Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
Radio station coincidence
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> It Happened to Me!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fen_TygerOffline
Grey
Total posts: 1
PostPosted: 02-09-2013 11:14    Post subject: Radio station coincidence Reply with quote

Yesterday evening I arrived home mid/late evening from a weekend away. Spent the last 20-30 minutes of the journey with 'Jack FM' on the car radio (I'm normally a Radio Four listener). As I pulled up outside my flat at about 9.15pm, the track playing on the radio was 'Dear Prudence' (Siouxsie & the Banshees version). Switched engine off, went inside, straight to bed.

Got up this morning, hopped into the car at about 7.40am to go to work, Radio came on with the ignition... same track was playing...

'Laughing'

I'll grant you Jack FM doesn't have a big playlist, but what are the chances eh?
escargot1Offline
Total posts: 18795
PostPosted: 02-09-2013 11:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it! Very Happy

I once owned a banger with noisy engine trouble. It had a radio so we had that on a lot to hide the worrying front-end sounds. Shocked

One day the kids and I were singing Radio Gaga loudly instead. Someone decided to switch on the radio, and Queen took up the tune neatly. Laughing

Just like Tim Brooke Taylor on Pick Up Tune. Wink
cherrybombOffline
Skating the thin crust
Total posts: 1117
PostPosted: 02-09-2013 12:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Love it! Welcome Fen_Tyger!
escargot1Offline
PostPosted: 02-09-2013 14:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup Fen_Tyger, welcome aboard!

We'll be requiring all your weird stories, please. Turn out your pockets. Wink
birdyOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 129
PostPosted: 04-09-2013 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember a few years ago I was leaving London after 6 six years to move back in with my parents in Devon, leaving also a boyfriend, friends and the bright lights. In the car on the way the Pet Shop Boys 'Suburbia' was playing, which I found bittersweet as BF and I are both fans (not to mention that I was literally headed for Suburbia). We stopped off at motorway services a short while later and the same bloody song was playing.

Another time I was out with a friend in soho and we were laughing about the time I'd been to a restaurant sat next to an open window outside which a busker was playing the opening notes to Careless Whisper over and over (I guess he didn't get around to learning the rest). Later friend and I went to a bar and the CD they were playing got stuck... on Careless Whisper.
BrimirOffline
Yeti
Total posts: 81
PostPosted: 04-09-2013 23:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

a couple weeks a go, I changed the radio station on the car radio, it was half way through a song, changed to the new station, the same song was playing, carrying on from the exact point where I left it.
AsamiYamazakiOffline
I was Dora Suarez
Total posts: 469
PostPosted: 05-09-2013 11:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few years ago, we went for a holiday down in Dorset and obviously some salesman had flogged every single dining and drinking establishment in town the same easy listening CD ... for a whole week, every single place we went to was playing the same damn thing. The King of Wishful Thinking still haunts me Razz
UrvogelOffline
Great Old One
Total posts: 152
PostPosted: 06-09-2013 11:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once I had a dream I was sitting in a car with some family friends. I was in the backseat. The woman in the passenger seat turned round to tell me something, and right as she opened her mouth my radio alarm clock turned on. Unfortunatley the song it switched on to right at that moment was a metal/rock song right at the point the singer was screaming. So in my dream she opened her mouth and what issued out was a loud "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!"

Certainly woke me up.
rushfan62Offline
Great Old One
Total posts: 284
PostPosted: 06-09-2013 12:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

We once left a Rush concert and got in the car to come home. On the way to the concert we had been listening to some Rush to get us into the spirit. When the engine was switched on, the stereo came on playing "Spirit of radio" from the point where we'd left it upon arriving. Feeling we'd had enough Rush for that evening we turned the cassette off - and the song kept playing! It was on the radio too.
escargot1Offline
PostPosted: 06-09-2013 20:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I drove about 30 miles to an arts centre, playing a cheesy 60s Cd on the way. It got a bit repetitive and I started thinking, I wish I had song X on here too, it's really good! (Being evasive here as I can't now remember what it was! Laughing )

When we reached the centre there was background music. It was Song X that I'd been thinking of, with others like it, on a CD which was repeated… and repeated… and repeated, all the time we were there! Shocked

I've probably not so much forgotten the song as blocked it out from the trauma! Laughing
gncxxOffline
King-Size Canary
Total posts: 14977
PostPosted: 08-09-2013 17:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't Sonny and Cher's I Got You, Babe was it?
escargot1Offline
PostPosted: 08-09-2013 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

*fingers in ears*

La la la, can't hear you! Laughing
H2olilyusOffline
Grey
Total posts: 10
PostPosted: 03-12-2013 22:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, how when I have something on my mind, most of the songs I will hear on the radio will match the scenario or my mood. Well, maybe not so funny, after all the whole world revolves around me! Must be my magical thinking...
AMPHIARAUS
PostPosted: 03-12-2013 22:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other day I was in traffic stationary outside the Hastings Jerwood Gallery when on Radio 2 they gave out a shout to the staff of Jerwood Hastings.
Now as I'm not that often in that exact area and I have never heard that show mention these guys previously I suspect the chances are pretty slim. It made me smile and not a little sad that the same chances weren't at play on my lottery ticket.
liveinabin1Offline
Great Old One
Total posts: 2277
PostPosted: 04-12-2013 20:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Different thing really but I do recall being stuck in traffic at the top of Portman Road in Ipswich during the murders, listening to the reporter on radio 4 reporting from Portman Road.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fortean Times Message Board Forum Index -> It Happened to Me! All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: