June 18, Hastings’s silver Mercedes C250 coupe, speeding south on Highland Avenue, crossed Melrose, jumped the median, hit a palm tree, and exploded. The charred body of the driver was identified by the Los Angeles coroner as John Doe 117 until fingerprints confirmed that the deceased was Michael Hastings.

Sergeant Joe Biggs, who met Hastings in 2008, when the reporter, on assignment for GQ, was embedded with his unit in Afghanistan, hadn’t spoken to his friend in three months, but Hastings had BCC’d him on the June 17 e-mail to BuzzFeed colleagues. “I tried calling him when I got that e-mail,” Biggs says, “’cause I felt so fucking scared, because it didn’t seem like him.” Biggs e-mailed BuzzFeed, too. “They weren’t helpful at all. I kept e-mailing back, ‘What should we do? I’m not a journalist. I don’t know how to go about this stuff.’ They never responded to me.” Biggs tried contacting other media to let them know about the ominous e-mail; the only person who got back to him was a local L.A. reporter. “If that thing didn’t get released,” Biggs told me when I first called him, two weeks after Hastings’s death, “people would keep thinking it was an accident.”

Full article:
http://nymag.com/news/features/michael-hastings-2013-11/
AnalisOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 950
PostPosted: 30-12-2013 12:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zilch5 wrote:
theyithian wrote:
Eyewitness account:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fweyFCFKcp0&list=UU1yBKRuGpC1tSM73A0ZjYjQ

Sparks coming from the bottom of the car before he lost control and hit the tree.

The car kept exploding after impact.

There are also several Mythbusters videos on how cars do NOT explode after impact. Not once and certainly not several times. The more I read of the facts the more it bothers me.

At first I just thought "oh well here goes" you know. But "the car kept exploding after impact?" Really? Shocked

But aren't there many hollywoodian duds where cars are seen to explode after the smallest bump ?
The trouble with this story is that on the released video, Michael Hasting's car is seen to explode exactly as if it was in a bad Michael Bay's movie (a self-evident truth), while in real life, cars don't explode like that. This death is certainly strange.
lkb3rdOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 301
PostPosted: 02-01-2014 11:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to believe too many strange and unlikely things to think this wasn't a murder.
For example, you have to believe he was paranoid and delusional for worrying that he was in danger immediately prior to being killed. Since this is FT, you could substitute that he was having precognition of his accidental death.
JonfairwayOffline
Great Old One
PostPosted: 02-01-2014 12:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

would never have happened with an old e type jag !!!

no computer controlled anything !!!!

was this remote control tech available 1997 ?

http://princess-diana-life-n-death.blogspot.co.uk/2007/06/princess-dianas-death-mystery-of-stolen.html

makes for interesting reading

i know i know.... i'm mad.......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Conspiracy - general All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: