Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Egypt's Serapeum And Giant Stone Boxes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Earth Mysteries - the land
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jupiterbeingsOffline
Grey
Total posts: 26
PostPosted: 28-08-2013 06:55    Post subject: Egypt's Serapeum And Giant Stone Boxes Reply with quote

Here's some interesting and baffling stone artifacts recently opened to the public in Egypt. Simply incredible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j9uHyDSH0s
Zilch5Offline
Vogon Poet
Total posts: 1579
PostPosted: 28-08-2013 10:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

We may not know how they did it - but they managed anyhow. I have said it before, we don't give our ancient ancestors nearly enough credit for their ingenuity.

We think we are so very smart because we can use computers and such. But take our modern gadgets away from us and we are completely lost. The old guys could build a pyramid without electricity, a phone or a calculator.

Who's really smart here?
EnolaGaiaOffline
Total posts: 1547
PostPosted: 28-08-2013 12:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zilch5 wrote:
We may not know how they did it - but they managed anyhow. I have said it before, we don't give our ancient ancestors nearly enough credit for their ingenuity. ...

Agreed!

I've never been comfortable with certain suggestions of past / ancient fortean influences (e.g., 'ancient astronauts') because their starting point is a presumption our ancestors could not have done what the evidence indicates they did.
feinmanOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 210
PostPosted: 30-01-2014 00:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't like the ancient astronaut stuff either! Take a look at some of the stonework here:
http://www.theglobaleducationproject.org/egypt/articles/cdunn-1.php

Very surprising stuff, as not a single diamond or other "precious" stone has been found in archaeological sites in Egypt, to my knowledge.
chris138Offline
Cretin
Total posts: 144
PostPosted: 03-02-2014 17:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
because their starting point is a presumption our ancestors could not have done what the evidence indicates they did.

Going from building such small structures to something as grand as a pyramid with such precision (some of them) does conjure some romantic thoughts. I bet someday we find out how they did it, and it will astound.
feinmanOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 210
PostPosted: 04-02-2014 17:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were many other pyramids before the Great Pyramid, and some failed. I actually think that construction has been solved (somewhat):
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/monumental-shift-160227897/

However, how was communication and the speed of construction achieved?? Supposedly far more interesting in ancient times was the Labyrinth..:
http://amazeingart.com/seven-wonders/egyptian-labyrinth.html

I do believe that there are secret treasure chambers in the Great Pyramid, and that they were sealed into the structure as it was built.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> Earth Mysteries - the land All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: